News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Wonder whats going on on Thursday January 23, 2020. That was the day I was expecting a MK after hours date or AK date. For whatever reason they have excluded that date from both.

Markiewong

Flying all the way from europe to Disney World for the first time in november. Doing the Magic Kingdom/Animal Kingdom with these events would mean we would have more time for other activties and allocate less time to these parks (and especially the terror fastpasses for FOP). Any recommends if I should do only one After Hours or both?

Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

Was at Animal Kingdom last night. Totally worth the price. Everest - 6 times, Dinosaur 6 times, Flight of Passage - 2 times, Navi River Journey - 1 time

Thanks! See, I feel like we're always so rushed the past few trips when we're at AK -- it would be nice to stop and enjoy again. Now that we have a toddler, our park patterns are all over the place 🤣. I've been looking for something I can do for one-on-one time with my 15-year old stepson during the trip (my husband is spending his one-on-one time doing Dolphins in Depth with him). I think this might be it!

FigmentForver96

Thanks! See, I feel like we're always so rushed the past few trips when we're at AK -- it would be nice to stop and enjoy again. Now that we have a toddler, our park patterns are all over the place 🤣. I've been looking for something I can do for one-on-one time with my 15-year old stepson during the trip (my husband is spending his one-on-one time doing Dolphins in Depth with him). I think this might be it!
It’s pretty great. I ate dinner beforehand as obviously no quick service is open starting at 830 when the park closed. You could get there early enough to eat but I didn’t want to show up until lost guests had cleared out. It truly was eerie as I found myself walking down some areas alone, almost as if I had been left in the park.

JohnD

Flying all the way from europe to Disney World for the first time in november. Doing the Magic Kingdom/Animal Kingdom with these events would mean we would have more time for other activties and allocate less time to these parks (and especially the terror fastpasses for FOP). Any recommends if I should do only one After Hours or both?

Not sure if you're getting a 14-day multi-day ticket. If I recall those are available for sale in the UK. Otherwise, one option is to reduce the number of days for "regular" tickets by each After Hours ticket. That will free you up to do other things during the day (e.g. water park, Disney Springs) then do the After Hours.

Markiewong

Not sure if you're getting a 14-day multi-day ticket. If I recall those are available for sale in the UK. Otherwise, one option is to reduce the number of days for "regular" tickets by each After Hours ticket. That will free you up to do other things during the day (e.g. water park, Disney Springs) then do the After Hours.
Yhea I have the 14 day ticket. Staying there for 14 days aswell so we should have more than enough time. However After Hours does sound intriguing with the crowds and late hours (from 10:00pm to 1:00am)

EPCOT-O.G.

I apologize if this is known information, but we are going to be there one of those dates and have a Park Hopper pass. Would the Park Hopper enable us to stay/enter the park during those extended hours? Thanks!

JohnD

I apologize if this is known information, but we are going to be there one of those dates and have a Park Hopper pass. Would the Park Hopper enable us to stay/enter the park during those extended hours? Thanks!

No. It's a separate ticket. To be clear, you can enter the park early (approx 4pm) from the After Hours ticket. It doesn't require park hopper to enter. Park hopper is only good for regular admission.

JohnD

You're allowed to enter at 7PM not 4PM, just for clarification. The 4PM time is for Halloween and Christmas events.

In that case, with park hopper they can enter whenever they want. They just have to go to the check in location for After Hours to get their credentials before park close / After Hours start.

Tom P.

So the After Hours event is always for three hours after the park closes, correct? So even if they would change the closing time for a date later on, you will still get three hours after whatever that time is?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Pretty cool that over half the days in September WDW is selling the MK at least 2x. Not sure about the early morning stuff. Maybe some of those days they sold the park 3x. Pretty great for regular guests.

Hatboxer

Interesting they still haven’t added more early morning magic (ticketed morning event at MK) dates despite adding after hours ones. Am guessing it’s because they’re still determining EMH/park opening time? Anyone know anything about the future of that event / any wagers?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
So the After Hours event is always for three hours after the park closes, correct? So even if they would change the closing time for a date later on, you will still get three hours after whatever that time is?
Correct. Depending on the closing time you can get anywhere from 5 to 6 hrs in the park with 3 of those hours actually being the event itself.

Kman101

Pretty cool that over half the days in September WDW is selling the MK at least 2x. Not sure about the early morning stuff. Maybe some of those days they sold the park 3x. Pretty great for regular guests.

You'd be surprised at how many casuals don't notice or care. Sadly. The guests are who is allowing Disney to keep doing this (and of course you have the vloggers getting free entry and boasting how great it all is).

But let's not pretend this is a new thing they're doing. Just because E-Ticket nights were cheap doesn't mean they weren't selling the park twice then too. I don't like it but sadly we're at the point where crowds are vastly unmanagable in the park. The After Hours are honestly worth every penny. Not what you want to hear but it's true. Do I like they do this? No. But it IS worth it for no crowds and walk-ons to every ride (minus Pan and Mine Train, which average 20-25 minutes). I have very mixed feelings on this practice.

I don't think the Halloween or Christmas parties are "worth it" if you want to walk onto rides or have low crowds. The first Halloween party looked like any other day at the Kingdom. Awful. I've always thought the Halloween and Christmas stuff should be for everyone, not just parties.

But guests aren't stopping buying tickets ... wouldn't you do the same if you were Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom