News Disney CEO Bob Iger says raising park prices and increasing capacity is not smart and criticizes previous policies

jpinkc

Bob is always bad, just doesnt matter which Bob your looking at, Fall Guy Bob or Fall All Over China Bob. I really dont think the Chinese Parks are a totally bad business decision (unless China throws out Disney). It just seems the Crown Jewels of Disney Parks are just deteriorating and there seems to be NO ONE of any substance willing or able to understand the problem.

MerlinTheGoat

7ah5w8.jpg

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This is classic Iger slimey double speak…saying he doesn’t like the prices he’s mostly responsible for, but has no interest in fitting people into already uncomfortably overrun parks…

What a bunch of crap…let’s get this annual meeting over with…so a deal can be cut and he can finally have an exit path
AMEN

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s not even just the prices. They fundamentally altered the experience with genie + and park reservations. Mainly with genie + and LL.

Sounds like they are going to - at the very least - freeze ticket increases for a bit.
…it started with failure to maintain park investment…but yeah…those things sucked too

Vegas Disney Fan

Had he not raised the prices every year as CEO this would mean something.

He could have even went after the nickel and diming of G+ and ILL… but he didn’t which shows they likely aren’t going anywhere.

I’m a huge Iger fan but this is just annoying, if he truly believes this, end the message by announcing your eliminating ILL, bringing back Magical express, etc… otherwise it’s just empty words.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Had he not raised the prices every year as CEO this would mean something.

He could have even went after the nickel and diming of G+ and ILL… but he didn’t which shows they likely aren’t going anywhere.

I’m a huge Iger fan but this is just annoying, if he truly believes this end the message by announcing your eliminating ILL, bringing back Magical express, etc… otherwise it’s just empty words.
He created the mess. Saw a bigger mess coming. Selected his fall guy. Left. Then outted him, comes back as the “hero”, and throws the fall guy he hand picked under the bus for what he himself basically did and began under his watch before he left. Brilliant strategy.

Disney could make a movie about it sometime with him as the villain but they don’t seem to be that creative anymore so they just do sequels.

DopeyRunner

He created the mess. Saw a bigger mess coming. Selected his fall guy. Left. Then outted him, comes back as the “hero”, and throws the fall guy he hand picked under the bus for what he himself basically did and began under his watch before he left. Brilliant strategy.

Disney could make a movie about it sometime with him as the villain but they don’t seem to be that creative anymore so they just do sequels.
Whenever someone says they like Iger, I lose all respect for their comment. I’ve never liked him and while many consider him a brilliant business person, I think he’s just an egomaniac without a creative bone in his body. He just likes to spend other people’s money on franchises, ruin their creativity, and reward himself handsomely. I mean come in, he’s the first ceo who wouldn’t wear a Mickey Mouse tie…. Just quit Bob, quit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom