Disney Cast Member Killed In Las Vegas Shooting

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

Phroobar

Could something like that happen at the DLR? Could a crazy guy bring in a ton of weapons in to his Paradise Pier Hotel room and start picking people off in DCA?

mickEblu

Disgusting. Going though my Facebook feed it looks like many people I know knew at least one person there. My wife's friend was there but she made it out thankfully.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Thanks Hans.

It's harrowing to read in the local paper that at least 8 people from my town were shot. Mercifully, all are still alive.

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine what they've been through.

Could something like that happen at the DLR? Could a crazy guy bring in a ton of weapons in to his Paradise Pier Hotel room and start picking people off in DCA?

Considering the scale of Sunday's shooting spree it seems entirely possible that some mad person could take aim at people inside DTD or DCA from a room inside one of the Disney three hotels in Anaheim. Scary.

Phroobar

I've noticed that Universal Studios Hollywood now has airport x-ray machines for bags.. It speeds up park entry. I wonder if Disney will follow suit for the hotels and park entrances.

Stevek

Very sad. A close friend's daughter (19) was there with two other friends. She was face-timing with her mom as the shooting started. She ran and witnessed a girl near hear get shot in the head. Sadly, the male friend that was with her (a Corona resident) was shot and later died. Another two friends were there as well and escaped without injury.

This is something that will live with her forever as you would expect.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Very sad. A close friend's daughter (19) was there with two other friends. She was face-timing with her mom as the shooting started. She ran and witnessed a girl near hear get shot in the head. Sadly, the male friend that was with her (a Corona resident) was shot and later died. Another two friends were there as well and escaped without injury.

This is something that will live with her forever as you would expect.

:(:(

DarkMetroid567

It won't surprise me at all if we see x-ray baggage screening installed at the hotels following this.

I live in Las Vegas, and there is absolutely no way this happens. On areas like the Strip, people come in and out of their hotel rooms ALL THE TIME. Using the elevators can be a chore enough, and the infrastructure there simply doesn't support adding a makeshift security area considering the hotel elevator areas are kept pretty lowkey. Adding security every time you wanted to go in would no doubt reduce the luxury of a hotel room, and it would hurt MGM and Caesar's business significantly. The real issue is guns, not the hotel rooms they were fired from.

Practical Pig

I live in Las Vegas, and there is absolutely no way this happens. On areas like the Strip, people come in and out of their hotel rooms ALL THE TIME. Using the elevators can be a chore enough, and the infrastructure there simply doesn't support adding a makeshift security area considering the hotel elevator areas are kept pretty lowkey. Adding security every time you wanted to go in would no doubt reduce the luxury of a hotel room, and it would hurt MGM and Caesar's business significantly. The real issue is guns, not the hotel rooms they were fired from.

I was referring to the Disney hotels at DLR, not Los Vegas hotels. As GiveMeTheMusic observed, x-ray baggage scanners are already installed at the Disney hotels at Disneyland Parc, Paris. I'm not betting that this horrific event will immediately result in the same for DLR, but you know there have to be discussions in progress now.

Phroobar

I was referring to the Disney hotels at DLR, not Los Vegas hotels. As GiveMeTheMusic observed, x-ray baggage scanners are already installed at the Disney hotels at Disneyland Parc, Paris. I'm not betting that this horrific event will immediately result in the same for DLR, but you know there have to be discussions in progress now.
Bag check will be faster if we had x-ray baggage scanners. Maybe the Eastern Gateway project will be built with them installed someday.

CnM4yvrUMAAaBmH.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Bag check will be faster if we had x-ray baggage scanners. Maybe the Eastern Gateway project will be built with them installed someday.

CnM4yvrUMAAaBmH.jpg

God, that setup is so ugly. Nothing would say Welcome to the Happiest Place on Earth quite like a mini TSA security check.

I agree with with you though it would be nice if Disney could set up more permanent (and cleverly themed/disguised) security portals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom