Disney College Program

Ashley Michelle

Original Poster
I have one more year left of high school, and I have forever wanted to do the college program. I know you need to be in college but I'm just curious...

I will be majoring in radiology, and doing a 2-year program. It is a major that goes through the summer.

It's still possible to be able to do the program, right?! :veryconfu

patsfan24

I was just thinking of starting a similar thread. I have just finished my first year of college and would have to do a summer program next summer as any summer after that would be impossible. Reason being, I will (hopefully) be in a pharmacy program the following fall which would require my attention year round

Rinx

I was just thinking of starting a similar thread. I have just finished my first year of college and would have to do a summer program next summer as any summer after that would be impossible.

I have one more year left of high school, and I have forever wanted to do the college program. I know you need to be in college but I'm just curious...

I will be majoring in radiology, and doing a 2-year program. It is a major that goes through the summer.

It's still possible to be able to do the program, right?! :veryconfu

I just returned home from doing the college program 3 weeks ago. Check out disneycollegeprogram.com. Feel free to contact them with any questions they are pretty helpful. If youd like to talk about the program
in general or about the experience or just any questions about it don't hesitate to PM me. :wave:

Ashley Michelle

Original Poster
I talked to an admissions director and he said he wasn't sure if they even did the program for associate degrees.

I noticed your a Boston sports fan... I'm from Boston lol

DisneyChik17

You can do the CP at ANY point in your college career, at any age. The basic thing is that you MUST be enrolled in college when you apply. There are no summer programs, they all take an entire semester. Definitely check out the CP website and Google for some other sites that are independently run. They will all be very helpful to you. :)

I am leaving in a week and would love to talk to you if you have any more questions, just PM me. :wave:

nemofinder22

Theres also a Career Start program pretty much the same thing as the College Program but you can get into it right out of high school these are the requirements-
What are the application requirements?
To apply, students must have graduated high school or received a GED in the past 48 months. Students who are currently high school seniors with an expected graduation date by the time of program start may also apply. A letter of recommendation is also required to become a candidate.
http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/careerstart/wdw/students/index.html

Also check out the section here on WDWMagic with a bunch of threads-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

I just got done with 2 College Programs Aug08-Jan09 then Jan09-May09.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
WDWCP FTW :sohappy::sohappy:

I did my CP back in 2003-2004 and ended up extending for the whole year. I didn't get college credit, and my 'role' didn't have anything to do with my major. But it was the BEST 12 months of my life.

patsfan24

I noticed your a Boston sports fan... I'm from Boston lol

Not gonna lie......that makes me pretty jealous. Once I graduate, I either want to move to Orlando (for obvious reasons) or Boston.

I would love to wind up working for Disney. I wonder what, if any, they have available for pharmacy positions. Would anyone have this information?

joanna71985

I would love to wind up working for Disney. I wonder what, if any, they have available for pharmacy positions. Would anyone have this information?

The CP is for all majors. However, the roles available are pretty basic (not meant for a specific major).

Rinx

I should have been more specific. I was referring to actual full time employment, not the CP....... my bad:brick:

They have an on-site cast services center behind epcot but that's for on the job injuries and the only thing I can think of as far as something remotely related to pharmacy because as far as I know Disney doesn't dispense drugs I don't think.

krueg66

They have an on-site cast services center behind epcot but that's for on the job injuries and the only thing I can think of as far as something remotely related to pharmacy because as far as I know Disney doesn't dispense drugs I don't think.

um...plenty of drugs were dispensed at Vista Way on my CP???

gpfarley

I agree - if you are thinking about doing the CP.. DO IT! Just know that you will be behind in school. I should have graduated spring of 2008 and I ended up graduating this spring.

You make amazing memories and make friends that will be in your life forever. Take the program seriously though. I lived in Chatham and when we started (Fall Advantage) the complex was pretty much full but by the end - it was half empty because people didn't take it as a job and got fired. You will work long hours and won't get paid much - but it's worth it.

My CP lead me to really falling in love with the company. I was fortunate enough to audition for Tokyo Disneyland while down there and got a summer contract to perform with TDR and now that I'm done with school I'm going back to Orlando to work in entertainment yet again. Disney can open many doors within the company.

Do it and have fun!

skycraft

If you find out that you wont be able to enroll in the CP because of this, simply apply for the CareerStart Program, it's basically the same exact thing as the CP...only you don't have to be enrolled in college. This program was specifically made for the fresh out of high school students.

SinginSarah

I'm CareerStart actually. It's the exact same thing as CP. I'm the only person I've met who's in CareerStart, so I don't think there are many of us out there. That's probably due to the fact that the college program is more promoted in various colleges, where as with CareerStart I just happened to stumble upon the website while looking for a job on Monster.com!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom