Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirari

thank you @Disneyfalcon and @Master Yoda. We plan to bring our own snorkeling equipment from France (working in Health, I don't like to rent that kind of equipment), so we won't need to rent it.

So I think we will just book the stingray and just enjoy the free snorkeling option at castaway cay :). Saving money do spend on the ship then.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
thank you @Disneyfalcon and @Master Yoda. We plan to bring our own snorkeling equipment from France (working in Health, I don't like to rent that kind of equipment), so we won't need to rent it.

So I think we will just book the stingray and just enjoy the free snorkeling option at castaway cay :). Saving money do spend on the ship then.

Sounds like a great day! :)

kirari

Oh yes! I'm so excited right now! We've just finished to pay and have to wait now for our first cruise ; I have to say that for me it is the most exciting part of our vacation!

I know when you book a cruise a deposit is required, is there any way to determine how much is needed? Is it a percentage of the total and if so, what percent?

We will be flying into Orlando the night before our cruise and are wanting to get to the cruise terminal and board the ship as early as possible. For our first Disney cruise we stayed in the world before sailing and were disappointed about getting to the port later in the day. What is our best option? If we stay in the hotel in the airport and check in with DME by 830 am as mentioned previously in the posts, will that get us to the cruise terminal fairly early? Or are we better off staying the night closer to port or arranging our own transportation?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We will be flying into Orlando the night before our cruise and are wanting to get to the cruise terminal and board the ship as early as possible. For our first Disney cruise we stayed in the world before sailing and were disappointed about getting to the port later in the day. What is our best option? If we stay in the hotel in the airport and check in with DME by 830 am as mentioned previously in the posts, will that get us to the cruise terminal fairly early? Or are we better off staying the night closer to port or arranging our own transportation?

I would suggest staying closer to the terminal if you want to get there early. There is a nice Country Inn and Suites and a Radisson that are close that I've booked quote a few clients in before their cruise.

Pam

GrumpysWife

Just FYI - they actually hold guests that arrive on shuttles or drive, while airport arrivals are allowed in. Guests in Port Canaveral can get there early, but if you want to be one of the first guests there you will want to come from the airport. :)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
That's interesting since guests that were arriving by shuttle and driving were actually walking in at the same time with Cruise line transfer guests on our last cruise and we took a shuttle from a nearby hotel. The shuttles drop you right in front of the terminal and we had no wait time at all.

Pam

mammaminnie

When we sailed on the Fantasy out of PC, we stayed at a Port hotel and arrived right at Port opening time and only waited 2-3 minutes after checking in before we boarded. We were not held up anywhere along the process. Other than online check-in, I was never asked where I came from (airport, WDW or other), and I didn't even specify in my online check-in either where I was staying.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We actually left the hotel right at 10:30 and we were literally there in about 5 minutes and went right in. For the short commute on the day of cruising, go with a hotel at the port for the convenience of having that close proximity.

Pam

Much-Pixie-Dust

We are car rental people. We stay at DW and drive in the morning of (only takes about an hour). We parked in the garage and went to the third floor (I believe). We were the 2nd group to let in on the ship. It was great! DD was the third person to ride the AquaDuck and I got some great pics of the ship with no one in them. We rented a car primarily because the cruise we were going to DW both before and after the cruise,and I like having a car at the World. I liked getting early to the port and after the cruise, we were back at Disney by 9 a.m. We did not sit our luggage out the night before disembarkment. We carried it out with us and were one of the first people to leave the ship, which was nice for us.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I know when you book a cruise a deposit is required, is there any way to determine how much is needed? Is it a percentage of the total and if so, what percent?
They do have specials at times where you pay half of the deposit like they did a few months back. 20% of the cruise total before taxes, fees, etc otherwise.

Pam

Thank you everyone for your help! My husband and I booked a cruise for April 2016 yesterday :) I feel like this may be a silly question...my castaway ID number is listed as my maiden name so I had to book the current cruise under that name. Will I be able to call and get it switched to my married name? Also, if wanting to request a dining table alone do I do that somewhere online or do I need to call? And when is the appropriate time to do so?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your help! My husband and I booked a cruise for April 2016 yesterday :) I feel like this may be a silly question...my castaway ID number is listed as my maiden name so I had to book the current cruise under that name. Will I be able to call and get it switched to my married name? Also, if wanting to request a dining table alone do I do that somewhere online or do I need to call? And when is the appropriate time to do so?

Congratulations! Disney will change the last name associated with your Castaway Club number, just give them a call. Make sure the name on your booking matches your passport or government issued photo ID that you are traveling with. Call and request a table alone at any point. It's not too early.

polynesiangirl

OK, so if I am staying in WDW the night before our cruise and having DCL Pick us up, do I have any control whatsoever over our boarding time? Does DCL assign it for us? They asked me to choose a boarding time when I pre-registered a few days ago but I have zero idea if the DCL bus can get us there early enough to make the time I selected.

Is this something I need to call them about? I'd hate to find out they can't get me there by our boarding time and find out I messed something up.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
OK, so if I am staying in WDW the night before our cruise and having DCL Pick us up, do I have any control whatsoever over our boarding time? Does DCL assign it for us? They asked me to choose a boarding time when I pre-registered a few days ago but I have zero idea if the DCL bus can get us there early enough to make the time I selected.

Is this something I need to call them about? I'd hate to find out they can't get me there by our boarding time and find out I messed something up.

The cruise line buses should get you there early enough to be there for your selected boarding time. What time did you choose? Since you notified cruise line that you need a pick up from a WDW hotel, you should have paperwork from them the night before telling you what time your pick up from the hotel is.

Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom