News Disney announces plans to celebrate 20 years of Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cmdr_Crimson

That seems doubtful. I'm going out on a limb and predicting these will be buttons.

Disney charges too much for pins to give them away, at this point.

The first time, birthday, etc. buttons are still free though and the ones they charge for are only $1 (unless special ones sold in a set) so a button seems most likely, to me.
I'm referring to the majority of Merchandise it's mostly pin related Yeah they may have a 5 different shirts and some items like they did for Epcot 35th and MK's 45th....But, there were pins....lots of pins reflecting said celebrations..
DFm3QS7VwAAqWuR

Prototype82

Last edited:

brb1006

The vast difference between Orlando and Tokyo strikes yet again.

-Photo Ops
-Dance Party
vs
-Completely Decorated Park
-New Daytime Parade
-New Nighttime Show
-New Stage Show
-New Water Show
-A 2nd New Stage Show... just for the hell of it.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/01/happy-35th-anniversary-to-tokyo-disney-resort/

It's amazing what Disney can offer when Disney doesn't own the park.
Even Tokyo is hyping up the celebration with this leading up to how many days till the celebration kicks off. As seen in this photo taken February 10th of this month.

DVtnbFzU0AAgAFW.jpg

More details
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/01/happy-35th-anniversary-to-tokyo-disney-resort/

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm really hyped that Rafiki's Planet Watch is gonna get a lot of attention! It's such a gem that people don't understand and appreciate.

Rafiki's is one of my favorite areas at AK. I like watching the veterinarians at work inside the Conservation Station. The CMs that work in that area are pleasant and eager to share information about the animals, too.

Deano77

2 Questions, not sure if there are answers as of yet...

1. On Earth Day April 22, is there any word of Jiminy Cricket making an appearance this year?

2. For Scrooge and Launchpad after Mother's Day is this a dance party or a meet and greet? Or Both?

Captain Barbossa

Rafiki's is one of my favorite areas at AK. I like watching the veterinarians at work inside the Conservation Station. The CMs that work in that area are pleasant and eager to share information about the animals, too.
Seeing the veterinarians has to be my favorite part. We always head there first in the morning to catch them.

raymusiccity

That seems doubtful. I'm going out on a limb and predicting these will be buttons.

Disney charges too much for pins to give them away, at this point.

The first time, birthday, etc. buttons are still free though and the ones they charge for are only $1 (unless special ones sold in a set) so a button seems most likely, to me.

I'm sure they'll surprise us with 20th Anniversary Wine Glasses. After all, these were just honoring 'Food & Wine', not an entirely new theme park! :(
IMG_2271.JPG

disnyfan89

Even Tokyo is hyping up the celebration with this leading up to how many days till the celebration kicks off. As seen in this photo taken February 10th of this month.

DVtnbFzU0AAgAFW.jpg

More details

This is also for a Major milestone for the entire RESORT and not just one park. In this case I don't think it's fair to compare the two. Now, with that said Tokyo has done individual anniversaries for their parks and you're more than welcome to make that comparison if you wish. It should also be noted however that TDR relies on special events and anniversaries as the parks cater to locals and needs a reason for them to continue to visit while AK has far more tourists driving it's attendance. Not saying it's an excuse but it's important to keep perspective.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is also for a Major milestone for the entire RESORT and not just one park. In this case I don't think it's fair to compare the two. Now, with that said Tokyo has done individual anniversaries for their parks and you're more than welcome to make that comparison if you wish. It should also be noted however that TDR relies on special events and anniversaries as the parks cater to locals and needs a reason for them to continue to visit while AK has far more tourists driving it's attendance. Not saying it's an excuse but it's important to keep perspective.
Also Tokyo Disneyland is not even owned by Disney as it is owned by the Oriental Land Company so their marketing division knows how to get to the audience rather than how Disney does making everything look simplisticly rose colored..

MrPromey

I'm referring to the majority of Merchandise it's mostly pin related Yeah they may have a 5 different shirts and some items like they did for Epcot 35th and MK's 45th....But, there were pins....lots of pins reflecting said celebrations..
DFm3QS7VwAAqWuR

Ah! I misunderstood. From the pic, I thought you were implying something they would be giving away.

The funny part is, back before the price they charged for pins went so crazy, they actually did them away for special events and stuff. :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom