Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I see some places people prefer second dining, any reasons why?

A few reasons. Some people just like to eat later. There also tends to be fewer children. The biggest reason is probably so you'll have more time in the ports and on the ship swimming and what not, before you have to get ready for dinner.

Be aware that if you are planning on going to the shows, they'll start close to when first dining would have started so you actually have that much more time to get ready.

DisSplash

Hi DisneyFalcon:

We are headed to the Dream in about 12 days!! So excited!! While I want to enjoy every possible minute onboard the cruise ship, do you know what is the earliest time you can disembark at the end of the cruise? We've got a drive ahead of us and wanted to know how soon we could get on the road ....

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Hi DisneyFalcon:

We are headed to the Dream in about 12 days!! So excited!! While I want to enjoy every possible minute onboard the cruise ship, do you know what is the earliest time you can disembark at the end of the cruise? We've got a drive ahead of us and wanted to know how soon we could get on the road ....

Yay! Have so much fun!!

On normal mornings the ship clears customs between 7 and 7:30, sometimes earlier. It's always possible to get held up in customs but that's pretty rare on a standard sailing. :)

Cesar R M

speaking of cruises, I'm trying to apply for the Canadian VISa, I never imagined they asked more info than the US counterparts lol!.

cjgren

I apologize if this has been answered, but I couldn't seem to find an answer. If you are taking the DCL bus back to the airport, do you have to check your luggage in or do they offer the same service that the resorts do, where you can drop them off in the morning and enjoy your day if you have a later flight?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I apologize if this has been answered, but I couldn't seem to find an answer. If you are taking the DCL bus back to the airport, do you have to check your luggage in or do they offer the same service that the resorts do, where you can drop them off in the morning and enjoy your day if you have a later flight?

If you're taking transfers to the airport, you can check your luggage for most airlines, but you have to go to the airport. If you're going to WDW for the day, I'd recommend renting a car and leaving the luggage in your car.

Reactions: Tom

Karenb64

I'm assuming Disney offers a shuttle from the Miami airport if cruising from the Miami port. Can someone tell me the cost for the shuttle or the cost of other options like a taxi or car service? Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel near the Miami port or near the airport? And about how long does the debarkation process take at the end of the trip?

Bolna

I'm assuming Disney offers a shuttle from the Miami airport if cruising from the Miami port. Can someone tell me the cost for the shuttle or the cost of other options like a taxi or car service? Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel near the Miami port or near the airport? And about how long does the debarkation process take at the end of the trip?

The port is quite close to the airport. According to the port's website the taxi fare between airport and port is a flat fare of $ 24.

When we debarked we did not rush off the ship, but were outside the terminal by 9am. You certainly could be off the ship mich quicker. Express debarkation (people who took their own luggage off) were announced to be able to leave at 7:30am. One thing I noticed though was when we left, Miami morning rush hour was still rather heavy, so travel time anywhere might be a bit longer.

Sorry, I can't help with any hotels!

Tidbit

I have info in regards to the new internet package onboard........if needed.....not sure if it's been posted yet.......just let me know!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I have info in regards to the new internet package onboard........if needed.....not sure if it's been posted yet.......just let me know!

We have talked about it in the threads, but that's a good idea to post it in the FAQ's. I'll post that today. Thanks, Tidbit!

djpoore94

I have another question about tips. I tried searching, but was not successful!

We booked a brunch at Palo and I'm not sure how to handle the tip for the server(s) there since they won't be our regular dinner servers. Do we tip at the end of the meal or do we add the tip to the rest at the end of the cruise? I am sure we'll be adding to the automatic tips at the end of the week!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I have another question about tips. I tried searching, but was not successful!

We booked a brunch at Palo and I'm not sure how to handle the tip for the server(s) there since they won't be our regular dinner servers. Do we tip at the end of the meal or do we add the tip to the rest at the end of the cruise? I am sure we'll be adding to the automatic tips at the end of the week!
Should you wish to tip your Palo server, you do so at the end of the meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom