News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

jt04

I think it will be awhile before they can offer After Hours at DHS. However "Before Hours" ticketed event could work well logistically as I keep saying. Just need to clear GE before rope drop for regular day guests. And any morning emh events.

Perhaps 5:30 to 7:30. Price based on number of attractions open and whether food is included.

JusticeDisney

This is an obscene amount of greed and abuse of the public’s trust. Monetizing once normal hours.
It’s a completely different experience being offered. I could see your gripe if they simply made everyone pay all over again in order to stay past 10pm, but that’s not what they are doing. They have created a scenario where people, albeit for an extra cost, can experience all the attractions with little to no waiting. I, for one, would pay any premium for that. And I hope Disney does more and more of this.

I mean, first people complain that the parks are too crowded. And now, when Disney does something to cure that problem, people complain because there is an extra cost involved and it cuts out a couple “normal” hours. Oh well, I guess people will always find a reason to complain.

MuteSuperstar

3 Hours in SWGE for only $199.99 per person plus tax?

You're probably not far off.
For one ride. Yeah sign me up. :rolleyes:

It's not the existence of these events that bothers me so much as the ridiculous prices. But hey clearly everyone had a money tree spring up in their backyard, so here we are.

note2001

I mean, first people complain that the parks are too crowded. And now, when Disney does something to cure that problem, people complain because there is an extra cost involved and it cuts out a couple “normal” hours. Oh well, I guess people will always find a reason to complain.

LMAO

You make it sound like you think Disney has created these upcharge events to be nice. Make no mistake, it is all about money. That's not a complaint, it's a fact.

I'd say it's a bit far fetched to call it greed though. The pharmaceutical companies that put people's lives at risk as they raise the price of drugs beyond reach, that is greed. The landlords who evicts tenants so condos can be built, that is greed. Disney creating special events at an upcharge that will not effect our lives ... nope.

Now, if I were on a limited budget with no pass, and no kids, these after hours would look very attractive to me. For most of us with passes already, it just feels like we're being shut out. Again, that's not a complaint, it's just how I and others I know feel.

JusticeDisney

LMAO

You make it sound like you think Disney has created these upcharge events to be nice. Make no mistake, it is all about money. That's not a complaint, it's a fact.

I'd say it's a bit far fetched to call it greed though. The pharmaceutical companies that put people's lives at risk as they raise the price of drugs beyond reach, that is greed. The landlords who evicts tenants so condos can be built, that is greed. Disney creating special events at an upcharge that will not effect our lives ... nope.

Now, if I were on a limited budget with no pass, and no kids, these after hours would look very attractive to me. For most of us with passes already, it just feels like we're being shut out. Again, that's not a complaint, it's just how I and others I know feel.
Where did I say Disney did this to be nice? Oh, that’s right, I didn’t.

What I did say is Disney has created something that solves the problem of mass overcrowding in the parks, an issue which people constantly (and properly IMO) complain about. The reason why Disney did it doesn’t matter one bit to me. You see, I couldn’t care less what Disney’s motivation behind doing this is. All I care about is there is now the opportunity to go and experience the parks with little or no waits.

Casper Gutman

Where did I say Disney did this to be nice? Oh, that’s right, I didn’t.

What I did say is Disney has created something that solves the problem of mass overcrowding in the parks, an issue which people constantly (and properly IMO) complain about. The reason why Disney did it doesn’t matter one bit to me. You see, I couldn’t care less what Disney’s motivation behind doing this is. All I care about is there is now the opportunity to go and experience the parks with little or no waits.
In no way does this solve overcrowding. If anything it worsens it by routinely shortening regular hours.

I’ve heard mixed things about how much Disney limits tickets to the events and, thus, how much of a walk-on rides actually are. The last time I went to an after-Hours event, a Christmas party a few years ago, the crowds were still massive - certainly nothing like the great old E-Ticket Nights.

Really, the main advantage of these events is the lack of the oppressive MyMagic+ system.

Ariel1986

In no way does this solve overcrowding. If anything it worsens it by routinely shortening regular hours.

I’ve heard mixed things about how much Disney limits tickets to the events and, thus, how much of a walk-on rides actually are. The last time I went to an after-Hours event, a Christmas party a few years ago, the crowds were still massive - certainly nothing like the great old E-Ticket Nights.

Really, the main advantage of these events is the lack of the oppressive MyMagic+ system.

The Christmas/Halloween parties are completely different to the after hours events- the after hours sell way, way less tickets. I went to two last year,
one in July and one in November- both were so empty every ride was a walk on & sometimes you didn’t see another person on the ride or where you were in the park.

JusticeDisney

It solves the issue of overcrowding during the special event itself, which is all I will care about when I’m at the special event. I can’t speak to the Christmas party, but I can tell you for a fact that the regular After Hours events do indeed cut the wait times down to almost nothing if not nothing at all.

me_stitch

Premium Member
So theoretically when I visit in September if SWGE is so busy that I don't want to deal with it I could buy an after hours ticket and probably get to enjoy it? But I assume these will sell out so I'd have to decide now?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So theoretically when I visit in September if SWGE is so busy that I don't want to deal with it I could buy an after hours ticket and probably get to enjoy it? But I assume these will sell out so I'd have to decide now?

Possibly... if they have After Hours for DHS in September. Even though dates for AH in MK and DAK have been announced, AH in DHS end in July. So, maybe no AH for DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom