Disney CEO Bob Iger says there has never been a better time to be a Disney fan

SteveAZee

AP’ers aren’t as big of a crowd as you think unless you include DVC’ers which stay on property for a vacation anyways. Epcot may be the only park that might get bigger crowds from locals at times on the weekends during food and wine etc
It's true that I don't know the numbers. I suppose Disney's the only one that actually knows and they're probably not talking. :)

CAV

When I'm paying the price of a Disney trip, especially from the UK, I want to fit in as much as possible, regardless of whether I have done it a million times before. Whilst some people like to take it slow, which is fine, that's not for me. I like the go go go of a Disney trip, which is why I find beach vacations and other 'relaxing' types of trips boring. I like to be doing something at all times. That's how I like it, it's my vacation, I can do it how I see fit and is no one else's business.
So, YOU can do as YOU see fit, but no one else can?

AndyS2992

So, YOU can do as YOU see fit, but no one else can?
lmao :hilarious: at what point did I say anything of the sort. The hostility around here lately is ridiculous, I'm welcome to my opinion as is everyone else. Are you a vlogger? Did I touch a nerve or something? Vloggers are fine when done professionally discreetly and respectfully. Unfortunately many can't keep their mouths shut during rides and shows whilst talking obnoxiously loudly down a camera and bothering everyone around them. Annual passes encourage such behaviour so the less of it the better. I didn't say people can't do it, but they need to do it right. It's unfortunate the side effect of no APs is ordinary people also get locked out but it is what it is. Whether I take things fast or slow in the parks has no affect on anyone else :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cheezbat

Uh….no.

Far from it actually. Star Wars and Marvel have been ruined, Pixar just pops out mediocre stuff, the theme parks are dirtier than they’ve been in years, being a passholder is a joke, prices are through the roof, rides are in serious need of refurbs, the merchandise is all cheap garbage, lightning lane and genie plus are a disaster, and it takes 6 years from announcement to opening for an E-ticket at Disney World…with nothing new in the near future in the pipeline.

I’d say it’s far far from the best. Very far.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Uh….no.

Far from it actually. Star Wars and Marvel have been ruined, Pixar just pops out mediocre stuff, the theme parks are dirtier than they’ve been in years, being a passholder is a joke, prices are through the roof, rides are in serious need of refurbs, the merchandise is all cheap garbage, lightning lane and genie plus are a disaster, and it takes 6 years from announcement to opening for an E-ticket at Disney World…with nothing new in the near future in the pipeline.

I’d say it’s far far from the best. Very far.
Unfortunate…but well put

Vegas Disney Fan

AP’ers aren’t as big of a crowd as you think unless you include DVC’ers which stay on property for a vacation anyways. Epcot may be the only park that might get bigger crowds from locals at times on the weekends during food and wine etc

Fresh baked just did a show from DL with 100% of APs blocked and it was absolutely packed, his conclusion was the number of suspected APs at DL has been vastly exaggerated over the years and most guests are likely day guests even when all APs are able to go.

I’ve heard crazy numbers like a million APs for DL but judging by how packed it was without APs I’m now thinking it’s probably a fraction of that. And that’s at AP centric DL, FL is likely a fraction of that DL fraction.

I don’t think APs are the source of the overcrowding they’ve been made out to be all these years.

cheezbat

Fresh baked just did a show from DL with 100% of APs blocked and it was absolutely packed, his conclusion was the number of suspected APs at DL has been vastly exaggerated over the years and most guests are likely day guests even when all APs are able to go.

I’ve heard crazy numbers like a million APs for DL but judging by how packed it was without APs I’m now thinking it’s probably a fraction of that. And that’s at AP centric DL, FL is likely a fraction of that DL fraction.

I don’t think APs are the source of the overcrowding they’ve been made out to be all these years.
They aren’t. Do they contribute to it? Yes…but In reality, so many people feel the need to get out and go to Disney…after the pandemic hit, millions upon millions of cooped up people needing a trip.

Lilofan

There was no better time for me to learn to be conversational in Japanese, get my passport and finally visit Tokyo Disney.for what is left.
Get used to what the Japanese locals do. Since there are not many public trash cans in the street carry your garbage back home to dispose of since litter in Japan is near non existent.

celluloid

Get used to what the Japanese locals do. Since there are not many public trash cans in the street carry your garbage back home to dispose of since litter in Japan is near non existent.
I have been studying those kinds of things for years now to keep culturally at my best. That one is easy for me as I end up doing that with my pockets to home trash often.

Tha Realest

I'd venture a guess that the 36k hotel rooms on property plus who knows how many outside the gates may have a larger part to do with crowding than the AP population.
Hmm. I know that failing to increase park and ride capacity over time has been discussed. I wonder if someone like @lentesta has looked at the crowd / attendance levels relative to available park resort hotel room occupancy.

DonniePeverley

Funniest thing I've read in a week. Utter twaddle, but funny.

I get it - if you live local, there can be no better perk than having a cheap ticket that means you can visit the park all year. But it causes misery for those paying massive amounts who visit as tourists (spending on tickets, hotels, food, etc) - AS YOU CONTRIBUTE TO HUGE CROWDS. The blackouts don't work, as there is simply no quiet time anymore.

Goofyernmost

I would agree that AP's are not that much of an influence at WDW, but are indeed at DLR. DLR has been primarily thought of as a "locals" park. With California's massive population nothing more is needed to get to be a profitable entity. WDW is thought of as the vacation spot for the world and because of its expanse is not influence much when it comes to crowding from the Florida AP population. All the serious Vloggers in the world wouldn't fill up a park. If they stopped AP's it is because they have figured out how much money they are losing when the admission fee's end up around $10.00 a day or less. And those probably do not eat in the overpriced dining locations or buy Disney Merch everytime they visit. It is simply an accounting department win and had nothing at all to do with crowding, however, that does make for a good excuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom