Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Next Big Thing

I hope you guys don't get your hopes too high for this ride. I hope you all also enjoy watching screens.
Oh I have my hopes properly set. I'm just hoping Disney can exceed my already very low expectations. I really don't think that's too much to ask. I mean, the movie made $1.2 BILLION DOLLARS. This movie deserves a much better ride and it's fans deserve better as well.

Mike S

Oh I have my hopes properly set. I'm just hoping Disney can exceed my already very low expectations. I really don't think that's too much to ask. I mean, the movie made $1.2 BILLION DOLLARS. This movie deserves a much better ride and it's fans deserve better as well.
I hope it's so cheap looking that it generates backlash from every day guests as well as the fans. It would definitely teach Disney a lesson about going too cheap on their attractions, but that's not very realistic. The masses are most likely easy to please and would love any Frozen ride. I can always dream though.

lazyboy97o

Do the fans deserve better? They went nuts for an event put together in two weeks. Why not a ride in six months?

DisDan

I hope it's so cheap looking that it generates backlash from every day guests as well as the fans. It would definitely teach Disney a lesson about going too cheap on their attractions, but that's not very realistic. The masses are most likely easy to please and would love any Frozen ride. I can always dream though.

You guys have some serious issues if your HOPING this ride is terrible JUST so you can say "I told you so.".

I mean I know most of you are fans first and while you may dislike what they are doing to the pavilion I would think you still want whatever is there in its place to be fun and entertaining and successful. No? Guess I am the crazy one.

Mike S

Do the fans deserve better? They went nuts for an event put together in two weeks. Why not a ride in six months?
Definitely got a point there lol, though I did enjoy the fireworks the one time I saw them and also the band. Can't go wrong walking into the park and hearing The Beatles being covered or exiting with Pink Floyd :happy: I guess it would be best to say Frozen itself deserves better.

Last edited:

ArtificialArtist

You guys have some serious issues if your HOPING this ride is terrible JUST so you can say "I told you so.".

I mean I know most of you are fans first and while you may dislike what they are doing to the pavilion I would think you still want whatever is there in its place to be fun and entertaining and successful. No? Guess I am the crazy one.

Well, because it would only lead the executives to the conclusion they've done the right thing.
And however bad a ride Frozen will be, all they're gonna see is the long lines and merchandise profit,
which in turn will lead them to think dumbing down a pavilion towards a Fantasyland attraction is a cool idea anyways....

Well, they did mention "Fantasyland Expansion" once, didn't they.... :cautious:

EDIT:
It's, by any standard, idiotic to "merge" the Epcot concept further towards a Magic Kingdom atmosphere, AS it would eliminate any need for Epcot as a theme park. There are 4 parks, no point in trying to force Epcot to be something it isn't.

Last edited:

Timekeeper

There were always red flags as to the direction Epcot was headed...

IceStationFacade.jpg

Bairstow

How about this: I hope that IF the ride is crummy that it will offend the average guest enough to harm merch sales and complain.

Gomer

I don't know. Its sort of like hoping your sports team loses so they can get the first pick in the draft. Sometimes a short term loss is in the best interest of a long term win.

Next Big Thing

Fans are fans for a reason... they love (insert product).

I'm sure most fans will be perfectly satisfied with the ride, but that's because they don't know what they COULD have. They don't know that Disney cheaped out (well, it may end up being apparent...). Most Frozen fans will just be happy to have a Frozen ride because the fandom is driven by 6 year olds.

You could make the case that the fans should start judging quality better, bet never that they don't DESERVE the best quality. Disney is the leader in themed entertainment and when you have a film as big as Frozen, you should be building a state of the art ride based off of it, end of story.

orlando678-

I'm very happy with a new ride but I'm gonna miss maelstrom. I love disney and I hope they take a smart turn round this ride. I don't think Disney is cheap at all. i'm sure they're going to do something special.

PhotoDave219

"Yeah.. Rob from TPR was there and made some rude comments about my party and about "Epcot fans brainwashing their kids.." he also was making a big stink about how he was the last rider of the night.. But he hates the ride."

Are you sure that was him? On his site not only does he say that his last ride was around five with a fastpass, but he had pics of the last few going in and the doors closing.

Well he can think he was all he wants… But he wasn't.

A group of Norwegian Cast was

Nick Wilde

I'm very happy with a new ride but I'm gonna miss maelstrom. I love disney and I hope they take a smart turn round this ride. I don't think Disney is cheap at all. i'm sure they're going to do something special.
Have you heard the budget? It's 75 mil, but that'll go fast. Remember, they are remodeling almost the whole pavilion, and a M&G is coming too, as I've heard on here. The ride will most likely be just a cheap overlay. I personally don't have high hopes.

AEfx

I'm sure most fans will be perfectly satisfied with the ride, but that's because they don't know what they COULD have.

To be honest, some days - I think I'd rather be them. I'm not usually a proponent of "Ignorance is Bliss" but in this case...

Most of the time I don't mind, it's the deal with the devil you sign when you participate in a site like this. But that's what I think the FP+ fiasco is going to force - folks are going to see exactly what they are missing, as Disney denies them entry to locations simply because they didn't book it months out like a crazy person or didn't run to it first thing in the morning to get one of the limited tickets reserved for the Steerage Class Guest.

You could make the case that the fans should start judging quality better, bet never that they don't DESERVE the best quality. Disney is the leader in themed entertainment and when you have a film as big as Frozen, you should be building a state of the art ride based off of it, end of story.

I agree to the first part, but I am very wary that if WDW had announced some huge, 250M Frozen project that a good portion of folks wouldn't still be complaining. "Why do they always have to spend money on the newest animated feature...there are so many classic themes for rides they have never made" etc. If you read through the comments, there are several factions of fandom which are opposed to this and have a mutual interest right now because of the specific circumstances here, but if the situation had played out differently they would have been on alternate sides.

Next Big Thing

To be honest, some days - I think I'd rather be them. I'm not usually a proponent of "Ignorance is Bliss" but in this case...

Most of the time I don't mind, it's the deal with the devil you sign when you participate in a site like this. But that's what I think the FP+ fiasco is going to force - folks are going to see exactly what they are missing, as Disney denies them entry to locations simply because they didn't book it months out like a crazy person or didn't run to it first thing in the morning to get one of the limited tickets reserved for the Steerage Class Guest.
Let's calm down on that for just a minute. It's a test, not a fiasco. And it's a test not even to make TSMM full FP+, it's a test to make it partial FP+ and partial Stand-by on separate tracks.

Mr Anderson

I agree to the first part, but I am very wary that if WDW had announced some huge, 250M Frozen project that a good portion of folks wouldn't still be complaining. "Why do they always have to spend money on the newest animated feature...there are so many classic themes for rides they have never made" etc. If you read through the comments, there are several factions of fandom which are opposed to this and have a mutual interest right now because of the specific circumstances here, but if the situation had played out differently they would have been on alternate sides.
Can you elaborate further here? I feel this would be a nice new direction of discussion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom