Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

danv3

The addition of meet and greet space makes me wonder whether the ride will in fact be extended as rumored. Maybe the meet and greet is going to be in the current theater area.

BrerJon

This is exactly what I am talking about. The first nail has yet to be driven and you are already assuming that Frozen will be of lesser quality than Maelstrom.

TDO are to blame for this. We've been burned. Time after time they announce things with great concept art that then get slashed, cut and turn out to be pretty half-baked. When a company has a reputation for churning out duds, then claiming they are amazing, it's not unreasonable for fans to expect more of the same.

mousehockey37

I fear you are wrong my friend...if they can sell FROZEN and all 4 Parks, and the 2 water Parks, AND Downtown Disney (maybe a new "Frozen In DTD Shopping Tour" ...Anyone ??) ...THEN they will do it !!

Ok, ok, you got me... I'm glad I just got back from Walt Disney World... it seems next time I might go we'll be entering the Frozen Kingdom, DEFCON (see earlier post for definition), Frozen Studios, Rafikis Frozen Interactive Animal Adventure, Olaf Beach, and Downtown Arendelle...

Goodbye Walt Disney World, Hello Anna & Elsa's Frozen World. LMAO.

dgp602

:greedy: is all this is. Welp, they just ruined going to MK at Christmas for me!:in pain:
I guess I don't mind the Frozen Characters being incorporated into Christmas at the Magic Kingdom. For one, the wintery theme fits nicely. So why not put them into a show? And the Magic Kingdom is where these characters belong! I think you, and I as well, are suffering from Frozen overkill. But I cannot fault this move.

As for adding cartoon character rides in World Showcase? That is something that I fundamentally disagree with on so many levels. Right now, two parks have an identity crisis and are deteriorating before our eyes. In DHS, we have a park that has lost direction on its original theme and intent (there are several threads that discuss this further). As for EPCOPT, it has several empty ( Wonders of Life), under used ( Universe of Energy ) or perversely not fun ( Imagination ) pavilions. To further degrade the park by introducing a ride that clearly should be in a Fantasy Land building (isn't there a former Snow White ride building taking up space?) is clearly a sign that WDW is being run by a management team that has no clear vision on how to advance each park's individual theme and purpose.

jakeman

it's actually kinda racist to just group everyone from a vague geographic region into one land. I know most Americans don't have a clue what the difference is between Norway, Sweden, Finland etc., but that lumping all foreigners into the same pot shouldn't be encouraged.
Norwegian isn't a racist anymore than American is a race.

Imagine if the American pavilion had a New York ride, but it got replaced by a Gotham City Batman ride. How would that feel?
Did the New York City ride end with a film about the city from 25 years ago?

mr toad replaced by winnie the pooh. pooh is a turd. at least they should of given us the tokyo version.
20,000 leagues replaced by little mermaid..... boring.
snow white replaced by dwarfs.... upgrade (sort of).
journey with figment... disaster!
disney stop replacing rides and expand. your replacements suck pooh.

Jeff456

Is there actually confirmation maelstrom is closing on the 30th? They don't Mention any dates you'd think Today with the other announcements it would have made sense to do it then?

nepalostparks

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but just received word October 5th, 2014 is the last day of operation for Maelstrom. New attraction expected to be completed by "early 2016".

OvertheFalls

I have been reading the forums for years. I actually joined months ago, but this is the first bit of news that has prompted me to post. The Norway Pavilion has always been a favorite of mine. How much will the pavilion itself change? I would have preferred maelstrom be refreshed, and clad I got to ride it a final time in August. A Frozen makeover no matter how good is low hanging fruit.

lebeau

Are the Norwegian tourism boards being ignorant and culturally insensitive too? They seem to be happy with using Frozen as a hook to drum up tourism to their country:

http://en.trondelag.com/disneys-frozen-inspired-by-trondelag-central-norway/

http://campaign.visitnorway.com/us/Disney-Frozen/Disneys-Frozen--inspired-by-Norway/

http://www.nordnorge.com/en/frozen/?News=405

Wasn't there a newstory floating around about how ticked off they were by the idea of Frozen taking over their pavilion?

Pretty sure they are not happy.

asianway

Do they really censor negative feedback? I mean, I can understand if someone is belligerent or offensive...but just the simple disapproval of a product is deemed unworthy to them to be shared in the public eye?

That's absurd. Most companies want & WELCOME both positive & negative feedback.
Go look at the blog post about the villains party recap - you will find your answer there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom