Disney Cruise and stay

steveford

Original Poster
Hi we are planning a trip for 3 weeks next November staying at Port Orleans, half way we are looking at a 3 day cruise on the Dream.

Is there somewhere where we can leave luggage whilst we are on the cruise and also whether the magical express goes to Port Canveral

cmwade77

I've never seen this question before and I am curious as to the answer. Of course you can definitely take your luggage with you. These days we try to have one carry on per person and one personal item per person, this eliminates checked bag fees. What we usually do is clothes for every two people in one carryon and souvenirs in the other. You might ask how. Space Saver bags (be sure to get the kind that work with or without a vacuum), they work very nicely. The personal item is a tote bag that will contain things like cameras, toiletries, purses, etc.

If we have souvineers that won't fit or contain liquids, we will ship them back using one or two flat rate boxes (still a lot cheaper than checked baggage fees)

ChuckElias

Is there somewhere where we can leave luggage whilst we are on the cruise and also whether the magical express goes to Port Canveral
I can't answer the question about the luggage, but I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to carry 3 weeks worth of stuff onto a 3 night cruise! :) My guess is that there is some kind of short term storage for people who arrive before check-in time, etc. and you'd be able to keep the bags there. Just a guess, tho.

I don't think the Magical Express runs to Port Canaveral, but I know that the DCL buses go from the resorts to the terminal. You should contact the cruise line or a travel agent to purchase the ground transfers. Depending on how many people are in your party, it might be cheaper to rent a car and leave it at the port for 3 days. The transfers were about $70 each, last time I used them. So if there are 4 people in your party, it would be much cheaper to get a weekend rental car for $125 or so and pay the $40 to park it. Even with the $5 in tolls each way on the Beach Line, you come out ahead.

Disneyfalcon

No Magical Express, but there are DCL transfers and other options as Chuck explained.

That is a good question about luggage! You can definitely take it onboard. Other than that, maybe Owner's Locker could do something? I really am not sure on that one!

ChuckElias

My guess is that there is some kind of short term storage for people who arrive before check-in time, etc. and you'd be able to keep the bags there.
Just to be clear, I'm talking about leaving the bags at Port Orleans in short term storage. NOT storage at the port. When I re-read my own post, it seemed very unclear.

Phonedave

Another option - and this would be my LAST choice - would be to rent a car and leave the luggage in the car at the port.

Chances it would be stolen are slim. You could rent a full size car (one with a big trunk) and put all your stuff in the car, drive it to the port, take out only what you need for a 3-day cruise, and leave the rest locked in the trunk.

Whatever you end up doing with the luggage, I would still rent a car. You can either rent for 3 days and pay parking, or do one-way rentals. I son't know about other companies, but I have never paid any sort of additional fees for a one way rental in the Orlando - Port Canaveral area with National.

-dave

Jseven

Being a hotel person, I have had this situation come up several times at other hotels in Orlando and it has never been a problem. Your luggage is just sitting there and you are paying for 2.5 weeks worth of hotel rooms.....seems like its the least they could do. I would call the hotel directly and ask to speak to the bell stand then when you get connected, ask for the bell captain. Find the hotel number by googling "port orleans 32830".

Best of luck! I am going on the 3 day sailing in May!

WDWRLD

No Magical Express, but there are DCL transfers and other options as Chuck explained.

That is a good question about luggage! You can definitely take it onboard. Other than that, maybe Owner's Locker could do something? I really am not sure on that one!

I was thinking the same thing....

Find the hotel number by googling "port orleans 32830".

Port Orleans FQ 1-407-934-5000
Port Orleans Riverside 1-407-934-6000

CB2@disney

Hi we are planning a trip for 3 weeks next November staying at Port Orleans, half way we are looking at a 3 day cruise on the Dream.

We are going on a land/sea/land trip in Oct. We are staying at the Pop Century then going on the Dream and then staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I called the Wilderness Lodge and since we will be guest they said that we could leave our extra stuff there while on the cruise. I'd check with your resorts.

WDWRLD

We are going on a land/sea/land trip in Oct. We are staying at the Pop Century then going on the Dream and then staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I called the Wilderness Lodge and since we will be guest they said that we could leave our extra stuff there while on the cruise. I'd check with your resorts.

Great...I asked about that in 08 and it was a "no"....we too will be doing Land/Sea/Land this June/July. 2 days at PoP,4 night Dream then back to Por for a week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom