disney college program questions

rccola18

Original Poster
hello i scheduled an interview this thursday and I have a few questions regarding the interview and the actual college program.

Is there a dining hall or cafeteria on the campus?
What type of questions will they ask during the interview and how long is a typical interview?
How long after the interview will they let me know their decision and will there be a rejection letter if I am denied?

Thanks alot.

Halfling418

I'm down here now!

There is no dining hall or anything of the sort...since it's not an actual campus. You get an apartment--rent is taken out of your paycheck...and you go grocery shopping (if you have no car...there are busses that go to Publix and Wal-Mart). You also get discounts at sit down restaurants--and quick-food discounts at Animal Kingdom only.

The interview questions are simple and easy...what kind of customer service do you expect when you go out? What were your past jobs? Why do you want to work for Disney? Does your family support you? The questions vary though. The interview is not very long at all.

I found out a week or two after, and yes, they do send a rejection letter if you didn't make it. It's not terribly difficult to get in, though. :)

rccola18

Original Poster
Halfling418 said:
I'm down here now!

There is no dining hall or anything of the sort...since it's not an actual campus. You get an apartment--rent is taken out of your paycheck...and you go grocery shopping (if you have no car...there are busses that go to Publix and Wal-Mart). You also get discounts at sit down restaurants--and quick-food discounts at Animal Kingdom only.

The interview questions are simple and easy...what kind of customer service do you expect when you go out? What were your past jobs? Why do you want to work for Disney? Does your family support you? The questions vary though. The interview is not very long at all.

I found out a week or two after, and yes, they do send a rejection letter if you didn't make it. It's not terribly difficult to get in, though. :)

i don't really cook :( i only know how to make grilled cheese :p do you mean what kind of customer service do i expect from Disney? Also when you say "Does your family support you?" does that mean financially or do you mean do they agree with me going to Disney?

also is it recommended that i send my resume and cover letter?

WDWCP

I was on the College Program for the Summer of 1997 and this is my advice for aceing the interview...

Keep this in mind, when you work at WDW, you interact with hundreds or thousands of people per day depending on what position you are in. Therefore, a first impression is all you ever get to make for each guest.

In the interview, you need to make a good first impression. It really isn't so much about what the content of your answers are, but more the way you handle yourself. You need coherent responses that show normal abilities to interact verbally with strangers, but you don't need any stellar answers that blow the interviewer's socks off.

Here are the keys: Dress appropriately (no visible tatoos, remove excess piercings, etc... as you would for any respectable job interview) Be nice, make and maintain eye contact, have good positive posture as you sit, listen attentivily and show enthusium in whatever your answers are to the different questions.

My interview lasted a whopping 15 minutes and there were two of us being interviewed at the same time. The first 5 mintues or so was the interviewer talking a little bit about things, and asking both of us if there were any specific areas that we weren't willing to do such as custodial, or quick service since not everyone can work an attraction. Then I was asked "Who is my favorite character and why?". I gave my response for a few 3 minutes or so. The person next to me was asked "What is the most important aspect of customer service?". His response was 3 minutes or so then the interviewer talked a little longer to finish out the 15 minutes.

They really aren't interested if you are a good smart person if someone just gets to know you. They go off their first reaction of you only because that's all that guests see.

When it comes down to choosing between you (who gives a good first impression) and the next person (who also gives a good impression), then they choose based on things that may be on a resume, which you can't do anything about in the interview anyway, so why stress on it?

Hope that helps!!

disneyash

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site but i've been posting on micechat for a little while now. Anyway, I'm in the period of waiting to here if i've been accepted to the college program... this friday marks the 2-week point. I am beyond excited/nervous/scared. I'm just ready to talk to anyone and everyone who's ever been involved or is waiting like me. So once again, hello wdwmagic people! :wave:

Ashley

rccola18

Original Poster
disneyash said:
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site but i've been posting on micechat for a little while now. Anyway, I'm in the period of waiting to here if i've been accepted to the college program... this friday marks the 2-week point. I am beyond excited/nervous/scared. I'm just ready to talk to anyone and everyone who's ever been involved or is waiting like me. So once again, hello wdwmagic people! :wave:

Ashley
hehe good luck to you. i have got a ways to go. didn't even have the interview yet. if u have AIM u can IM me at Rcola182

rccola18

Original Poster
WDWCP said:
I was on the College Program for the Summer of 1997 and this is my advice for aceing the interview...

Keep this in mind, when you work at WDW, you interact with hundreds or thousands of people per day depending on what position you are in. Therefore, a first impression is all you ever get to make for each guest.

In the interview, you need to make a good first impression. It really isn't so much about what the content of your answers are, but more the way you handle yourself. You need coherent responses that show normal abilities to interact verbally with strangers, but you don't need any stellar answers that blow the interviewer's socks off.

Here are the keys: Dress appropriately (no visible tatoos, remove excess piercings, etc... as you would for any respectable job interview) Be nice, make and maintain eye contact, have good positive posture as you sit, listen attentivily and show enthusium in whatever your answers are to the different questions.

My interview lasted a whopping 15 minutes and there were two of us being interviewed at the same time. The first 5 mintues or so was the interviewer talking a little bit about things, and asking both of us if there were any specific areas that we weren't willing to do such as custodial, or quick service since not everyone can work an attraction. Then I was asked "Who is my favorite character and why?". I gave my response for a few 3 minutes or so. The person next to me was asked "What is the most important aspect of customer service?". His response was 3 minutes or so then the interviewer talked a little longer to finish out the 15 minutes.

They really aren't interested if you are a good smart person if someone just gets to know you. They go off their first reaction of you only because that's all that guests see.

When it comes down to choosing between you (who gives a good first impression) and the next person (who also gives a good impression), then they choose based on things that may be on a resume, which you can't do anything about in the interview anyway, so why stress on it?

Hope that helps!!

That really does help. did theymean "favorite disney cartoon character?"

cameraguy

Man am I glad I came across this forum, I'm planning on applying fro the college program this coming october for the Spring semester of my sophmore year.

b21nhl

Hey, I was on the program from jan 05 to aug 05. its alot of fun.
here is a site that will be a great help to you. they have a great forum of people who have or are on the program. feel free to ask them any questions.

www.disneyalumni.com

joanna71985

disneyash said:
Hi everyone,

Ashley

Hi there. If you have any questions about the CP, feel free to ask me. I did the CP Spring 2005 and applied for Fall 2006. My aim is joanna71985.:wave:

jiminy.cricket

Me too. I'm getting nervous, and it's only been a week; it feels like a month! My phone interview was around 20 minutes; I feel like I should have tried to have sounded friendlier. I hope I didn't sound too nervous. Anyway, the questions I was asked were about why I wanted to do the program, what activities I was involved in, qualities that would help me during the program, and what I would do if I worked in a restaurant and we were out of something. Hope that helps. Good luck!

rccola18

Original Poster
azndisneyfan said:
Me too. I'm getting nervous, and it's only been a week; it feels like a month! My phone interview was around 20 minutes; I feel like I should have tried to have sounded friendlier. I hope I didn't sound too nervous. Anyway, the questions I was asked were about why I wanted to do the program, what activities I was involved in, qualities that would help me during the program, and what I would do if I worked in a restaurant and we were out of something. Hope that helps. Good luck!
i probably will wait impatiently too. aww i'm sure you'll do fine. thanks for the info. interview in 1 hour!

joanna71985

Today is day #21 since my audition. Never mind how long it's been since my interview! Let's just say it's been awhile. I really hope it comes today. My semester ends in 10 days and finals end in 19 days!

Halfling418

Sorry. Been away from the boards for a while....if anyone is coming for fall advantage, let me know! I'm here till August! I'm really sad right now cause a bunch of my friends are leaving in about 3 weeks--they're only in the Spring program and not Spring Advantage. :(

robynchic

Due to special circumstances, my letter had to be mailed again, in a different manner than usual. I actually got my letter 35 days after I mailed in my application and role checklist. Which was about 41 days after my interview.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom