Disney Brick

Teenchy

Original Poster
Are you still able to purchase a Disney brick with name, date, etc. I thought that had stopped a couple of years ago, but on my last visit I saw one with a March 2006 date.
If you can, does anyone have a link or number you call to buy one.
I know about the leave a legacy at EPCOT...but I hate those things.

Jerm

Are you still able to purchase a Disney brick with name, date, etc. I thought that had stopped a couple of years ago, but on my last visit I saw one with a March 2006 date.

Unless they started selling them again in the past few days without anyone knows they have been off the market for years!!!! I will take a look around and see if I can find anything about it, but I am 99% sure they have not been for sale in 6 or 7 years?

J

Jerm

OK did some looking, they sold out of the brick is 2000 just in time to start the Leave a Legacy thing at EPCOT. I did find a number 407-824-7890that was listed with some of the info for it. But they are no longer avaliable.

J

Teenchy

Original Poster
where did you see the march 06? because I want one so bad so when i go in march im going to have to ask someone
Not only did I see one I also just found one here on this site. I pm the person to see how he got his, I will post the information if I find out how he got his.

PaisleyMF

As for I got knowledge they were working to bring something similar as Walk Around The World but haven't been approved. You can call Information at Magic Kingdom and they will direct the call to a very funny and informative cast member, Dino is one of the persons in the WATW.

Tim G

The program "Walk Around the World of Bricks" has been discontued in 1996.

There will be no bricks available anymore...

If you still want one, go to Japan, China or France... The still have the program running.

tecowdw

Got mine back when they first started selling them thankfully. In fact, it's in front of the Magic Kingdom, just right of the Guest Services windows, 5 bricks down from the landscape edging outcropping. Or ~ walk out the restrooms, head straight towards the buses, jump over the security fence (hate that darn thing), immediately turn 1/4 counter clockwise , take 5 or so steps and...
WHOOP, THERE IT IS!!
:D

I pay homage to it each and every visit!
:sohappy:

Tim G

For some special occassions and very special persons only, they'll still have them...

Luckely I already have some... An ordinary one (red) and the granite one right in front of the entrance...

na nana nana na... :lol: :lol: :lol:

mrtoad

I would love for them to bring them back. My wife and I have one from our honeymoon but would like to get one for my daughter. I had heard that they stopped them because they wanted get people to buy the leave a legacy tiles and were not having luck. They neverfinished the walk around the world so hopefully they will do it again.

On a side note when you got the brick it stated that Disney would not remove it for 10 years and if they did you would be refunded. I am assuming that means that at somepoint they could take them up and resell which would be really, really bogus.

brertigger

I would love to buy a brick as well. Please post more info as to if they will bee selling them again!
When I was there, they said they only had a few available at the cost of $250 per brick. They said the end of the week was the end of the opportunity. Who knows if and when they'll offer something like this again.

I went to the Walk around the world information center. The CM was not very friendly and the only information he offered was "Custom brick with your name on it-$250, one time offer-this week only." That was almost an exact quote of his spiel.

scottnj1966

If you can, does anyone have a link or number you call to buy one.
I know about the leave a legacy at EPCOT...but I hate those things.

I wonder if you saw my brick. Was it March 19th :)
between guest services and the monorail track?

scottnj1966

The program "Walk Around the World of Bricks" has been discontued in 1996.

There will be no bricks available anymore...

If you still want one, go to Japan, China or France... The still have the program running.

Dont ever give up because if you do you would never get anything.

MVC-005S.JPG

scottnj1966

When I was there, they said they only had a few available at the cost of $250 per brick. They said the end of the week was the end of the opportunity. Who knows if and when they'll offer something like this again.

I went to the Walk around the world information center. The CM was not very friendly and the only information he offered was "Custom brick with your name on it-$250, one time offer-this week only." That was almost an exact quote of his spiel.

Never heard of this but it was not 250 bucks. I was charged 125 for my brick in 2006.
It may have been one of the granite bricks.

paul436

I would love to buy a brick as well. Please post more info as to if they will bee selling them again!
They certainly are special! I would love to get one and go back with my grandkids in 20 years and marvel at one with my name on it.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom