Disney After Hours BOO BASH

CntrlFlPete

Glad to see crowds staying low. We’ll be there this Friday!

we went on Friday (8/20). We feel it was what we were expecting (time in the MK when it is not so hot and queues are not so long. Honestly, there were more folks there than I thought would be there (had memories of a Pirates and Princesses party floating around).

It certainly was nice to have the option of jumping on things like the speedway or Pan. We hadn't been on the mine train prior, so we did that while the park was still open. Wait time was posted at 50 and we were on in around 30 minutes.

During the 'party', I do not think we waited more than 10 minutes for anything we attempted to ride. We only saw one cavalcade (by happening upon it) but they seemed to draw decent crowds. Also, the lines seemed decent all night at any of the location with a photopass photographer set up.

Tony the Tigger

we went on Friday (8/20). We feel it was what we were expecting (time in the MK when it is not so hot and queues are not so long. Honestly, there were more folks there than I thought would be there (had memories of a Pirates and Princesses party floating around).

It certainly was nice to have the option of jumping on things like the speedway or Pan. We hadn't been on the mine train prior, so we did that while the park was still open. Wait time was posted at 50 and we were on in around 30 minutes.

During the 'party', I do not think we waited more than 10 minutes for anything we attempted to ride. We only saw one cavalcade (by happening upon it) but they seemed to draw decent crowds. Also, the lines seemed decent all night at any of the location with a photopass photographer set up.
Thank you for sharing! Sounds perfect.

mattpeto

Thank you for sharing! Sounds perfect.
After careful consideration, we are keeping the Labor Day trip and Boo Bash Sunday night.

The main goal of this visit was to see HEA before it twinkles away (imagine that @marni1971, right?). Instead of watching it on our Boo Bash night, we will enjoy HEA the night prior. This will allow us steamroll Boo Bash attractions while crowds get into position to watch HEA before and after. BB crowds have really looked fantastic…

durangojim

I’ve seen reports on Twitter that same day tickets are frequently available in the afternoon. Has this been the case for all dates so far?

CntrlFlPete

here are some pics from 8/20. During the party, our waits for rides averaged around 10 minutes. It was 12:15 when we were heading out (party ended at 12:30.

bb1.jpg
bbtomorrowL.jpg
bbleaving.jpg

Casper Gutman

I’d love a detailed history of party crowds, because back when I went regularly, pre-2015, 10 minutes or less seemed pretty standard - and now it’s worth paying twice as much with no shows or parades? When did the crowds explode? Which years? How bad did it get?

Figments Friend

I would say over the last five years I noticed a real surge in crowds going to the MNSSHP events.
Having attended several over the years, that is about the time I started to notice there being far more people in attendence.
I often would visit the same week each trip, so it wasn't a case of just going during a busier time.

I remember the first four or five parties I did being great....not huge crowds, and short lines.
This is around 2005/2006/2007 if I'm remembering correctly.
Only long lines tended to be for the rarer character meetings, and naturally people would gather for the parades and fireworks.
But not in the masses I experienced the last two years I attended Halloween Parties (2018 and 2019 ).
Those last two years were very crowded the nights I went, and I purposely picked Tuesday's to avoid the higher attendence.
The last year for me was too crowded...as it really started to effect the quality of the experience of just seeing the entertainment.

But my earlier MNSSHP experiences were terrific.
Loved those events.
Attractions back then were for the most part walk on during the parties, or maybe ten minutes.
Space Mountain tended to be 20 minutes most of the night...slipping to 10 mins during the last hour.
The Park would empty out around 10pm...many families with small children would call it a night and leave.
That gave you two hours of sheer nighttime bliss at the MK.
Reminded me of the old 'E-Ticket' Nights I used to attend.
Parties ended at midnight, with the shops and counter service dining spots on Main Street open for another hour.
Good times.

-

Last edited:

homerdance

We attended the 8/17 party and it felt very similar to every other DAH event we have attended with the addition of cavalcades, candy, and distanced m&gs. It was worth the discounted price we paid. 15 minutes for 7DMT was our longest wait (posted 25). The only real complaint I have is the fireworks end at 9ish and 1/2 hour doesn’t really allow for a full park emptying as it used too. We got all the rides we wanted to get done, ate some ice cream, pop corn, interacted with chip and dale, the Pooh characters and others.

I am not sure I would pay $199 for this, well actually I am sure I would not, but it was fun for sure. I am also amazed at the number of people who wait in 20 minute lines to get free pop and ice cream at these events. Mind boggling

Also, for those attending, my advice would be to get away from the hub when you get there to avoid the crowds of the fireworks. If you want to watch the fireworks find a spot that you can easily exit away from Main Street into the park. We watched ny crystal palace and went directly away from the madness.

Edit to add: comparing this to an old party just isn’t possible because it just isn’t the same. The parties had gotten to be overcrowded rare character/shopping events with unique fireworks and parades. Those things just don’t work in 2021 COVID times. Distanced character interactions kind of suck but are what have to happen. Cavalcades aren’t parades but offer a flavor of parades. This is not a bad option from my point of view for a COVID impacted event.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Edit to add: comparing this to an old party just isn’t possible because it just isn’t the same. The parties had gotten to be overcrowded rare character/shopping events with unique fireworks and parades. Those things just don’t work in 2021 COVID times. Distanced character interactions kind of suck but are what have to happen. Cavalcades aren’t parades but offer a flavor of parades. This is not a bad option from my point of view for a COVID impacted event.
I mean, it seems like the parties got overcrowded fairly recently because Disney WANTED them to be overcrowded. And Covid seems to be an excuse here, as it so many other places at modern WDW. Disney isn't taking real steps that might limit the spread, such as capping park attendance, an alternative Chapek happily rejected about a week ago. Covid instead seems to serve as a way for WDW to skyrocket prices, cut services, and delay ride openings.

The Covid excuse also confuses me a bit. It seems that the things that were supposedly cut for safety - parades, shows and fireworks - are outdoor events that, particularly with a reasonable attendance limit such as the parties had pre-2015 or so, are not particularly risky. Far riskier, in my understanding, are indoor rides and attractions, which are running with most vehicles or seats full even if the lines are short.

Finally, I'm confused by the distanced character thing. Since, as far as I understand the current wisdom, the dangers of surface transmission are very, very low, why are outdoor meet and greets a particular danger? If guests are asked to wear masks, the line is distanced, and the performer and attendant vaxxed, the risk seems very low.

Overlordkitty

Another angle of guest services (we were not in line). We received a push notification from the app I think around 11 providing us with a day pass that is good for a year.

Something happened in the 8pm hour during the storm. We were on pirates when they had "technical issues" and got evacuated, it was about 9pm when we got out. The disney experience app also went down around the same time.

Attachments

• 20210825_002841.jpg
    20210825_002841.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

drizgirl

Another angle of guest services (we were not in line). We received a push notification from the app I think around 11 providing us with a day pass that is good for a year.

Something happened in the 8pm hour during the storm. We were on pirates when they had "technical issues" and got evacuated, it was about 9pm when we got out. The disney experience app also went down around the same time.
That’s worth, what, $15 if you’re on a multi day ticket already and not coming back within a year?

Overlordkitty

That’s worth, what, $15 if you’re on a multi day ticket already and not coming back within a year?
There's no way we can use it, and I'm disappointed that this didn't turn out how the first couple were reported. But I also know that I'm going to central Florida in their monsoon season. I will probably talk to someone, see if I can trade it for something we can use, but at that point at 12:30 in the morning, no good is going to come from waiting another hour plus to yell at a CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom