News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

brodie999

You know the Disney-Fox merger is completed by tomorrow? I'm really excited about whatever plans Disney announces for Fox on Investor Day next month on the 11th of April and probably D23.

brodie999

It would close at 12:02 eastern time so the deal would close at 9:02 western time.
Good calculations! Now it says Disney is set to close the deal shortly after 9 P.M tonight which is a day early before its original finalisation date. So we won't have to wait until a day later.

Last edited:

mab7689

bartholomr4

You know the Disney-Fox merger is completed by tomorrow? I'm really excited about whatever plans Disney announces for Fox on Investor Day next month on the 11th of April and probably D23.

21CF split itself in two today and distributed new FOX and the remnants of 21CF to shareholders this morning at 8 am. Tonight at midnight eastern time the remnants of 21CF are merged into new Disney. New Disney trades for the first time tomorrow am st 9am with the old Disney ticket symbol DIS

KrazyKat

Slpy3270

Yeeeeahhh we've seen this game before. Don't think the employees are convinced it will be enough.

Darkprime

Did the amount of debt they were acquiring go up? I dont remember it being this high.

Disney is also acquiring approximately $19.8 billion of cash and assuming approximately $19.2 billion of debt of 21st Century Fox in the acquisition. The acquisition price implies a total equity value of approximately $71 billion and a total transaction value of approximately $71 billion.

So they are actually paying closer to $90 billion dollars. wow.

bartholomr4

All you're looking at is their $19B in debt and ignoring their $19B in cash reserves.

Also, the debt has a face value and a market value.... if Disney were to pay it off now (which may not be possible based on covenants in the commercial bonds), or refinance it, the actual debt total would be different (basically because the interest rates paid on the debt is higher than current market rates, and makes the market value/ cost higher).... The new Fox will also pay a pro rated portion of the existing 21CF debt Disney is assuming (the portion of the debt allocated to the new fox assets) which we won’t know the total until a bunch of closing ratios are calculated..... The June 21 merger agreement (see Sec.gov June 21, 2018) capped the debt assumed by Disney at 13.8 billion, with adjustments based on anything retired between the merger announcement date and the merger (in other words the total would go down).... Lastly there are tax implications which can adjust all of these cash payments as well. The merger may trigger capital gains tax payments which could cause a payment from New Fox to Disney.

capsshield

I think Disney plus will rotate its catalog of films just as it does now however I'm sure there will be product that appears more permanent over the first year or so.
by rotating the classics they can advertise the new additions as a hook to bring in subscriptions.
I know with Netflix dropping the marvel shows and losing the Disney films my money will probably be going to Disney plus, especially if they put up the old world of color TV show that ran every Sunday night.

I know there has been a lot of talk about fox stuff but Disney has produced and aired a lot of great stuff I hope to see in the vault

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom