Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

ssidiouss@mac.c

Would be great if they used the new greet area also as the entrance to the ride and have the ride exit you into the Norway pavilion. Having the pavilion host the Frozen ride's entrance and exit of the will just make the small area way too crowded.

Bocabear

So...right now we are about a year out to make their "Early 2016" projections...How many years did it take to build the Tangled restrooms? And they didn't get a new attraction... It looks like they are going to run well beyond their projected open date if you consider TDO 's work track record...

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
So...right now we are about a year out to make their "Early 2016" projections...How many years did it take to build the Tangled restrooms? And they didn't get a new attraction... It looks like they are going to run well beyond their projected open date if you consider TDO 's work track record...

Once all the sub and foundation work is done, they can knock up a building pretty quick. With just a re-theme on the inside, they can make that projection if they want. It's right in their recent rate of construction...

*1023*

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Can't really compare the Maeltrom re-do to Tangled since they had to start from scratch with Tangled, but Maelstrom is just modifying an existing ride, and they aren't even replacing he ride system. Maelstrom close 10/14 so I think it's totally reasonable they could have this done by March or April of next year. That fact we are a year out isn't really relevant in this case since we don't know how far along they are.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Once all the sub and foundation work is done, they can knock up a building pretty quick. With just a re-theme on the inside, they can make that projection if they want. It's right in their recent rate of construction...

*1023*

I think he is referring to the ride not the M&G. I think the ride will open before the M&G.

FigmentsFangirl

Can't really compare the Maeltrom re-do to Tangled since they had to start from scratch with Tangled, but Maelstrom is just modifying an existing ride, and they aren't even replacing he ride system. Maelstrom close 10/14 so I think it's totally reasonable they could have this done by March or April of next year. That fact we are a year out isn't really relevant in this case since we don't know how far along they are.
I think the only way to know how long they are out from the opening date; a friend had pictures of Maelstrom gutted, they took EVERYTHING out, seemingly also the old ride system; honetly, going up a hill, then backwards down it, that does not really sit right for a Frozen themed ride, I'm thinknig something more akin to Small World style ride system or even Pirates ride system but without any drops

Just my two cents as the pictures were taken this past November; I've no idea if any more were taken

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think the only way to know how long they are out from the opening date; a friend had pictures of Maelstrom gutted, they took EVERYTHING out, seemingly also the old ride system; honetly, going up a hill, then backwards down it, that does not really sit right for a Frozen themed ride, I'm thinknig something more akin to Small World style ride system or even Pirates ride system but without any drops

Just my two cents as the pictures were taken this past November; I've no idea if any more were taken

Other have reported there has only been minor changes to the ride system.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Ummmm...
Do you have the photos?

This is supposed to be a straight-up re-theme with minimal changes in spur, load and unload.....

*1023*

Pirouline

Well can we see the pictures?

FigmentsFangirl

Other have reported there has only been minor changes to the ride system.

Ummmm...
Do you have the photos?

This is supposed to be a straight-up re-theme with minimal changes in spur, load and unload.....

*1023*

Well can we see the pictures?

Sadly the pictures were posted on twitter, it will take me some time to find them; from what I could see ,they gutted everything.; even the old track. So if the minor changes means removal of the hill and turn around bit of the track that Maelstrom once had, then I'm all for it

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Are these the pictures?

Attachments

• B48DziaCcAEXge9.jpg
    B48DziaCcAEXge9.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 182
  • B48DzibCMAI8a8r.jpg
    B48DzibCMAI8a8r.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 177

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom