Disney buses, good or bad?

luckyeye13

I'm all for drowning out the old timers who feel the need to add their own Jungle Cruise spiel to their bus, BUT it's quite hard for the drivers to clearly hear their radio for information. Especially when the dispatcher's first language isn't English. I would much rather have a safer and more productive working bus system than a highly themed one.

Actually, all of the drivers that I asked about the spiels about three months after they were introduced said that they simply tune them out. I had a bus crowd control shift at DAK that required me to go to the All-Star Movies for a few hours, so I got to chat with the drivers about Magic in Motion while they were at the bus stop or while riding as I was the only one on the bus for some of the rides. The common answer was that they don't even notice the spiels anymore. I guess, as a Monorail pilot, that it is very similiar to how we can tune out the spiel (Yes, it can be turned down in the cab, but the new panels over the controls make it a real pain to do while driving and it won't be all the way off.) and listen and respond to both the Guests in the cab and the radio. Even if you can't do it before you join the department, it quickly either becomes an acquired skill or you go to work somewhere else.

WDFAN1977

I love the idea of being picked up at the airport and taken to my WDW resort room and then while there being shuttled around by bus, monorail or boat. Driving, to me, can be a more stressful event then waiting for a bus.:brick::brick::brick:

LudwigVonDrake

For the most part the bus system is fine. You will run into an occasion where the wait times are intolerable but it's part of the package of relying on Disney for transportation.

Gooch

The buses are great. If it weren't for them I probably wouldn't stay on property as much as I do. Super convenient, even if you're stuck standing up on the way to or from the parks. I've never had a bad experience other than when a driver got lost on the way to DTD late one night.

disneymyway

I think you have to know yourself. I really kind of like driving around WDW and enjoy having the car. I don't always get one, because I've already in effect paid for the buses and use them if I can, but renting a car is more pleasant for me.

I know that some people find that more stressful to have the car but I'm just more stressed out with the buses.

That's why it is great that there are so many options at WDW - it can be whatever you want it to be! :)

Your writing is good, though!

Dragonrider1227

No transportation system is perfect. But i've yet to havea bad experience with Disney buses. I'd rather ride those than the ones we have at home :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom