Disney at Halloween

pixie1115

I just accidentally booked our trip during Halloween. Anyone been there during halloween? I think I might change the dates but thought I would check first to see what it is like during that time? Do they do anything special?

GrowingUpDisney

Exactly what dates did you book? We have been multiple year in Oct. Once as close to Halloween as Oct 28th. It has not seemed to crowded in the past, but I have never been on Halloween day/night.

I do know that if you have never been in Oct you will have a blast at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It is a separate ticket event at MK.

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

The MSSSHP does cost (Appx $40 per adult). It is well worth it. I can tell you that if you don't change your dates, be sure to purchase your tickets in advance as soon as they go on sale. The days close to and on Haloween sell out. They only let a certain # of people in the park for the MSSHP.

Fort Wilderness has also done a Haunted Hayride in the past few years. We have not done this as we have young children, but I think it would be fun.

Niki

Upvote 0

LpMcQuack

Also, the Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds offer a Haunted Hayride, off in the woods around the Pioneer Hall featuring a close encounter with Ichabod Crane & the Headless Horseman. Perhaps the best kept secret at Disney for Halloween, very affordable too, $15 per adults, think $10 per child.

And I do recall Disney Boardwalk offering free trick or treating for the kids as well as some character appearances too.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

macsmom

We stayed at POP this past Halloween. While we didn't get the tickets for MNSSHP, we did join in the festivities at POP. The kids had a parade - led by Goofy - and we sort of joined in. We just joined the end of the line, clapping and marching along with all the kids. Then, we also went trick or treating. I think we had more fun than most of the kids. And, the CMs got a kick out of us...we went as tourists.

The crowds in all the parks were never crowded, and I think the longest wait we had on ANY ride was about 20 minutes. The weather was great.

I'm going back the same time this year. I highly recommend going at that time. I think you will have a super time.

danna

Upvote 0
my fam and i went at halloween 2 yrs. ago and i would highly recommend mnsshp. i actually prefer this event to the xmas party. it's a little pricey but we liked it so much that we are taking hubby's family in oct this year, and plan on making all our subsequent trips in oct.

by the way, you also get to enjoy the food and wine festival at epcot--also a choice event.

Upvote 0

smk

MNSSHP is a must do. Wear a costume, go and have fun. I went last year with my grown daughter and had a blast, I went as a "mom". The weather was perfect, the crowds were small and the party was so much fun!

Upvote 0

parker kim

Hi we were not there over halloween but the 2nd week of oct. and did the MNSSHP it is a must it was 148.00 for 4 of us but, so cute and nice very special time. If your there this time of year its a must. The new pirates and princess party can't be as great as this.

Upvote 0

pacochran

If you decide to do the Party, book fairly close to when the tickets go on sale which I think is usually in May, as from what I understand the closer to Halloween and Halloween night they sell out.

Upvote 0

mikesoccer40

Halloween is the perfect time to go

We went the week before Halloween in 2006 and it was FANTASTIC. We went with a group of seven and all dressed as Indianapolis Colts and had a great time, (The picture of seven Colts on Splash Mountain was a must buy).

We trick n' treated during the MNSSHP and hit all the cady trails, coming home with so much candy I think my kids still have some in their rooms at home. The specially themed parade was fantastic and seeing all the villians that are never out was great (the gravediggers parading with shovels was beyond belief).

Two additional advantages during this time period are the weather (cooler and very comfortable) and the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT, so this time of year is like getting a three for one deal.

So go and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...................................

Upvote 0

tink68

We went at that same time last year and we really enjoyed the Halloween party at MK. It is a little $$$ but well worth it. As the night wore on we were able to walk on most rides and we had a blast. We are going this year during Christmas time and I hope we like it just as much as Halloween. Do the party at MK if you can. You will be glad you did.:wave:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Outside of MNSSHP and a few small celebrations (nicely identified here) there isn't a lot of general celebrating or crouds around halloween. I agree with others that if you've never done MNSSHP, it is a lot of fun. As others have already counciled, the dates close to halloween are usually the only ones to sell out, so buy your tickets before you go. Unfortuately, the days you will be there are the most crowded for the party, but if you don't have great expectations on doing a lot of rides, you will also have exposure to the most people in costume. If you plan on dinner in the MK, you will also need to make those arrangements early (I prefer Liberty Tree Tavern)

The last poster also mentioned Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Do read up on this and look to enjoy it. If you really enjoy challenging food, wine or beer tasting, there are special chef events that sell out quickly. You can check out the information from last year for both events at Deb's site to give you a good idea:

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/foodwine.htm

Upvote 0

smk

We went the week before Halloween in 2006 and it was FANTASTIC. We went with a group of seven and all dressed as Indianapolis Colts and had a great time, (The picture of seven Colts on Splash Mountain was a must buy).

We trick n' treated during the MNSSHP and hit all the cady trails, coming home with so much candy I think my kids still have some in their rooms at home. The specially themed parade was fantastic and seeing all the villians that are never out was great (the gravediggers parading with shovels was beyond belief).

Two additional advantages during this time period are the weather (cooler and very comfortable) and the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT, so this time of year is like getting a three for one deal.

So go and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...................................

:wave: Go Colts! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom