Disney CEO Bob Iger says there has never been a better time to be a Disney fan

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Anyone notice that there is a catastrophe like this every few months now, congress calls the airline CEO’s to Washington for a photo op and there’s NEVER any accountability from the airlines…doesn’t matter if it’s Spirit, Jet Blue, United or American…it’s not a budget airlines problem, it’s a airline problem…and on top of that, there’s a jet fuel shortage at MCO…
Pay more, get less

Airlines following the Disney model

Lilofan

but how’s the flying experience now adays?

Less room, security lines, more delays/cancellations, extra luggage and/or drink and snack cost, etc.

Has anyone’s flying experience gotten better since 92?
Wake up early fly on the first flight in the morning 6am , set your alarm clock. Drink or snack? Eat before you get to the airport. Security lines? TSA pre check $85 for 5 years. Can one survive without eating or drinking for a few hours? Last time I flew the non alcoholic drink and snack was free. You know that 9/11 changed airport security forever.

celluloid

but how’s the flying experience now adays?

Less room, security lines, more delays/cancellations, extra luggage and/or drink and snack cost, etc.

Has anyone’s flying experience gotten better since 92?

I can choose whatever entertaiment I want on most non budget airline seats with my own mini entertainment system, or I can bring my personal device.

So yeah, a lot better especially with kids. The Flight Attendant staff I get through most airlines are still very pleasant and well trained. There are more direct flights than ever.

zombiebbq

Wake up early fly on the first flight in the morning 6am , set your alarm clock. Drink or snack? Eat before you get to the airport. Security lines? TSA pre check $85 for 5 years. Can one survive without eating or drinking for a few hours? Last time I flew the non alcoholic drink and snack was free. You know that 9/11 changed airport security forever.
Why do you always kiss the ring of corporations? Everyone knows flying gets worse every year.

Lilofan

Why do you always kiss the ring of corporations? Everyone knows flying gets worse every year.
I don’t join the crowd of complainers. I fly at the right times , don’t buy the overpriced airport food and drink, tsa pre check etc. Don’t like it then don’t fly. And I avoid flying during peak season.

zombiebbq

I don’t join the crowd of complainers. I fly at the right times , don’t buy the overpriced airport food and drink, tsa pre check etc. Don’t like it then don’t fly.
A giant corporation could start punching it's customers in the face as a required part of doing business, and you'd come up with some nonsensical arguement why that's a good thing for everyone involved.

Lilofan

A giant corporation could start punching it's customers in the face as a required part of doing business, and you'd come up with some nonsensical arguement why that's a good thing for everyone involved.
And passengers continue to fly including you and me. If I were Iger I’d be doing what he is doing, flying in a personal jet.

_caleb

Despite all the doom and gloom around here, I think there really HASN'T been a better time to be a Disney fan than right now. Even looking through the rose-colored glasses of moustalgia (see what I did there?), we have so much to enjoy that previous generations of Disney fans could only dream of (and many who've been here a long time actually DID dream of)!

Disney+: On-demand HD streaming of (almost) every beloved Disney film and TV series anywhere you go. If you grew up renting these on worn-out VHS cassettes or clicking through "Disney DVD FastPlay," you know how amazing this is.

Animation: With not just one, but two world-class studios cranking out feature-length animated films, there's always something relatively new to watch. And despite the lackluster response of recent releases, the broad diversity of fans is more likely than ever to find something that appeals to them.

Series: Even if you're a purist who doesn't count Star Wars, Marvel, or Fox properties, Disney is cranking out new series to feed D+ demand. Most of these are of higher quality and broader appeal than the teen-focused scripted sitcoms many of us remember from The Disney Channel.

Merchandise: I mean, somebody is buying all the limited-edition popcorn buckets. While there's a TON of cheap Disney merchandise out there (I mean, seriously–who needs a Mickey toilet brush holder?), there's also some pretty cool stuff out there (this Mickey waffle iron is cheaper than Mickey waffles for three at Sleepy Hollow).

Parks: Of course, the most controversial here, and I understand why. Disrepair, skyrocketing prices, fewer amenities, and generic resort refurbs have all added up. But, with few exceptions, "stagnant" is not a word I would use to describe the parks today. They are experimenting (Genie, Interactive scavenger hunts, Starcruiser, Avengers Campus), updating (Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, GotG), and thinking about future expansions (blue sky stuff from D23). We could always focus on the Yeti, shuttered Stitch, or DL's abandoned PeopleMover tracks, but the Railroads and Monorails are open in every park, and a day at the parks (if you can afford it) is STILL one of the best places on the plant to be.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Despite all the doom and gloom around here, I think there really HASN'T been a better time to be a Disney fan than right now. Even looking through the rose-colored glasses of moustalgia (see what I did there?), we have so much to enjoy that previous generations of Disney fans could only dream of (and many who've been here a long time actually DID dream of)!

Disney+: On-demand HD streaming of (almost) every beloved Disney film and TV series anywhere you go. If you grew up renting these on worn-out VHS cassettes or clicking through "Disney DVD FastPlay," you know how amazing this is.

Animation: With not just one, but two world-class studios cranking out feature-length animated films, there's always something relatively new to watch. And despite the lackluster response of recent releases, the broad diversity of fans is more likely than ever to find something that appeals to them.

Series: Even if you're a purist who doesn't count Star Wars, Marvel, or Fox properties, Disney is cranking out new series to feed D+ demand. Most of these are of higher quality and broader appeal than the teen-focused scripted sitcoms many of us remember from The Disney Channel.

Merchandise: I mean, somebody is buying all the limited-edition popcorn buckets. While there's a TON of cheap Disney merchandise out there (I mean, seriously–who needs a Mickey toilet brush holder?), there's also some pretty cool stuff out there (this Mickey waffle iron is cheaper than Mickey waffles for three at Sleepy Hollow).

Parks: Of course, the most controversial here, and I understand why. Disrepair, skyrocketing prices, fewer amenities, and generic resort refurbs have all added up. But, with few exceptions, "stagnant" is not a word I would use to describe the parks today. They are experimenting (Genie, Interactive scavenger hunts, Starcruiser, Avengers Campus), updating (Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, GotG), and thinking about future expansions (blue sky stuff from D23). We could always focus on the Yeti, shuttered Stitch, or DL's abandoned PeopleMover tracks, but the Railroads and Monorails are open in every park, and a day at the parks (if you can afford it) is STILL one of the best places on the plant to be.
Bob is that you?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Thinking about future expansion too late. They are and have been too focused on saving money, cost cutting, and charging more than expanding and enhancing and improving the guest experience. In fact it has gotten worse. Way worse over the years.

Regardless of what Bob says, this is not the best time to be a Disney “parks” fan for those of us who have experienced it in the past before things became like this and continue to trend the wrong direction

_caleb

Thinking about future expansion too late.
Yes, but better late than never, right? Seriously, they've lost credibility, but people are still going to the parks.
They are and have been too focused on saving money, cost cutting, and charging more than expanding and enhancing and improving the guest experience. In fact it has gotten worse. Way worse over the years.
I'm not sure they've focused on cutting ALL costs (see construction budgets for TRON, GotG, etc.), but certainly on charging more (for everything) and NOT on service/experience.
Regardless of what Bob says, this is not the best time to be a Disney “parks” fan for those of us who have experienced it in the past before things became like this and continue to trend the wrong direction
If you're mainly a "parks fan," I can see this. While service/experience at the parks and resorts has been better and certainly prices have been lower, I don't think the past was truly better overall for the Disney fan.

When I was a kid, my dad took us to Disneyland a few times a year. He ALWAYS complained about it being expensive, crowded, and complicated (he never got the hang of FastPass). But we loved it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Yes, but better late than never, right? Seriously, they've lost credibility, but people are still going to the parks.

I'm not sure they've focused on cutting ALL costs (see construction budgets for TRON, GotG, etc.), but certainly on charging more (for everything) and NOT on service/experience.

If you're mainly a "parks fan," I can see this. While service/experience at the parks and resorts has been better and certainly prices have been lower, I don't think the past was truly better overall for the Disney fan.

When I was a kid, my dad took us to Disneyland a few times a year. He ALWAYS complained about it being expensive, crowded, and complicated (he never got the hang of FastPass). But we loved it.
GotG and Tron costs were spread out over 3 and 5 years to control annual spend. They could have built those in 1 year if they wanted.

Things need to be under construction right now, in every park, and I’m not talking about replacing existing attractions or a water area. They need attractions and shows to handle capacity yesterday but they sit on their hands way too much to just sucker pixie dusters into paying extra for the same things, experiences, and hours they used to experience at no additional cost than before and that along with crowds they can’t control (because of lack of things and ways to spread them out), genie+, park reservations frustrations, ride maintenance, etc etc is why things are trending the wrong way for the guest experience

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom