News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

bartholomr4

The Walt Disney Company will be the new name just as before. As for the value of Disney stock, it will be going up because it is currently under valued. The value of the Fox assests will be added to the old Disney assests and the new company will have a higher net worth and profits. The daily stock price will vary just like it does now. The stock buy back program will return sooner than originally planned because of the sale of RSNs and Sky. Disney + will also do extremely well and be profitable by 2021. Hulu is growing faster than most people thought and should also reach profitability around the same time.

As for the streaming services the most important thing to consider is the allocation of expenses and profits. Disney should charge Disney + about 15% more than the current Netflix contract. That would cover inflation and properly assess costs. I can't wait to pay for this service and access to the library of movies and shows they have. I would also like to see more shows about the Resorts and Parks. I miss the ones they used to show on the Disney Channel years ago.

The number of outstanding shares and debt load will also increase. So while assets and revenue will increase, on a per-share basis, the change is not as great. I do agree the price is undervalued.

Iger has said, they will be pricing Disney+ at a price point sunbstantially less than Netflix to start.

bartholomr4

Reuters News
Brazil Regulator Said to Pass Fox-Disney Deal Without Asset Sale
Posted Jan. 4, 2019, 12:57 PM
Brazil’s antitrust regulator is expected to approve the proposed merger between Walt Disney Co. and 21st Century Fox inc. without asking for any asset sale, said one person familiar with the ruling. Representatives from the companies met with regulators in several meetings in December to discuss the competition concerns from Cade, as the antitrust agency is known.

The companies are expected to present a proposal that includes offers to change behavior to get the deal approved.

Regulators are aware that. According to the report, CADE's ruling could come on January 30th, when they come back from their year-end recess. This would be one of the final hurdles for Disney's acquisition, meaning the purchase would likely be finalized shortly after.

Also, additional information

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/01/03/disney-fox-deal-brazil-regulators-approve/

mab7689

Reuters News
Brazil Regulator Said to Pass Fox-Disney Deal Without Asset Sale
Posted Jan. 4, 2019, 12:57 PM
Brazil’s antitrust regulator is expected to approve the proposed merger between Walt Disney Co. and 21st Century Fox inc. without asking for any asset sale, said one person familiar with the ruling. Representatives from the companies met with regulators in several meetings in December to discuss the competition concerns from Cade, as the antitrust agency is known.

The companies are expected to present a proposal that includes offers to change behavior to get the deal approved.

Regulators are aware that. According to the report, CADE's ruling could come on January 30th, when they come back from their year-end recess. This would be one of the final hurdles for Disney's acquisition, meaning the purchase would likely be finalized shortly after.

Also, additional information

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/01/03/disney-fox-deal-brazil-regulators-approve/

The next question is when will Mexico give their approval?

Last edited:
I am mad that there is a government shutdown because of our goofball president Trump. I wonder like even when the Disney Fox closes at the end of this month after getting remaining regulatory approval from Brazil and Mexico if the government shutdown is still ongoing will it affect the Disney Fox merger closure since they have to also sell off the Fox regional sports network to satisfy the US DOJ?

bartholomr4

I am mad that there is a government shutdown because of our goofball president Trump. I wonder like even when the Disney Fox closes at the end of this month after getting remaining regulatory approval from Brazil and Mexico if the government shutdown is still ongoing will it affect the Disney Fox merger closure since they have to also sell off the Fox regional sports network to satisfy the US DOJ?

The agreement is with a Judge (not impacted by the shut-down) and Disney has 90 days to execute it after the deal closes. The shut-down will have no affect on the merger timing!

Kadmos1

An FB lady friend wrote this article for early last Feb. on why those big company unions are bad. She even mentions Fox News namesake William Fox several times. newsweek.com/why-media-mega-mergers-wont-benefit-you-and-me-799667

I seriously doubt Fox boss Murdoch and Disney boss Iger paid attention to history seeing as how William's Fox attempt at a media buy-out/merger was a factor in his media downfall.Fox

It is nearing the end of the Fox Empire through 20th Century Fox as we know it. Mr. Fox, Roy, Walt, and Ub Iwerks (third co-founder of the Disney Company) would probably be ashamed at such a pending union. Through its predecessors, 20th Century Fox has over 103 years of movie studio existence. Heck, it is the 3rd oldest major American movie company after Universal and Paramount, respectively. So I hope Brazil says "no". Just because it looks like Brazil might say "yes", that doesn't necessarily mean they will make a decision that says "yes".

An FB lady friend wrote this article for early last Feb. on why those big company unions are bad. She even mentions Fox News namesake William Fox several times. newsweek.com/why-media-mega-mergers-wont-benefit-you-and-me-799667

I seriously doubt Fox boss Murdoch and Disney boss Iger paid attention to history seeing as how William's Fox attempt at a media buy-out/merger was a factor in his media downfall.Fox

It is nearing the end of the Fox Empire through 20th Century Fox as we know it. Mr. Fox, Roy, Walt, and Ub Iwerks (third co-founder of the Disney Company) would probably be ashamed at such a pending union. Through its predecessors, 20th Century Fox has over 103 years of movie studio existence. Heck, it is the 3rd oldest major American movie company after Universal and Paramount, respectively. So I hope Brazil says "no". Just because it looks like Brazil might say "yes", that doesn't necessarily mean they will make a decision that says "yes".
Trolling.

seascape

Like Barthollmr4 said this has nothing to do with the government shut down. As for your views on
Trump they ate political and have no place on this thread. If you want to post your views on him post them on the politics section and not here

KrazyKat

B8CEBE9C-AB76-479D-A190-D893673A3E98.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, what's left of Murdoch's 21st Century Fox is going to be just "Fox."

So, what will Disney call the Fox entertainment assets they are getting?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Who will be in charge? Iger or Murdoch? It will be fun to watch the power struggle and large egos in play once the ink dries on the contract.
Well, Iger is CEO and the Murdoch's will collectively own 6% of New Disney. But, no Murdoch will be part of the company, and I'm not sure if anyone will be getting a board seat from this. So the Murdoch's will have influence, but not enough to dictate.

bartholomr4

Two events for the "New Fox" yesterday! (Source SEC.Gov)

The New Fox purchased 6,022,258 Shares of Roku

The New FOX Filed registration Form 10, with the SEC, basically becoming an active Corporation, and Registering the New Securities (Both a Class A and Class B Common Share). The shares will be listed on the NASDAQ. The Form is dated January 7th, but states It is subject to adjustment and completion.

Since this is a family-friendly forum I can not spew out profanity, but I am happy that Brazil is set to approve soon, but dang Mexico please at least before Brazil approve it with conditions, so it can meet the end of January deadline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom