News Disney CEO Bob Chapek reiterates his belief that park reservations are now an essential part of Disney's theme parks business

flynnibus

Premium Member
To be fair, they're viewing this conversation while actually on vacation at Disney so missing some of the flow of this conversation feels understandable under the circumstances.

I mean.. even Disney isn't dumb enough to be marketing park reservations as a 'feature' or value-add to customers in their marketing. It's largely an asterix to note a requirement. Bob pitching it as some 'for the customer' angle is just so disingenuous... it's a convenient cover vs the alternative ways to address the problem. He just knows as long as he sticks to the investor circles no one is ever going to challenge a model that favors cost management vs prioritizing long term customer sat. As long as he can produce revenue growth to offset drops customer sat he'll be given a pass.

A brand like Disney takes generations to be undermined... but they've been doing their best. I'd say they are far along reshaping 1.5 generations into seeing Disney as an option instead of a lifestyle commit.

zombiebbq

Bob and co. will be cashed out long before that point and Wall Street will have plenty of time to jump ship so it's not a problem... unless of course, you're a fan but nobody is doing any of this for the fans they profess to "love" anymore.
Definitely. I think the ultimate future of the parks will be determined by who is selected to follow Chapek and if that person has his same terrible leadership.

People still get shocked when news like this happens, every publicly traded company will do whatever is in the best interest of the shareholders and that's all that matters, nothing will change this fact and will get worst as time goes on. The stock market will rot out the soul of a company and leave nothing left

Vegas Disney Fan

Definitely. I think the ultimate future of the parks will be determined by who is selected to follow Chapek and if that person has his same terrible leadership.

I know it’s doubtful but Chapek could still change his tune also, I hate his changes as much as anyone but he’s still early in his reign and most of it has been during bizarre times.

Maybe I’m just being optimistic hoping he’ll eventually realize he’s running a company founded on providing a better experience and better customer service than anyone else.

Chi84

Premium Member
Once again you laser focus on something in isolation vs follow the conversation. Look at the post I was responding to... the post is about the evidence and conversation here.... not the population who visits WDW.
Of course, you’re right. Sorry to interrupt. I believe you were making some salient point about brown-nosing . . .

TrainsOfDisney

People still get shocked when news like this happens, every publicly traded company will do whatever is in the best interest of the shareholders and that's all that matters, nothing will change this fact and will get worst as time goes on. The stock market will rot out the soul of a company and leave nothing left
Yes. But they should remember it was blockbuster who refused to offer a Netflix style membership to protect their stockholders. ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Maybe I’m just being optimistic hoping he’ll eventually realize he’s running a company founded on providing a better experience and better customer service than anyone else.

He showed his cards when he was willing to openly use his fiscal planning language in response to questions that should normally include customer priority and strategy. Instead of keeping the normally politically correct answer that treats customers as assets and something to cherrish... he only spoke of them as tokens to be optimized and manipulated.

No, this guy isn't going to evolve into a vision/identity guy... he's lives to make the machine churn.

Cliff

Here is the bottom line...we can grumble all we want as fans...but as long as the parks are jam packed FULL of people?...then every decision Disney makes is 100% justified.

At the end of the day....it's "US" and our willingness to pay Disney whatever thay want and follow any policy they damand that gives them the power to do these things.

"We" as consumers are 100% to blame for this...not Disney. We have the power to change and reverse Disney's decisions buy pulling our money back and stop going to the parks. But none of us here has the will to do this in significant numbers. So?....we get what we deserve. There are just too many fans creating too much demand and Disney only has a limited supply.

This is all on us......

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Here is the bottom line...we can grumble all we want as fans...but as long as the parks are jam packed FULL of people?...then every decision Disney makes is 100% justified.

At the end of the day....it's "US" and our willingness to pay Disney whatever thay want and follow any policy they damand that gives them the power to do these things.

"We" as consumers are 100% to blame for this...not Disney. We have the power to change and reverse Disney's decisions buy pulling our money back and stop going to the parks. But none of us here has the will to do this in significant numbers. So?....we get what we deserve. There are just too many fans creating too much demand and Disney only has a limited supply.

This is all on us......

Yep. See signature below. 👍👇

mysto

Reservations are more difficult for local AP holders who wander into the parks on a whim than out of town vacationers. Do you think this is a response to the AP lawsuits?

The timing of this public comment is coincidental.

We may not hear "our most loyal fans" cited by this guy for a while.

Lilofan

Reservations are more difficult for local AP holders who wander into the parks on a whim than out of town vacationers. Do you think this is a response to the AP lawsuits?

The timing of this public comment is coincidental.

We may not hear "our most loyal fans" cited by this guy for a while.
When Chapek and TWDC execs came recently to WDW for retreat , perhaps broke the news to WDW execs then shortly released to the public? Not surprising if more to come changes will happen to impact guest experience.

DisneyDebRob

E0D42DA9-FD90-47DC-920F-74A50671808E.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom