Disney alienates 90% of their guests......What is going on?

sup

With the news of the new hours for deluxe resort guests only, what is the incentive to stay on property in a value or moderate resort? It seems to me that Disney just alienated 90%+ of their guests with the newest moves they have made to the parks.

1) No more Magical Express
2) no more Extra Magic Hours
3) no more free Magic Bands
4) no more free parking at resorts
5) transportation is mostly busses which are very inefficient
6) Likely no more advanced FP booking with new paid FP coming*

What is the incentive to stay in a moderate or value resort going forward? You lost all those perks, including not being able to stay late in the parks now that its only for deluxe resort guests and the only one you get is to get in the parks 30 minutes early in the morning.......Is that even a benefit for most guests?

Plus Disney alienated all AP holders and day pass guests by banning them from rope drop and losing that advantage as well as banning them from staying late in the parks.......

*I would bet this is their next announcement
Does it surprise you? If its free Chapek isn't making any money...

dovetail65

They will fill the hotels and in 2 years it wont even matter because everyone will forget about the old perk scheme. I have a friend rather stay at a Disney Value resort than my place and his reason was , "well we want to stay in a Disney hotel".

I could see if it was the Poly or Contemp, but a value? This just shows that first timers don't care about perks. He had no idea they even had perks at value hotels in the past and just said it was too much to get perks for the next step up in hotels.

People just want to stay at a Disney hotel because its a Disney hotel. It may take him to actually go and realize its a motel 6 with a theme.

Disney is after new guests and some people just don't belive or can't understand it, but only we fanatics compare what was once offered. The changes are already happening and it's not going to effect Disney's bottom line. Build it and they will come has been working for them so far.

The_Jobu

With the news of the new hours for deluxe resort guests only, what is the incentive to stay on property in a value or moderate resort? It seems to me that Disney just alienated 90%+ of their guests with the newest moves they have made to the parks.

1) No more Magical Express
2) no more Extra Magic Hours
3) no more free Magic Bands
4) no more free parking at resorts
5) transportation is mostly busses which are very inefficient
6) Likely no more advanced FP booking with new paid FP coming*

What is the incentive to stay in a moderate or value resort going forward? You lost all those perks, including not being able to stay late in the parks now that its only for deluxe resort guests and the only one you get is to get in the parks 30 minutes early in the morning.......Is that even a benefit for most guests?

Plus Disney alienated all AP holders and day pass guests by banning them from rope drop and losing that advantage as well as banning them from staying late in the parks.......

*I would bet this is their next announcement

This is the paradox of the Bob's Disney. Save money and cut things that "only" enhance guest experiences, yet the fans are still fanatical.

Disstevefan1

This is the paradox of the Bob's Disney. Save money and cut things that "only" enhance guest experiences, yet the fans are still fanatical.
Bobby knows this. It’s like a drug dealer and the addict. The fans are addicted to the parks. The parks are closed. Reopen the parks, the addicted fans will come back more than ever irrelevant of the cutbacks.

It’s working.

UNCgolf

I have stayed at Royal Pacific, and the rooms are not better than WDW deluxe

I disagree. The rooms at the Royal Pacific are excellent; the beds were more comfortable than any bed I've ever had at WDW. But even if you don't think they're quite as good, they're still a better value since they're at least comparable to a deluxe and cost significantly less. I paid less to stay at the Royal Pacific than it would have cost to stay at a WDW moderate the same week. Location aside (i.e. just based on the hotel facilities themselves), if I could stay at either the Polynesian or the Royal Pacific for the same price I'd choose the Royal Pacific every single time.

I don't blame Disney for their seemingly ridiculous hotel prices, though. People are paying it. There's no reason for them to cut rates if the rooms are selling.

Last edited:

stratman50th

Bobby knows this. It’s like a drug dealer and the addict. The fans are addicted to the parks. The parks are closed. Reopen the parks, the addicted fans will come back more than ever irrelevant of the cutbacks.

It’s working.
This....
I call the "But it's Disney and I need my fix" the Disney dopamine hit. That's all it really is. I truly don't fault people as I was the same way. I completed my Disney rehab in 2012 with a few exceptions. It took my wife several more years... 2019 to get off the drug. We discovered Fort Wilderness and that brought us back to the property but not the parks. The Fort was an awesome self contained place of enjoyment. Trail's End was a favorite second only to 'Ohana. Now both of those are gone. At least in the form we enjoyed.
If someone is finally cured of their Disney dopamine addiction, don't worry. There are truly other options out there to enjoy at less cost, which I know isn't the primary concern of many. If you break away don't worry about the Mouse. Someone else will fill your space.

Disstevefan1

This....
I call the "But it's Disney and I need my fix" the Disney dopamine hit. That's all it really is. I truly don't fault people as I was the same way. I completed my Disney rehab in 2012 with a few exceptions. It took my wife several more years... 2019 to get off the drug. We discovered Fort Wilderness and that brought us back to the property but not the parks. The Fort was an awesome self contained place of enjoyment. Trail's End was a favorite second only to 'Ohana. Now both of those are gone. At least in the form we enjoyed.
If someone is finally cured of their Disney dopamine addiction, don't worry. There are truly other options out there to enjoy at less cost, which I know isn't the primary concern of many. If you break away don't worry about the Mouse. Someone else will fill your space.
Hello, my name is @Disstevefan1 and I am a Disneyholic. I am 615 days clean. One day at a time…

dingdingding

For us (we're booking normally through the British website), we would have paid double if we wanted the same as our September 2019 trip. Because of that we opted to stay shorter (half of our previous trip), stay less luxurious (moderate instead of a deluxe) and spend the money we save at a longer and more luxurious stay at Universal. Once Epic Universe comes, Disney will have regretted taking it's customers for granted.

But I find the worst thing in this is that many fans are defending the combination of higher prices and lower service. It is still a product but some don't seem to think of it that way. Disney will profit from that short term but there will be less fans in the long run and with defending fans they can overlook the fact that more and more (non-fan) consumers will look elsewhere.

Last edited:

skypilot2922

One wonders what happens after the 'revenge' travel, Then what happens do the Disney 'first timers' come back or do they have bad taste in their mouth because of the stripped down experience. I also am a disneyholic in my case 1151 days clean...

Disstevefan1

One wonders what happens after the 'revenge' travel, Then what happens do the Disney 'first timers' come back or do they have bad taste in their mouth because of the stripped down experience. I also am a disneyholic in my case 1151 days clean...
Congrats on 1151 days clean!!

There was a time I thought Disney’s short term, money grab strategy would hurt them, but I no longer think that. I think Disney is invincible now…

Inspired Figment

Congrats on 1151 days clean!!

There was a time I thought Disney’s short term, money grab strategy would hurt them, but I no longer think that. I think Disney is invincible now…
If they weren’t invincible back in the early 80s with their film division hurting them or the early 2000s with both the parks & film division hurting them… I guarantee they’re not invincible now… especially with Chapek in charge. Watch.. this business plan/model isn’t gonna last. “A lot less for a higher price”

Tomi-Rocket

So I don’t have a problem with deluxe getting a bit more perks, I understand that, it wouldn’t bother me if they gave perks depending on which type of resort you stay at, but I had a HUGE problem with giving OFF property hotels some of the same benefits as those paying MORE to stay onsite. The only perk then were the busses. Suddenly you’re trying to vie for ADR’s and FP’s with all guests staying on property AND off. And now all those perks are disappearing as well. Hopefully they don’t get rid of the busses eventually too. 😳

On a side note…parking fees really infuriate me anyway, I mean, you chose to give them your business and then they tack on that fee to charge you to park there. Ridiculous. Rant over. 😬

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom