Disney Cancels Cast Members's 20% Dining Discount

Yen_Sid1

Original Poster
It seems that Disney gave away so many free Dining Plans that now they are canceling Disney Cast Member's 20% discount for the time period Aug 13 - Sep 30.

carolina_yankee

That's not nice! I hope the free dining is raking in room and ticket sales for Disney, because it sure causes mayhem for spontaneous diners and now CMs.

Dirk

DisneyBride94

That is totally uncool..... What's the old saying? "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part?" Disney's marketing promotions should not adversely affect a long-standing benefit on which cast members rely.

:hammer:

CrashNet

This isn't as bad as it seems with required added in 18% gratuity to use the discount. CMs get other perks all the time, so its not as bad as it could be.

CTXRover

That doesn't seem right. I suppose guests come first, but it isn't as bad as I thought given the thread title. Its only for a time period less than a month, right? I thought the benefit was being cut completely.

wannab@dis

I wonder if this is not due to "money" but more due to the fact that the dining locations are so crowded they need to find a way to lessen the impact of non-guest dining reservations. Also, are the restrictions for certain locations? I can see a restriction on table service, but it seems overkill for Counter Service locations.

MickeyTigg

That doesn't seem right. I suppose guests come first, but it isn't as bad as I thought given the thread title. Its only for a time period less than a month, right? I thought the benefit was being cut completely.

It's actually 6 weeks...but it could be worse...it's not permanent.

OmegaKnight

Speaking from a CM's point of view, it is not that big of a deal. We could only use it after 8:30 p.m. to begin with so it really doesn't change much of anything.

raven

Just another blow from the company that everyone thinks is so "magical", before you know it CMs will be paying to work at Disney.

Basically, they do! Disney hires other Disney freaks (to put it bluntly). They go through an interview process (called an audition) to weed out the non-Disney freaks. Then they hire these Disney lovers because they will naturally sell their product for them as well as spend their paychecks somewhere at the parks. There are some cheap counter services backstage that CMs can eat at if they choose though.

Stitch69

Must be alot of cast members took advantage of it. That stinks for those who didn't. I guess the cast members will get real skinny whithout the discount.

Oh that's not fair at ALL. They take it away the day before I check in and then don't bring it back for over a month! There goes all of the casual lunch dates I had in mind to help break the ice between my roommates and I....:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom