Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Timekeeper

That last picture, of the construction of the ride building, is incredible!

image.jpg

Just think of the countless other images like this that will never be published. :(

This looks like the unload area, with the maintenance bay door opening on the back wall that faces the backstage area. Is that accurate?

sedati

"Yeah.. Rob from TPR was there and made some rude comments about my party and about "Epcot fans brainwashing their kids.." he also was making a big stink about how he was the last rider of the night.. But he hates the ride."

Are you sure that was him? On his site not only does he say that his last ride was around five with a fastpass, but he had pics of the last few going in and the doors closing.

minsmk

"Yeah.. Rob from TPR was there and made some rude comments about my party and about "Epcot fans brainwashing their kids.." he also was making a big stink about how he was the last rider of the night.. But he hates the ride."

Are you sure that was him? On his site not only does he say that his last ride was around five with a fastpass, but he had pics of the last few going in and the doors closing.

He wrote that on the TPR tumblr and instagram.. Unless he changed it idk. I remember seeing him around 5 when he made that comment so maybe he was lying idk.

Next Big Thing

Think I might have to take down the site soon... According to some of my sources, Disney is very upset about this stuff and there have been meetings and investigation.

I dont know what to say... Well, good thing I dont want to go back.
As much as I love everything you've got on that site, i'd say it might be for the best. There's a lot of stuff on there to which i'd say it's probably putting it lightly to say Disney isn't fond of it and even some things may be personally incriminating (sitting on the Polar Bear pic for example).

spiritofNorway

Think I might have to take down the site soon... According to some of my sources, Disney is very upset about this stuff and there have been meetings and investigation.

Well, atleast now we KNOW that Disney is watching all these postings, and that they know that people are upset Norway´s being gut out for a fictional movie. Maybe they will do this ride right...? I will take it down if they ask me to, of course. I mean I dont have a need to have it up, the site is just a site about the pavilion history, and since Maelstrom is gone now its a part of history that should be viewed. I have tons of photos from backstage areas, but I never publish them, cause I know that would destroy the "show". Now that Maelstrom is completly gone, its not an active show element anymore. If Disney has an issue with things, they are free to contact me and I will do whatever they ask me to.

Captain Neo

Well, atleast now we KNOW that Disney is watching all these postings, and that they know that people are upset Norway´s being gut out for a fictional movie. Maybe they will do this ride right...? I will take it down if they ask me to, of course. I mean I dont have a need to have it up, the site is just a site about the pavilion history, and since Maelstrom is gone now its a part of history that should be viewed. I have tons of photos from backstage areas, but I never publish them, cause I know that would destroy the "show". Now that Maelstrom is completly gone, its not an active show element anymore. If Disney has an issue with things, they are free to contact me and I will do whatever they ask me to.

Its going to be the same ride when it opens (in terms of layout, effects, facilities) because disney is too cheap to do anything extravagant. They are literally just going to remove the Norway scenes and replace them with scenes straight from the movie.

Mike S

Thankfully I saved all the good pictures so I can always view them :happy:
Its going to be the same ride when it opens (in terms of layout, effects, facilities) because disney is too cheap to do anything extravagant. They are literally just going to remove the Norway scenes and replace them with scenes straight from the movie.
I wonder if any of the Viking animatronics will be re-skinned as Frozen characters. All they would have to do is a new face and this guy could be Kristoff.
image.jpg

Thanks for the pic @spiritofNorway

Next Big Thing

Thankfully I saved all the good pictures so I can always view them :happy:

I wonder if any of the Viking animatronics will be re-skinned as Frozen characters. All they would have to do is a new face and this guy could be Kristoff.
View attachment 69179
Thanks for the pic @spiritofNorway
That guy could very easily be Kristoff... of course it's a 26 year old ride, so the range of motion is probably terrible and it would be a very disappointing portrayal of a main character.

Mike S

That guy could very easily be Kristoff... of course it's a 26 year old ride, so the range of motion is probably terrible and it would be a very disappointing portrayal of a main character.
It's not like they didn't do it before with Superstar Limo/Monsters Inc. in DCA. Of course that ride wasn't 26 years old but the animatronics still weren't that great. On the bolded, I'm expecting the whole thing to be disappointing. Any Frozen fan should demand better than just a refurd of a 26 year old ride. You would think a movie that grossed over $1 billion would deserve to have more than just that, but you know Disney. Gotta do it as cheap as possible. Thankfully we have the OLC who understands this.

ArtificialArtist

Disney upset?? It's only fair, though. since we are ALL VERY upset about them replacing it with Frozen, too. :D
Win - win..

Timekeeper

We will all respect whatever decision you decide to make, but I might make one alternative suggestion if you decide to share any additional materials with fans in the future (which I selfishly hope that you do), you can easily create a folder in something like Google Drive and distribute the access information to people on an individual basis. There are plenty of people here that would have zero interest in re-posting your images anywhere, and would be happy to appreciate them in the privacy of their own computers.

Other than the photos that you personally appear in or backstage areas, many of the photos on your site are not much different from photos that any tourist might have taken with a flash on the ride.

At the end of the day, your decision is your decision. Many of us love your "tribute," though, and there are plenty of similar tributes floating around the web. I often watch the youtube videos of the knuckleheads that got off the Horizons ride vehicles and ran around the sets and backstage areas with a video camera whenever I need a good laugh. I'm sure everyone in this forum is familiar with those videos, and I'm sure Disney isn't "happy" about those either. Disney has done plenty of their own "backstage/behind-the-scenes" videos for various television programs. My guess is that the don't like yours because it wasn't done on 'their' terms.

Next Big Thing

It's not like they didn't do it before with Superstar Limo/Monsters Inc. in DCA. Of course that ride wasn't 26 years old but the animatronics still weren't that great. On the bolded, I'm expecting the whole thing to be disappointing. Any Frozen fan should demand better than just a refurd of a 26 year old ride. You would think a movie that grossed over $1 billion would deserve to have more than just that, but you know Disney. Gotta do it as cheap as possible. Thankfully we have the OLC who understands this.
Yeah, well, i'm hoping it'll at least be decent since it's happening. I know it's happening on the cheap, but hopefully it won't be a total bust.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom