Disney Auditions

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Original Poster
So I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but here it goes.
My mom was searching around on the internet and found a Disney audition that we are interested in for my sister.
The audition is for "Disney Princess Look-alike, character, and parade performers". My sister dances ballet, she is 18, has dark hair, and we have always thought she has looked like Jasmine. They are looking for "Puppeteers, Face Characters, Atmosphere Characters, and Parade Performers". So my first question is, what is a Face Character?
Lucky for us, there is an audition on August 7th when we will be down there on vacation. It is at the Disney's Animal Kingdom Rehearsal Facility. So my second question is, where exactly is this and how do you get to it?
If someone could help me with these questions that would be very very helpful! Thanks!

csaribay

A face character is one of the types of performers who bring Disney characters like princesses and princes (and other roles where the performer's face is not somehow concealed) to life.

The Animal Kingdom rehearsal facility is off the Osceola Parkway on Sherberth Road. Follow the signs to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, and shortly before getting to the main entrance of the resort, you'd make a turn on to Sherberth Road until you see the first set of buildings.

You will need a car or other means of transportation to access the facility - there is no Disney Transportation is available. I've got a map of the area here: Point A is Animal Kingdom Lodge, point B is the rehearsal area.

A taxi is a definete possibility, you just have to make sure you know where you're going, you may want to mapquest it in order to give them directions. But it should only cost under ten dollars to get from AK Lodge to wardrobe so it's not a bad idea at all.

disneygoof1

So I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but here it goes.
My mom was searching around on the internet and found a Disney audition that we are interested in for my sister.
The audition is for "Disney Princess Look-alike, character, and parade performers". My sister dances ballet, she is 18, has dark hair, and we have always thought she has looked like Jasmine. They are looking for "Puppeteers, Face Characters, Atmosphere Characters, and Parade Performers". So my first question is, what is a Face Character?
Lucky for us, there is an audition on August 7th when we will be down there on vacation. It is at the Disney's Animal Kingdom Rehearsal Facility. So my second question is, where exactly is this and how do you get to it?
If someone could help me with these questions that would be very very helpful! Thanks!
I was just wondering where you got your info from, because I was in Casting a couple of days ago and they were not hiring for anything. Just wondering

Jamesnm

Trust me.....right now they don't really need anyone in entertainment, unless you are the right fit for one of our many princesses or the new fairies, you probably will not be hired at this time. Our department is more than fully staffed, but good luck. If your an amazing dancer and can fit one of our face character profiles you'll have a better shot!

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Original Poster
^It was my sister I was asking about. :D
But anyway, she is not going to be auditioning anymore because she got accepted to a training program at a Dance Company in Princeton, Nj. So she will be busy. I want to thank you for all of your help though csaribay!

Trust me.....right now they don't really need anyone in entertainment, unless you are the right fit for one of our many princesses or the new fairies, you probably will not be hired at this time. Our department is more than fully staffed, but good luck. If your an amazing dancer and can fit one of our face character profiles you'll have a better shot!

How cute, "our department"!

Disney is still advertising heavily that they need face characters and animated characters, both on the radio and in newspaper print ads. Maybe "our department" isn't as staffed as you think it is? At least if it is I'd like for "us" to stop scheduling me a mandatory six days and fifty hours a week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom