Disney continues to expand park hours in June

Rob562

Original Poster
If you have a trip coming up soon, you might want to go back and double-check the park hours yet again. A few weeks ago they expanded the hours at the Studios, and expanded Fantasmic to 5 nights a week.

Well, they just tweaked the park hours again, for Studios as well as Magic Kingdom.

Here's what changed for my upcoming trip in 2 weeks:

At the Studios, anything that had been expanded to 9pm is now 10pm, and they've added a second Fantasmic showing at 10:30pm every night that it runs. The only days that are still unchanged (and without Fantasmic) are the two days involving EMH. On each of those, the park still closes at 7pm.

Over at Magic Kingdom, they've got some insanely late hours...
Some 11pm closings have become midnight, and there are even a few mid-week 1am scheduled closings. Add in some 11pm closes with Evening EMH until 2am, and I could be in the MK until 12am or later every single night of my trip except one.
And on my departure day (the 10th) the hours are 8am-midnight, with Evening EMH until 3am! :eek:

Oh, and they've added a second running of MSEP on the days the park closes later than 10pm.

Makes me wonder just what kind of crowds they're expecting... I know they have the National PTA convention at Coronado Springs the 2nd half of the week I'm there, but this is crazy! (Not complaining at all, mind you... I'm a major night owl) ;)

-Rob

ToTBellHop

Or because they're expecting higher demand for the park due to Star Tours
...or because the economy is slowly rebounding and people are traveling...or because there is a huge increase in tourists from other countries taking advantage of a still-weak US Dollar...or because there are still deep discounts...or because there are still plenty of people who haven't seen the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Lots of reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom