Disney charging extra for over 2 people?

Hobnail Boot

Original Poster
Hey, y'all. So I've been booking Disney trips for my friends and I for about a decade. Today we booked our March trip with the AP discount and the numbers in the email weren't adding up. We booked for 4 people at Riverside for six nights and the nightly total wasn't equalling the before tax total. I called and was told that they charge $30 extra per night for rooms with over two people. I looked at confirmation emails from last years trips and those didn't have the $30 fee tacked on unless it was already included in the nightly rate. Is this a recent thing or have they always done it and I just never knew about it?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Hey, y'all. So I've been booking Disney trips for my friends and I for about a decade. Today we booked our March trip with the AP discount and the numbers in the email weren't adding up. We booked for 4 people at Riverside for six nights and the nightly total wasn't equalling the before tax total. I called and was told that they charge $30 extra per night for rooms with over two people. I looked at confirmation emails from last years trips and those didn't have the $30 fee tacked on unless it was already included in the nightly rate. Is this a recent thing or have they always done it and I just never knew about it?

For as long as I have been going they charge extra for more then 2 guests.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The extra person charge for values and moderates is $15 per night. Deluxe is $25 per person per night. Any more than 2 adults in the room incurs this extra fee. Since you have 2 extra adults that is the $30 per night charge.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If your extra adults were not listed on the reservation as staying in the room with you in the past you would not have incurred this charge. But the extra fee has been around forever.

luv

I can see charging extra when adults from different families go, but our daughter turns 18 in May ten days before our trip and lives at home. She still has her senior year to go too. Is she 17 for Disney? Yep! Sorry I just think its ridiculous in my situation to pay $15 extra a night.
If you've been giving Disney her age all along, they may fight you a little on it. They keep track.

However, if she weren't your daughter, but a whole new person, like an niece who came to live with you at age fifteen, they'd just add her.

Just saying. :)

StarWarsGirl

In the future, you might want to look at renting DVC points. A studio will have one queen sized bed and a sofa bed. And they don't put on the extra adult charge if you are using points. It might make sense if you can rent the points for a low rate and pending availability.

Hobnail Boot

Original Poster
In the future, you might want to look at renting DVC points. A studio will have one queen sized bed and a sofa bed. And they don't put on the extra adult charge if you are using points. It might make sense if you can rent the points for a low rate and pending availability.
We've thought about using points before but they are usually out because we wait too long to actually settle on dates and get them off from our jobs. It's no fun coordinating 4-5 adults vacation time.

The fees not a big deal to me. I just never knew about it so I thought it was weird. And we always have at least 4 of us on the reservation, all adults.

luv

We've thought about using points before but they are usually out because we wait too long to actually settle on dates and get them off from our jobs. It's no fun coordinating 4-5 adults vacation time.

The fees not a big deal to me. I just never knew about it so I thought it was weird. And we always have at least 4 of us on the reservation, all adults.
It isn't just Disney. Most, if not all, hotels do it.

minniemickeyfan

If you've been giving Disney her age all along, they may fight you a little on it. They keep track.

However, if she weren't your daughter, but a whole new person, like an niece who came to live with you at age fifteen, they'd just add her.

I've already made the reservation. Not trying to cheat Disney, I just don't see the difference right now with her status-nothing's changed, she still lives at home and in high school.

Dwarful

WDW must of had a major malfunction with our reservations...this year on our MYW reservation it listed my husband as 18. He loved that one. For some reason they also had the ages of our girls messed up. So it will be interesting to see if we have any problems when we arrive.

stevehousse

They don't track your age info. Let's just say that I know first hand......
If they don't then why do they ask for everyone's names and birthdays on My Disney Experience. I actually had to change our trip for May to the fall today and the lady informs me that I would have to add my 2 year old tickets and dining plan because he would now be 3 when we were going. I figured that would happen but i wasn't gonna say anything if she didn't say anything.

They charge extra for more than 2 adults in a room per night. Children under 17 do not apply to the added cost.

Polydweller

I've already made the reservation. Not trying to cheat Disney, I just don't see the difference right now with her status-nothing's changed, she still lives at home and in high school.
Hotelier hat on. Her status of living at home and in high school is completely irrelevant. The only reliable, objective measure for determining adult status is age. A person is either 18 or above or not. It's the one thing that can't be argued, you either have the age proof (like birth certificate) or you don't. That's why it's chosen, no arguments and very objective and very fair. There are no grey areas.

Since there has to be some cutoff set the hotel determines what age it sets the bar at. If you are over your are expected to pay the extra fault fee.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom