Disney College Program

SpaceAce

Original Poster
I'am going to a presentation at my school on Wed 9-21-05

What do I have to bring to it. What will I be doing there. How long do they last usually.

Would I be able to be a cook or work at the Haunted Mansion

Thanks and hope to be with you all soon:sohappy:

Wilt Dasney

SpaceAce said:

What do I have to bring to it. What will I be doing there. How long do they last usually.

Yourself and any questions you have.

Listening to a Disney recruiter tell you why you should consider the CP.

An hour, maybe a little longer

Yes to HM. I believe that Culinary internships are open to college students, but don't quote me. My roomie went to a culinary college and got a job as a seater at Chef Mickey's, but I seem to remember there being some cooking spots available.

Good luck. :wave:

lilpatty19

SpaceAce said:

well I had my presentation last week and what we did is just saw a presentation on the program, living earning learning etc..it was about an hour long and then once the presentation was over we signed up for a phone interview..I suggest you do the on-line application and print it out so thaht you can take it to your interview...no one had their application in my interview and they all had to go on line do the application and go back to sign up for the interview...

good luck...I'm going crazy waiting to see if I got in the program..you may be able to work at the HM tell them you want operations and that the hm its your fav ride...they asked me what mine was maybe thats were they'll put you to work if you get it?

schroder6452

Yes, bring a print out of your online app.
I believe you have to be a culinary student to be a cook.
If you'd like a certian area or attraction, you can mention it during your interview. There is no guarantee of getting it, but mentioning it doesn't hurt. When I applied for Spring 05, I only marked down Operations and mentioned that I'd like tomorrowland (except speedway). I got in, but turned it down and applied for the Summer Alumni instead and asked for the same thing. When I got to T-land, and met one of the managers they said "oh, you are the one who was supposed to be here in January." So yeah, may as well say something.

MagliteL13

schroder6452 said:
Yes, bring a print out of your online app.
I believe you have to be a culinary student to be a cook.
If you'd like a certian area or attraction, you can mention it during your interview. There is no guarantee of getting it, but mentioning it doesn't hurt. When I applied for Spring 05, I only marked down Operations and mentioned that I'd like tomorrowland (except speedway). I got in, but turned it down and applied for the Summer Alumni instead and asked for the same thing. When I got to T-land, and met one of the managers they said "oh, you are the one who was supposed to be here in January." So yeah, may as well say something.

One thing I'd recommend is dressing up. Almost no one will do it, but you'll instantly get on the good side of the recruiter. Also, as schroder said, you can request something but you'll not always get it (i.e. I requested Main Street Ops but am a Jungle Cruise Skipper). Be sure to bring a print out of your online app. too. I don't think it matters as much anymore because I belive they've started to do telephone interviews, but still...

SpaceAce

Original Poster
Thankyou all the presentation was cancelled because of Hurricane Rita it is being rescheduled for Nov something

Tron 2.0

You certainly may end up working at VMK in the Main Street Cinema, but it would all be by coincidence. You'll have to be assigned to Merchandise and then end up working Main Street East.

And no. You have absolutely no choice when it comes to where you work. You may not work at a Park at all. You may be at a Resort, Wide World of Sports, etc.

--Mark

Kontra

lilpatty19 said:
well I had my presentation last week and what we did is just saw a presentation on the program, living earning learning etc..it was about an hour long and then once the presentation was over we signed up for a phone interview..I suggest you do the on-line application and print it out so thaht you can take it to your interview...no one had their application in my interview and they all had to go on line do the application and go back to sign up for the interview...

good luck...I'm going crazy waiting to see if I got in the program..you may be able to work at the HM tell them you want operations and that the hm its your fav ride...they asked me what mine was maybe thats were they'll put you to work if you get it?

I too just did the interview and am awaiting a response. I'll hopfully get operations, but we'll see! I wish the inerviews were in person like the following years rather than over the phone. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom