Disney Copycat Characters

JRMFL

GalaxyWarsIPinfringement2.jpg

LongLiveTheKing

Completely off topic, but I've seen Something Rotten! twice and it is INCREDIBLE. It is great, great fun. Enjoy it!!

On topic, when I was in NYC a few weeks ago, the costumed people in Times Square seemed even worse than before. In front of Hard Rock Cafe, a Spiderman held his hand out for a little boy to shake, and when the kid did, "Spiderman" grabbed on and wouldn't let go! His parents were walking ahead of him and I could tell he was getting scared. I was all ready to step in, but his father finally noticed and yanked the boy away. I've never understood the appeal of these "characters," and in general they are creepy, pushy, and pretty tasteless.
Of course Spiderman couldn't let go. He can keep himself stuck to walls for an indefinite period of time. His sticky powers were just too much for him to control for that day.

LongLiveTheKing

It's only a matter of time until they finally make his eyes blink.
They time the blink to be just at the moment you think it isn't capable of moving to scare the crap out of you. It also only blinks ONCE so when you try and show it to your friends and prove that it's alive they think you're crazy, like every evil doll movie ever.

mimitchi33

That Arlo looks more like Yoshi from the Mario games to me.
People who sell these often get their characters confused. I once saw a listing call a Minion from Despicable Me "SpongeBob", and another listing confused Sofia the First for Princess Aurora.
Those bootleg parties are about to go to new heights lol

This has actually existed in bootleg costumes for quite a while. I read an article from 2014 where they said a Minnie costume in New York City used this technology.

I actually live near NYC, and whenever I am in Times Square, I always see these costumes. Did you know that sometimes these characters can do things that not even the official companies would approve of? This video shows an Elmo costume character shouting offensive things in front of the (now closed) Toys R Us Times Square location. This may be NSFW due to offensive references to religion. I think this guy who was wearing the Elmo costume got in trouble for this!):

That reminded me of those ads on anime sites for free online games with sexy girls in bikinis, tricking you into thinking it is a NSFW game or something.

And since we're talking Star Wars, here's a slightly creepy Jar Jar Binks costume head...that is missing his ears!
ncqhs.jpg

brb1006

I actually live near NYC, and whenever I am in Times Square, I always see these costumes. Did you know that sometimes these characters can do things that not even the official companies would approve of? This video shows an Elmo costume character shouting offensive things in front of the (now closed) Toys R Us Times Square location. This may be NSFW due to offensive references to religion. I think this guy who was wearing the Elmo costume got in trouble for this!):

That reminded me of those ads on anime sites for free online games with sexy girls in bikinis, tricking you into thinking it is a NSFW game or something.

And since we're talking Star Wars, here's a slightly creepy Jar Jar Binks costume head...that is missing his ears!
ncqhs.jpg

I remember the Elmo guy has started showing up from various cities across the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom