Disney After Hours BOO BASH

flynnibus

Premium Member
Don't know if this was already answered, but the treat stations and snack and beverage kiosks - all that was left of the advertised offerings besides the indoor attractions - were a total cluster last night. Half of the treat stations opened late or not at all, and snack stands were running out of everything within minutes. It was a disorganized mess. I felt horrible for the CMs who spent half their night just apologizing.

My family literally spent most of the first hour of the Bash waiting in 7 separate lines in the pouring rain for treats and snacks, only to be told at the end of 6 of them that they weren't ready yet, were moving indoors, or had just run out of everything. It was getting ugly. We abandoned those efforts and hit a ton of rides. Toward the second half, things seemed to be running smoothly and carts and treat locations were finally stocked. DH was so happy to finally be able to get a Coke at 11pm that he took - and drank - 4 of them, just for spite. 🤣
Sorry to hear your night got mashed up. Thx for sharing your story and glad at least you got some entertainment from it!

Weather_Lady

I was reading that people said parts were flooded really badly, including the treat trails!
Yup -- the rain didn't stop for more than a few minutes all evening, and parts of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland had water that was over ankle-deep. My family just said "whatevs" (easy for me to say, as I had my Tevas on, although we were all suffering the agony of "de feet" by the end of the night), threw on our ponchos and splashed our way through it during one of the initial (and worst) downpours, along with about a dozen other brave souls. The huddled masses crammed beneath the Philharmagic awning actually applauded and whooped for us! ;)

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Currently appears all dates online have now sold out -

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 12.48.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 12.50.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 12.50.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 12.50.33 PM.png

Weather_Lady

So the ticket is not showing in MDE under tickets?
This is what I'm seeing in mine - 1 for each family member (note the 2022 expiration date). These just appeared in my MDE today: our original Boo Bash tickets disappeared from MDE right after we used them, and as of yesterday, all that was showing under "tickets and passes" was our four 5-day parkhopper tickets from this last trip (which were, and still are, erroneously indicating that we have one day remaining). I assumed that since I accepted the comped 2-day parkhoppers as our "Boo Bash" consolation prize (which are part of a separate Guest Relations file and wouldn't show up on MDE anyway), we wouldn't get anything further, so I'm still figuring out if this represents the ticket entitlement mentioned in the text that was sent to 8/24 Boo Bash guests, or if it's just a glitch.

Screenshot_20210826-163116_Disney World.jpg

the

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Whoops, I never updated!

So we went to the Boo Bash on 8/27 (a Friday. Typically, I wouldn't choose a Friday, but it was the only day we could go.)

The short version: to us, totally worth it.

We didn't "do" it the way we may have normally done it; i.e. it wasn't about strategizing to get in as many rides as possible. We were going more for a feeling - specifically the feeling of being at the MK at night with low crowds. It's special at night. It's something we always enjoyed years ago, and has become difficult to come by naturally. Add to that: avoiding COVID.

Don't discount the benefit of just being there after dark in August/September. Less sweating = huge.

Although we could get in at 7, we were a little late, what with dropping off the dog at Best Friends Pet Care, parking, TTC, ferry, etc. The only things I wanted to do before the event began were: Carousel of Progress - because it's closed during the event and a favorite of mine, and also meet another WDWmagic friend for a quick hello.

The hello happened, the CoP did not. We got to it just a few minutes after 8, and for whatever reason, they had closed it at 8. Bummer, but I've been on it a zillion times. It's been a couple of years, but there's [presumably] always next time.

It was "double crowd" at this point, with the day people and the night people crossing paths, but it still wasn't crazy. Here's where we took a planned COVID-inspired detour: as previously mentioned, we had an ADR at Skipper Canteen at 8:50. We casually strolled over there, arrived a few minutes early, and sat in the chairs outside. I call it a COVID-inspired detour because it kept us out of the crowd. We had driven up that afternoon and were ready for a good meal and a drink or two to kick off the event. That all happened, everything was fab. Chakalaka wine in the house! (Loved it at Jiko and Tiffins, and then it was gone for a good while, so glad to see it back!)

We took our time with dinner, exiting after the day to night switchover was complete. We didn't bother trick or treating. DH is diabetic, and the only option (I think) was sugar free Werther's, and we've got plenty of those. I wasn't interested in the other stuff. We did get some popcorn, meant to get more, but it never happened. We looked for more at the end on our way out, but didn't happen to pass it (or it was gone.) We had a couple of waters, he had a diet whatever. When we couldn't find the popcorn at the end of the night, we got a Mickey bar, and he had a bite, and I had a couple of bites. So we experienced it without going overboard and didn't mind since we didn't "pay" for it. (I know, I know...wasting food.)

As for the attractions: most showed a 5 or 10 minute wait and were walk ons. HM showed a 20 minute wait but was still a walk on.

We didn't get through everything, but wanted to see some of the refurbs/enhancements like Jungle Cruise (first, after dinner, obviously) and IASW, plus Pirates, HM, etc.

A highlight was Country Bear Jamboree. It's a favorite, and we thought it might be closed, but there was just nobody else going. We had the whole theater to ourselves, and they asked if we'd like to sit in the front row (beyond the rope LOL!) That was a first, so we agreed. Warning: you get a whole bunch of bear butt in your face when you sit in the front row and what's-her-name comes down from the ceiling on her swing! 🤣 Anyhoo, that experience (especially because I'm known for 14 years for saying to my husband in such situations: "Honey, I rented out the whole place just for us") was worth the price of admission, IMO.

We didn't stop for cavalcades, but when one was around, you could see how "not so dead" the place was. People came out of the woodwork. Otherwise, everyone was spread out enough to make it seem very empty. Anyway, just seeing the characters as they went by was fun.

By the end of the night, we could have done more. Seven Dwarfs is something we rarely do because we won't wait for it. It showed a relatively low wait time and we weren't far from it. But ultimately, it was 10 minutes to closing, and we thought it best (per usual) to get a head start on the crowd getting back, and make sure we picked up the pooch on time. So, we skipped it.

I could have done another 30 minutes to an hour - but that was our choice to hit dinner first, and I'm glad we did.

Overall, mission accomplished - MK at night, low crowds, less heat, less covid risk. Folks were mostly considerate and respectful. Been home since Tuesday and everyone is fine.

I would do that again before paying for a one-day MK daytime ticket in a heartbeat.

Chi84

Premium Member
Whoops, I never updated!

So we went to the Boo Bash on 8/27 (a Friday. Typically, I wouldn't choose a Friday, but it was the only day we could go.)

We didn't "do" it the way we may have normally done it; i.e. it wasn't about strategizing to get in as many rides as possible. We were going more for a feeling - specifically the feeling of being at the MK at night with low crowds. It's special at night. It's something we always enjoyed years ago, and has become difficult to come by naturally. Add to that: avoiding COVID.

Don't discount the benefit of just being there after dark in August/September. Less sweating = huge.

Although we could get in at 7, we were a little late, what with dropping off the dog at Best Friends Pet Care, parking, TTC, ferry, etc. The only things I wanted to do before the event began were: Carousel of Progress - because it's closed during the event and a favorite of mine, and also meet another WDWmagic friend for a quick hello.

The hello happened, the CoP did not. We got to it just a few minutes after 8, and for whatever reason, they had closed it at 8. Bummer, but I've been on it a zillion times. It's been a couple of years, but there's [presumably] always next time.

It was "double crowd" at this point, with the day people and the night people crossing paths, but it still wasn't crazy. Here's where we took a planned COVID-inspired detour: as previously mentioned, we had an ADR at Skipper Canteen at 8:50. We casually strolled over there, arrived a few minutes early, and sat in the chairs outside. I call it a COVID-inspired detour because it kept us out of the crowd. We had driven up that afternoon and were ready for a good meal and a drink or two to kick off the event. That all happened, everything was fab. Chakalaka wine in the house! (Loved it at Jiko and Tiffins, and then it was gone for a good while, so glad to see it back!)

We took our time with dinner, exiting after the day to night switchover was complete. We didn't bother trick or treating. DH is diabetic, and the only option (I think) was sugar free Werther's, and we've got plenty of those. I wasn't interested in the other stuff. We did get some popcorn, meant to get more, but it never happened. We looked for more at the end on our way out, but didn't happen to pass it (or it was gone.) We had a couple of waters, he had a diet whatever. When we couldn't find the popcorn at the end of the night, we got a Mickey bar, and he had a bite, and I had a couple of bites. So we experienced it without going overboard and didn't mind since we didn't "pay" for it. (I know, I know...wasting food.)

As for the attractions: most showed a 5 or 10 minute wait and were walk ons. HM showed a 20 minute wait but was still a walk on.

We didn't get through everything, but wanted to see some of the refurbs/enhancements like Jungle Cruise (first, after dinner, obviously) and IASW, plus Pirates, HM, etc.

A highlight was Country Bear Jamboree. It's a favorite, and we thought it might be closed, but there was just nobody else going. We had the whole theater to ourselves, and they asked if we'd like to sit in the front row (beyond the rope LOL!) That was a first, so we agreed. Warning: you get a whole bunch of bear butt in your face when you sit in the front row and what's-her-name comes down from the ceiling on her swing! 🤣 Anyhoo, that experience (especially because I'm known for 14 years for saying to my husband in such situations: "Honey, I rented out the whole place just for us") was worth the price of admission, IMO.

We didn't stop for cavalcades, but when one was around, you could see how "not so dead" the place was. People came out of the woodwork. Otherwise, everyone was spread out enough to make it seem very empty. Anyway, just seeing the characters as they went by was fun.

By the end of the night, we could have done more. Seven Dwarfs is something we rarely do because we won't wait for it. It showed a relatively low wait time and we weren't far from it. But ultimately, it was 10 minutes to closing, and we thought it best (per usual) to get a head start on the crowd getting back, and make sure we picked up the pooch on time. So, we skipped it.

I could have done another 30 minutes to an hour - but that was our choice to hit dinner first, and I'm glad we did.

Overall, mission accomplished - MK at night, low crowds, less heat, less covid risk. Folks were mostly considerate and respectful. Been home since Tuesday and everyone is fine.

I would do that again before paying for a one-day MK daytime ticket in a heartbeat.
Thanks for posting! We have tickets for October 24 and are so looking forward to MK at night. We were hoping to get Cali Grill for an early dinner but apparently they still haven't released reservations for that date.

mcamuso

They’re all sold out but it seems that tickets have been available most days, day of. My question is, does anyone know if there’s a way to find out if they are available without heading to MK and if there’s somewhere else, like a Disney ticket desk at a hotel or other park to purchase them? Thanks in advance.

JohnD

Whoops, I never updated!

Thanks for the info. As you know I’m there for 50th. Was going to leave 10/5 then Boo Bash was released. So going to Boo Bash night of 10/5 with checkout on 10/6. Originally had opportunities for LTT and Skipper Canteen after 7 but decided I would be pushing it. Instead have an ADR at Grand Floridian at 6. Then can leisurely enter MK after 7 when done for dinner. (BTW, have breakfast at Boma at 10:40. 10/5 is my “wild card” day. Likely to drive to TTC afterward and park in preferred, spend the day in Epcot, then return by monorail to GF for dinner and Boo Bash. Return to car in TTC lot afterward.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom