News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

Darkprime

I still wonder if the rights would have reverted if Comcast had bought Fox. I know thats never been confirmed. But its interesting to think about.

JoeCamel

Everyone loathe Comcast even the antitrusters, fcc, and department of Justice, and Marvel fans hate them.
Careful with all encompassing comments, your view does not translate to "everyone" as you have been told before.

No one "hates" Comcast except you and others that have a personal beef with the company. You seem mired in the hate and make a statement to this fact at every opportunity to make it. No matter what you personally feel it is not the opinion of "everyone"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Careful with all encompassing comments, your view does not translate to "everyone" as you have been told before.

No one "hates" Comcast except you and others that have a personal beef with the company. You seem mired in the hate and make a statement to this fact at every opportunity to make it. No matter what you personally feel it is not the opinion of "everyone"

Sorry, but...

1548988682490.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I don’t like them either (some of the VPs are in my town)...but trying to push the “everyone hates them” as somehow making Disney look good - the completely non-nuanced goal here - is completely sophomore year.
Definitely a well earned bad reputation...but Comcast is no longer just crappy cable...they do very popular other things too. It’s been in the news.
Not true, I am part of "everyone" and I don't hate them
Not worth my time to do that, I have better things to be concerned with.

Yep.

brodie999

I'm gonna assume Mexico quietly approved it during the review the other day. Unless they make some noise like Brazil.
Well, all the other countries quietly approved the deal during the past 6 months. And maybe, just maybe, Disney might announce Brazil is the only country left yet to tick off their list at the Earnings Call in 4 days.

Darkprime

Typically the general public will only hear about approval from the major regions like the U.S, China and EU. Once Disney got China approval it basically confirmed the deal was happening. Brazil is a minor bump in the road for Disney. Nothing more. The general public doesn't need to know about The other approvals so Disney will keep it out of the press.

brodie999

This new SEC filing has Disney's plans for Fox mapped out in the wake of the deal, including its final finalisation. Many people believe it'll be completed by June, but the filings say "Disney Expects the deal will close before June 2019." Which means it'll be finalised by February or March.

disney fox deal sec report 2019

mab7689

I'm gonna assume Mexico quietly approved it during the review the other day. Unless they make some noise like Brazil.
I've started checking the Twitter of COFECE, the Mexican regulator, to see if anything has gone on there. If anything goes public and I see it I'll post on here. The Android app has a translate feature too so it will be in English.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190202-124538_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190202-124538_Twitter.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 54

AdrielAmbroz

Disney terá de vender canal de esporte, diz Cade

Disney must sell ESPN and FOX SPORTS to have the deal approved in Brazil!

Last edited:

Crossfire

Disney terá de vender canal de esporte, diz Cade

Disney must sell ESPN and FOX SPORTS to have the deal approved in Brazil!
Just a correction, Disney have to sell ESPN or Fox Sports.

And CADE has already said that it's just speculation so far.
  • Polyanna Vilanova, the responsible counselor at antitrust regulator CADE, tells Bloomberg that the case is still being studied ahead of a March 17 deadline (a deadline that could yet see a requested extension for another 90 days).
  • Reports that CADE would demand selling either Fox Sports or ESPN are just speculation, Vilanova says.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom