News Disney CEO Bob Chapek suggests price hikes are coming to the parks thanks to guest demand

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure we’d rope drop all the parks for Early Entry if we needed to be first on bus stop or deal with guessing how long parking may take. How has Skyliner been? Might be much better than bus or parking.

Our plan is to walk to Early Entry (except AK) by doing Boardwalk/Contemporary split stay. We move on Tues so we’ll be able to walk home from MK/EP EEHs. If HS starts at 8:30a, we’ll leave our room about 7:50a. No need to get up too early and easier to take midday break. I’m still trying to figure out which ride to do first at each park. We’ve already made mistakes of hitting SDD for morning EMH and it not being open, and 7DMT turning out to be 75 minutes, lol. Think it’ll be RotR, Remy, Splash or BTM but will check what’s going before our trip.
Don’t bother with “early entry” for slinky, mine train, flight of passage, or rat…is my advice. The line starts at 75 minutes…it’s like the 4th dimension or something?

eliza61nyc

I agree with you on the grounds of that it is a matter of budget. However, in my view, it is unbelievable that people pay it taking into account that many facilities have been reduced. We don't have fastpass , dining plan, magical express, some rides are not opened ....
why is it unbelievable? I never used magical express (always have a car) and despised the dining plan. The point is there are many many ways people enjoy walt disney world, not everyone goes the same way. Actually when I first started going to disney there was NO magical express.
Do folks think that people who go are held hostage? that they are somehow forced to go?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This whole week has been AWFUL. I'm at the end of my 7 week vacation. Was hoping school would keep kids out.

...but... There were no kids. Just adults and teens. And it has been atrociously crowded.

That is exactly how our trip to HS was a couple of days ago.

The only convenient and enjoyable things were the 3 shows and Muppets...
I absolutely HATE to hear these things…my sarcasm/cynicism aside.

I never want anyone to have a bad time for their money. It sucks.

I went at the end of June and it sounded 1,000 times better to be honest. But I had to make strategic choices/policies. And I don’t like that everything has to be that level of “compromise” now 😡

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Don’t bother with “early entry” for slinky, mine train, flight of passage, or rat…is my advice. The line starts at 75 minutes…it’s like the 4th dimension or something?
Or ROTR, space mountain, and test track.

Do you know what we rope dropped at Magic Kingdom??? Winnie the Pooh. WINNIE. THE. POOH. Mine train was delayed and wrapped around. The other mass hoard of people moved to Space. And they didn't have frontierland open yet. So there was basically a second rope drop for thunder.

Do second rope drop on splash (while still available). That one worked.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
why is it unbelievable? I never used magical express (always have a car) and despised the dining plan. The point is there are many many ways people enjoy walt disney world, not everyone goes the same way. Actually when I first started going to disney there was NO magical express.
Do folks think that people who go are held hostage? that they are somehow forced to go?
I think my take on this is it’s “ unbelievable” that several things they pushed to make “standard” for the entire bob’s era we’re just ditched and never really mentioned again and there appears to be ZERO blowback.

I didn’t really use/like them either…but I’m surprised as how easily they slammed the door on them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Or ROTR, space mountain, and test track.

Do you know what we rope dropped at Magic Kingdom??? Winnie the Pooh. WINNIE. THE. POOH. Mine train was delayed and wrapped around. The other mass hoard of people moved to Space. And they didn't have frontierland open yet. So there was basically a second rope drop for thunder.

Do second rope drop on splash (while still available). That one worked.
I know…I was just trying to be kind/not pile on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are the southern schools open? I know here up north the kids are out for another 3 weeks
But in Burbia…people aren’t traveling in august…

That pattern has been gaining for a long time

Lacrosse camp and all.

Most of the rest of the country is already in or closer to starting.

8/15 is supposed to start the SLOWEST month of the year at wdw - minus Labor Day

If that’s no longer true…there are major crowd management issues on deck.

You have a car, but many people don't. Many people leaving in the USA , Europe or anywhere take a flight to go there. As a result, they need a transportation. In addition to this, using a bus o public transport helps the environment and contribute to take care of our planet.

I don't say that you take it, but there are many people who need it because they don't have a car or can't drive. So, do we have to obligate them to pay for a taxi or renting a car? Personally, I don't understand your point. I think it is selfish because Magic Express is not included but the prices are higher. So, I cannot see the benefits.

eliza61nyc

You have a car, but many people don't. Many people leaving in the USA , Europe or anywhere take a flight to go there. As a result, they need a transportation. In addition to this, using a bus o public transport helps the environment and contribute to take care of our planet.

I don't say that you take it, but there are many people who need it because they don't have a car or can't drive. So, do we have to obligate them to pay for a taxi or renting a car? Personally, I don't understand your point. I think it is selfish because Magic Express is not included but the prices are higher. So, I cannot see the benefits.
no my point is that there are many many ways that people travel to disney. My point is that you said you can't believe people are still going in spite of these things. MY point is that for many those things are not all that important and it's why the parks are still packed. obviously people are still willing to go

Now I totally admit that my vacations tend to be "selfish". I mean I'm sorry I simply don't plan my families vacation based on whether or not the rest of the country is being environmentally kind and I totally admit that I drive a big suv so perhaps I'm not the best person to discus it with.

no my point is that there are many many ways that people travel to disney. My point is that you said you can't believe people are still going in spite of these things. MY point is that for many those things are not all that important and it's why the parks are still packed. obviously people are still willing to go

Now I totally admit that my vacations tend to be "selfish". I mean I'm sorry I simply don't plan my families vacation based on whether or not the rest of the country is being environmentally kind and I totally admit that I drive a big suv so perhaps I'm not the best person to discus it with.
Yes, I am willing to go but I cannot understand the increase of the prices. I think it is unfair and it is cheating people. Personally, in my view, there are other Disney Parks and many places around the world.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I don't think you are selfish for planning your vacation. You are free to spend your money where you want. However, I think it is selfish to support to eliminate Magical Express only because you have a car. Anyway, Magical Express have disappeared and prices have risen too. So, I don't understand why you want to eliminate.

On the other hand,the idea of Walt was to create a place where families can enjoy together and no matter how much money you have. However, now it is necessary a huge amount of money to begin the joy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
👌 Philly the first day for kindergartners is Monday the 29th. everybody else, I believe go backs Tuesday september 6th
But that represents the LAST wave in the country to go back…the only layers are up through New England…In practical terms.

I believe west of Harrisburg they’re back on no later than the 29th

Point being…this isn’t prime vacation season…it really shouldn’t be packed. Unless its Covid delayed travel?

August Halloween shenanigans doesn’t help much either. Closing early every other day.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, I am willing to go but I cannot understand the increase of the prices. I think it is unfair and it is cheating people. Personally, in my view, there are other Disney Parks and many places around the world.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I don't think you are selfish for planning your vacation. You are free to spend your money where you want. However, I think it is selfish to support to eliminate Magical Express only because you have a car. Anyway, Magical Express have disappeared and prices have risen too. So, I don't understand why you want to eliminate.

On the other hand,the idea of Walt was to create a place where families can enjoy together and no matter how much money you have. However, now it is necessary a huge amount of money to begin the joy.
It’s complicated…the US “responses” to Covid details - especially financial - is full on weird now.

But sadly predictable.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Walt and his family are long gone from the management and operation of the Disney Company. It's not just Disneyland in California, or Disney World in Florida, it's also Disney Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. All of the parks were lumped together in the same ecosystem, so even if one or a few were doing fine, they had to cover any budgetary shortfalls of the other. DL in 🇫🇷 had too much differed maintenance from the previous partnership that ran it so when Disney bought out the remainder, it inherited that to fix. Even with the partnership with Communist China being a minority participant (can't say owner as only the state can own land, everyone rents it), it still took 5.5 Billion dollars out of the collective budget for 5 years to build Shanghai and they are expanding Hong Kong.

So in a nutshell, Disney is spending the majority of its capital on other parks. How they believe they will recoup the investment in Communist China under Xi Jinping (Aka Winnie the Pooh) is beyond me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom