News Disney considering a service like Uber at WDW - Confirmed as Minnie Van

Aside from all the other responses here, there is no direct hotel-to-hotel service, outside of the MK resort area, so a dinner at Boca requires you, from the Grand Floridian, to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, then take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. It can take 60-90 mins, depending on the crowd levels. Uber allows you to avoid this by getting you there within 10 minutes for $7-8. Why would you not do it?
Of all the things to "blow" money on, this seems the most practical and reasonable. If a t-shirt costs 30-40$, you've got 3-4 Lyft rides (not Minnie Van) plus tip.

radiohost

We did four Minnie van rides two weeks ago during our trip to WDW.

This service is something in 20 years we will look back at and say “I remember when this service first started and paid $20 for”...

Kind of like when fast pass debuted in the late 90’s....we look back and say how great of an idea that was.

Daveeeeed

Was able to ride the Minnie Van for free the other night. A Cast Member was being trained and we just happened upon them waiting at the MK bus area, and they asked if we wanted a ride. Pretty sweet!

DisneyDaver

And two guaranteed car seats. That alone is huge for some people.

This is why I will be using the Minnie Vans multiple times during my next visit. The $5 price increase will have no effect on my use until my kids are older and out of car seats. Then I will likely stop using the Minnie Vans. I suspect there are enough guests in my situation with young kids to keep the Minnie Vans at full capacity and the $5 increase will have no impact on demand.

AshaNeOmah

We were at Port Orleans two weeks ago and really wanted to use it. And extra $25-50 bucks a day to get back and forth simply is probably going to be worth it for my family. I've got two boys, 4 and 1, so Uber and Lyft really isn't an option at this point. Even if it was, UberXL with car seat isn't much cheaper.

dreamfinder

Weird to have pop century but not AoA. I guess we could walk over to pop to use it?

Yes and no. The front desk/concierge needs to activate the Minnie Van functionality on your Lyft account before the option will show up as a car choice. And they wanted us to be staying at the resort before doing the activation. Now the CM may or may not actually check that you are at the resort. But once it's active, you should be able to request the pickup anywhere on property.

Goofnut1980

We used the service when going to Magic Kingdom from AKV. I hate parking in the lot or taking the bus from AKV because its so far away. I like the convenience of being dropped off in the bus area. It was great at the end of the day too when it was raining and we were a little wet.. We didn't have to wait for the bus and was more comfortable. I know you expect to pay money when at Disney, but wow $25 can make or break folks that are on a budget. It doesn't affect me fortunately but I feel bad for people that want to take it and are not able to at $25 per ride.

deeevo

I have been using it to get to my hotel from anywhere other than a park almost always for dinner or a bar. That is always a logistical nightmare and takes multiple buses. Not sure I would ever use it to get to a park since you can go from any resort to a park. Even if I was at DS I would take the bus to the CR.

TrojanUSC

I have been using it to get to my hotel from anywhere other than a park almost always for dinner or a bar. That is always a logistical nightmare and takes multiple buses. Not sure I would ever use it to get to a park since you can go from any resort to a park. Even if I was at DS I would take the bus to the CR.

Genuine question why pay that premium when you could use Uber/Lyft for 1/3 of the cost? It makes the most sense, to me, when its either to or from MK (to avoid the crush of crowds) or to Fort Wilderness (to avoid having to take the bus to the bank).

deeevo

Genuine question why pay that premium when you could use Uber/Lyft for 1/3 of the cost? It makes the most sense, to me, when its either to or from MK (to avoid the crush of crowds) or to Fort Wilderness (to avoid having to take the bus to the bank).
I enjoy talking to the cast members, I have kids that require booster seats, I drink the Koolaid... lol

durangojim

Original Poster
Didn’t realize they had some full size vans too. Saw this this morning at the Boardwalk.

0328A86E-8299-4292-8946-76EE8D040B18.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom