News Disney considering a service like Uber at WDW - Confirmed as Minnie Van

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

21stamps

“We hit a homerun here with guests guys! They love the vans and guests find the value is pretty solid! Great job.”

“So let’s raise the price, see how far we can stretch out that value equation.”

“Sounds great! Bonuses for everyone!”

Can you really blame them? Especially with comments we’ve seen about willingness/want for airport service at a higher price than other forms of transport?

I never thought it would be as popular as people are reporting.

Walt d

I can say that during our 7 night trip at the Grand Floridian we used Uber a total of six times, going to and from the Floridian to places when the wait for the bus was too long, or going to Epcot since we didn't want to have to switch monorails. Each time it took less than 5 mins to get a car which meant if I ordered it when we left our room, it would be waiting for us when we got to the lobby. The trips cost right around $7 a piece. If Disney could provide a similar service or a flat rate that was affordable based on how many days you'd be staying at one of their resorts I would be all for it, but I have a hard time believing they could do that at a reasonable price.
Why do you not use the disney transportain . I dont understand that, cant wait”

21stamps

I hate waiting. So, Uber or Taxi. Added to that, sometimes I just like to go to or from a park with my family.. not having to deal with the group of obnoxious Disney guests that exist.

MaximumEd

The buses are my only gripe on a trip. I don’t mind shelling out an extra Benjamin on a week long trip to avoid them. Out of all the things we blow money on at WDW, that is money well spent when HS is emptying out on spring break and you are 5 buses out trying to get back to Pop.

ThatMouse

$25 and they do not accept tipping? And do they pick you up at the bus stop at MK at closing? Only way I can see that worth it. The other parks have plenty of taxis waiting.

Walt d

I can think of several reasons they should NOT attempt this but the most reasons I am concerned about is the money that will be taken away from local Uber drivers (which Disney wants).

So many guests at Disney utilize Uber and Lyft due to backed up Disney transportation. In turn, this has actually created a lot of extra income for locals and even a a couple thousand CMs looking to make a little extra cash to supplement their low wages. If Disney decides to do this, those thousands of CMs driving for these services will loose that income. And no, they cannot just be hired by Disney to do the same thing as Disney only allows you to have ONE job with the company.

The real solution is to streamline their own transportation. If that means expanding the monorail, do it. If that means creating an actual People Mover at places like the Boardwalk and Disney Springs area, do it. Expensive? Yes. But they HAVE the money. Adding more and more vehicles on the road (extra busses and possibly this service) is only going to keep delaying the current transportation problem.
Monorail is two 2 millon
The price will be $50 by the end of the year.
monorail is currently at 2 million a mile i would like to see, them all over too.

TrojanUSC

Aside from all the other responses here, there is no direct hotel-to-hotel service, outside of the MK resort area, so a dinner at Boca requires you, from the Grand Floridian, to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, then take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. It can take 60-90 mins, depending on the crowd levels. Uber allows you to avoid this by getting you there within 10 minutes for $7-8. Why would you not do it?

deeevo

$25 and they do not accept tipping? And do they pick you up at the bus stop at MK at closing? Only way I can see that worth it. The other parks have plenty of taxis waiting.
I always tipped $5. The app always asked me if I wanted to. $30 with tip is to rich for my blood unless the wife and I are out bar hopping and have no easy way back to the resort.

MikeyK72

That's bumping it pretty close to taxi prices and 2-4 times as much as Uber or Lyft for short trips.

My thoughts exactly. Just came back from a January trip where DW and I used Uber a few times to get from Boardwalk to other resorts for dinner. For example, BW to Wilderness Lodge was $9.31 before tip. After dinner WL back to BW as $10.32 before tip. DW and I joked that Disney would need to DROP their rates to compete with Uber if they wanted the Minnie Van service to be successful. I guess we were wrong. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom