News Disney CEO Bob Chapek suggests price hikes are coming to the parks thanks to guest demand

nickys

Premium Member
Next, remember the other thing is you can book your Disney trip a year in advance so for a lot of folks it makes it a bit less painful
Not any more.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
1661094997515.png

CinematicFusion

• Disney CEO Bob Chapek’s decision to hike Disney+’s price by $3 per month runs counter to the strategy his predecessor, Bob Iger, had set in place.
995A72F8-5610-447C-91CB-9936180059EE.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh dear. The bump in stock price from the irrational exuberance after the Q3 earnings call has all but disappeared. It's as if there are economic headwinds for the travel industry that inevitably come when the economy is on a downward arc towards recession (the stock market can't seem to get ahead for more than a few days at a time before giving up the gains) but Bob and Christine have been ignoring them in favor of more positively-spun statements that are impossible to quantify or verify ("we're pleased with advanced bookings and intent to visit") to give shareholders and stock analysts warm fuzzies.

flynnibus

Premium Member
""I don't care what current management may tell you. The plain fact is, you can't fool all the people all the time. Nor can you succeed in our business by trying to get by on the cheap. Consumers know when they are getting value for their money, and they know when you're trying to sell them second-hand goods. So what kind of change do we need to make? It's really quite simple. We need to install a new management team, one that understands and believes in the enormously valuable legacy that's been entrusted to us. Speaking as someone with the last name of Disney, it is my firm belief that we are not a commodity. As long as we continue to believe in the power of creative ideas, then our best years still lie ahead.""

Roy Disney March 2004

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
""I don't care what current management may tell you. The plain fact is, you can't fool all the people all the time. Nor can you succeed in our business by trying to get by on the cheap. Consumers know when they are getting value for their money, and they know when you're trying to sell them second-hand goods. So what kind of change do we need to make? It's really quite simple. We need to install a new management team, one that understands and believes in the enormously valuable legacy that's been entrusted to us. Speaking as someone with the last name of Disney, it is my firm belief that we are not a commodity. As long as we continue to believe in the power of creative ideas, then our best years still lie ahead.""

Roy Disney March 2004

Bob C - "Under my leadership, Disney has a lot of creative ideas (on how to suck more money out of the consumers wallets)"

JoeCamel

Roy Disney March 2004

Bob C - "Under my leadership, Disney has a lot of creative ideas (on how to suck more money out of the consumers wallets)"
Bob C. "Roy who?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom