News Disney announces plans to celebrate 20 years of Disney's Animal Kingdom

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm really hyped that Rafiki's Planet Watch is gonna get a lot of attention! It's such a gem that people don't understand and appreciate.
Oh, sarcasm! Ar-ar...
1519313818068.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Below sounds good.

"guests can attend conservation talks by animal-care experts and participate in enhanced interactions with some of the more than 2,000 animals"
"Rafiki’s Planet Watch will offer backstage experiences with experts where guests can learn about animal nutrition, visit the veterinary hospital and hear how Disney promotes global wildlife conservation."

Is there a site that has more info on what will be going on over the two-week spread? I can't seem to find it. As of right now it only looks like there will be "special events" the weekend of the 20-22.

JohnD

That explains why they're already booked solid during that time. All that's left are deluxe resorts (and campsites). I decided forget it
and am planning on mid-May instead.

andysol

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Is there a site that has more info on what will be going on over the two-week spread? I can't seem to find it. As of right now it only looks like there will be "special events" the weekend of the 20-22.

That's because that's possibly all that will happen. And it's 2 weeks, from April 22 thru May 5. There is a "year-long" piece around Rafiki's Planet Watch, and possibly the dance party.

If you keep your expectations very low, Disney may possibly meet them. Unfortunately, I recall being blown away by celebrations from Disney, so my response to the current "celebrations" will always be with scorn.

MrPromey

You know what this is "REALLY" all about....

That seems doubtful. I'm going out on a limb and predicting these will be buttons.

Disney charges too much for pins to give them away, at this point.

The first time, birthday, etc. buttons are still free though and the ones they charge for are only $1 (unless special ones sold in a set) so a button seems most likely, to me.

ElBendro

The vast difference between Orlando and Tokyo strikes yet again.

-Photo Ops
-Dance Party
vs
-Completely Decorated Park
-New Daytime Parade
-New Nighttime Show
-New Stage Show
-New Water Show
-A 2nd New Stage Show... just for the hell of it.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/01/happy-35th-anniversary-to-tokyo-disney-resort/

It's amazing what Disney can offer when Disney doesn't own the park.

The best part is it's not like the Dance Party is anything new other than Scrooge and Launchpad making appearances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom