News Disney College Program begins again

TrojanUSC

At least for May, the only dates/parks showing available is Epcot next Monday-Thursday. Aside from that, all main gates are completed blocked

It's crazy. For 35+ years, main gates were often blocked out but self admission for the CM was always allowed every day, except during hard ticket events and maybe July 4th/NYE. In fact, CMs didn't even need a special "self admission pass," they just needed their Company ID. With them now blocking CM access often as much as main gates, it was a huge reduction in soft benefits, especially for CPs.

Amidala

It's crazy. For 35+ years, main gates were often blocked out but self admission for the CM was always allowed every day, except during hard ticket events and maybe July 4th/NYE. In fact, CMs didn't even need a special "self admission pass," they just needed their Company ID. With them now blocking CM access often as much as main gates, it was a huge reduction in soft benefits, especially for CPs.

At this point I've bought the FL Resident 4-Day ticket three different times so I could make concrete plans to go to the parks w/ visiting family and friends. Even when we're not blocked out (which is rare lately), reservations don't open up for CMs as early as they do for guests, so it's pretty much impossible to plan anything in advance. I understand blockouts are sometimes necessary, but it's sad to have to drop hundreds of dollars monthly on something that's supposed to be a perk. And it's weird, because the blockouts prior to March were pretty reasonable IMO. We were blocked out for Christmas week at MK but that's about it.

A few days in May just opened up at Epcot and one of them falls on the day I'll be there with my mom, but I already paid for my ticket ): I'll be so happy when the reservation system finally gets discontinued, it's such a headache.

Jrb1979

At this point I've bought the FL Resident 4-Day ticket three different times so I could make concrete plans to go to the parks w/ visiting family and friends. Even when we're not blocked out (which is rare lately), reservations don't open up for CMs as early as they do for guests, so it's pretty much impossible to plan anything in advance. I understand blockouts are sometimes necessary, but it's sad to have to drop hundreds of dollars monthly on something that's supposed to be a perk. And it's weird, because the blockouts prior to March were pretty reasonable IMO. We were blocked out for Christmas week at MK but that's about it.

A few days in May just opened up at Epcot and one of them falls on the day I'll be there with my mom, but I already paid for my ticket ): I'll be so happy when the reservation system finally gets discontinued, it's such a headache.
From what has been said the reservation system isn't leaving and it's here it stay

corran horn

snazzy

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.40.16 AM.png

AEfx

From what I understand, they aren't telling the participants what their "role" is until a week before arrival. So you have to accept whatever position they throw at you seven days before you arrive.

danv3

From what I understand, they aren't telling the participants what their "role" is until a week before arrival. So you have to accept whatever position they throw at you seven days before you arrive.
Kind of unfair on Disney's part, but I suppose a prospective CP can always just decline the assignment and not show up if they really hate it.

AEfx

Kind of unfair on Disney's part, but I suppose a prospective CP can always just decline the assignment and not show up if they really hate it.

I think the folks that are accepting at this point are the die-hard, "I just want to work for the mouse!" lifestyler types, which is how they are getting away with it for now.

Zorkel567

While true, unless this has changed, the role reveal is after the CPs have paid their non-refundable program deposit.

I did two CPs, one of which was the Spring 2020 program, and we all had to pay a deposit within 7 days of being accepted to the program. It was meant to cover our first couple weeks of rent, until we started getting paid, along with program activities.

So while they can quit if they find out their role and don’t like it, Disney will have already collected money from them.

danv3

While true, unless this has changed, the role reveal is after the CPs have paid their non-refundable program deposit.

I did two CPs, one of which was the Spring 2020 program, and we all had to pay a deposit within 7 days of being accepted to the program. It was meant to cover our first couple weeks of rent, until we started getting paid, along with program activities.

So while they can quit if they find out their role and don’t like it, Disney will have already collected money from them.

Wait....wait...

People PAY MONEY TO DISNEY to participate in the CP? Like they pay for the privilege of getting a minimum wage, "you will almost certainly be treated like garbage" job?

Lilofan

Wait....wait...

People PAY MONEY TO DISNEY to participate in the CP? Like they pay for the privilege of getting a minimum wage, "you will almost certainly be treated like garbage" job?
On on their days off or before / after their shift, they spend their off time enjoying the parks....

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Disney needs to bring back the Seasonal Cast Members first. They have the experience to return and start. Also it's cheaper for Disney since they don't get overtime pay or holiday pay. Of course the union doesn't want seasonal.
at this point, I'd apply to work seasonally. I was CP in 2003 and work at home full time currently but for the "perks" of being a CM for only working a few hours/shifts a month...sign me up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom