Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

bethymouse

It is puzzling that WDW will be removing popular entertainment options from World Showcase and replacing them with "more authentic, cultural entertainment" then turns around and removes an authentic, cultural ride in favor of a fictional, fantasy cartoon.
Yes. I agree. That is very ironic- or is it about $$$$ ( I hope not).:(

EPCOTCenterLover

Breaking news!!! - for those of you who are worried about what will become of the Wonders of Life pavilion, I've come across some concept art that I can confirm is 100% authentic -
mOF3E933RY2p8h_fKsrjYeDAXSLQhBTGdg1UdQTfpe4CN1WbSX1MugjBsK-mEMwBbBU2wQ=w1342-h523
Poor Olaf! That spire must be uncomfortable!

wdwfan4ver

One thing that I find interesting is that, on the blog, all of the comments are yay, not nay
It is really not interesting because Disney has been deleting the negative comments over there. Disney really doesn't the truth to be revealed on their blog that people really don't like maelstrom being replaced by frozen.

Cesar R M

Anyone notice the subtle but meaningful (I think) change in the name of the Christmas parade, as cited in this announcement.

They were focusing on the inclusion of "Frozen" characters in it, of course, but I noticed the name change. They called it "Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime" parade. It was usually called "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade" in the past.

Subtle, but maybe indicating a whole new parade (and maybe a de-emphasis on celebrating Christmas itself, but instead the season -- just an observation of why they would use "Christmastime" instead of "Christmas" when then movie title they reference was "Christmas," unless they just felt it more broadly fit the parade atmosphere -- who knows?).
pretty simple, because they are not celebrating christmas day anymore.
They will probably try to extend and convert into a "christmas parade" a la Walmart selling stuff even before halloween even starts lol!

Txrayado

But what does this speak about today's society if topics such as science, innovation, and culture are considered too boring for kids? It's almost as if "Educational" has become a swear word, and everything needs to be slapped with a happy cartoon representation in order to appeal to kids. To me, that seems like a more embarrassing statement toward the audience which is being targeted rather than the park issuing it out.

I agree I love epcot and always have since I first visited. But kids these days are being raised in a time of IPads and video games.

On my first visit to the world in 2001 I was 13. I loved all of it. I was a huge Bill Nye fan! The wonders of life pavilion was a blast! Minus the making of me thing... I don't remember that one... Might be a good thing. Figment was ridden over and over again. Exploring the WS was an Indiana Jones adventure for my brother and I.

But if we look at what we have today. We lost wonders of life. Kids don't know who Bill Nye is. Also kids these days seem to have a short attention span.

So this might be the direction our world is going. A drastic one. But it's away to connect kids to exploring the world. Only time will tell

Txrayado

So previous mistakes (such as bringing characters in) should be copied and magnified? And who is this "we"that keeps saying EP is not for kids?

Also, spare me the Walt quotes. TWDC only trots them out when it's remotely convenient. Because let's face it, under this current leadership things like Space Mountain and Splash Mountain would not make it past the drawing room due to a lack of ROI....

Do you include the Original Figment as a mistake? I never experienced the original but bc of YouTube I can agree its a shell of its former self

Did Rocking Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, expedition Everest (minus disco Yeti) a failure on return of investment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom