Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Mickey2021

Let's talk the absence of the parade last night. What a scam!

Given the fact that crowds are allowed to gather every night for HEA and large crowds formed for around 15 minutes before each cavalcade last night, we know for sure Disney does not care about crowds forming for a parade. So why run cavalcades instead of a full parade? It seems obvious to me and at this point and is such a slap in the face to the fans.

At the event last night I think most people would agree to two things:
1. Although some people are willing to pay the price, the amount of time you got at the party was very limited for that dollar amount.
2. The cavalcades were the biggest party "event" that took place last night given that there were no fireworks or castle stage show.

Now I admit cavalcades can be nice during the day when you randomly have one go by without having to wait for them. That is not what happened last night. Given they were one of the only things to do, people starting forming a crowd well before each cavalcade and had to wait around 15 minutes to get a decent view.

So why have cavalcades instead of a parade?
1. To save money of course. With only one cavalcade out at a time Disney could use the same group of around 10 cast members to perform all of the different roles of each themed section. Rather than employ around 5 times the number of cast members for a full parade they can just make a small group perform a different role every 20 minutes. How cheap of Disney!
2. This keeps everyone from realizing there is nothing else to do. If you wanted to see all of cavalcades last night you basically had to stand around for 15 minutes prior to the first one. Once that one ended the next would come about 20-30 minutes later, meaning you basically just had to keep your spot in the crowd and not do anything else. This took over half the party time to complete. To sum this point up, the cavalcades are nothing more than a parade that has been broken apart into smaller somewhat continuous sections with some of the elements missing.

These changes make it obvious that Disney has no reason for this switch except to charge A LOT MORE FOR LESS AS USUAL.

Lil Copter Cap

Of course it was low crowds. That was the idea right?

The first event night sold out initially and suspiciously never had its capacity increased like all the other event nights. (Except for Halloween night)

Almost as if they knew all the social media influencers and bloggers would be there and wanted to put on a good show for them.
Oop. You're not wrong. I was pleasantly surprised at reports about the crowds last night. But you could be on to something about capacity limits being raised for dates that will not be as heavily covered by social media/vloggers/influencers...

Not to start a conspiracy theory. 🥲

drizgirl

Given the fact that crowds are allowed to gather every night for HEA and large crowds formed for around 15 minutes before each cavalcade last night, we know for sure Disney does not care about crowds forming for a parade. So why run cavalcades instead of a full parade? It seems obvious to me and at this point and is such a slap in the face to the fans.

1. Although some people are willing to pay the price, the amount of time you got at the party was very limited for that dollar amount.
2. The cavalcades were the biggest party "event" that took place last night given that there were no fireworks or castle stage show.

Now I admit cavalcades can be nice during the day when you randomly have one go by without having to wait for them. That is not what happened last night. Given they were one of the only things to do, people starting forming a crowd well before each cavalcade and had to wait around 15 minutes to get a decent view.

1. To save money of course. With only one cavalcade out at a time Disney could use the same group of around 10 cast members to perform all of the different roles of each themed section. Rather than employ around 5 times the number of cast members for a full parade they can just make a small group perform a different role every 20 minutes. How cheap of Disney!
2. This keeps everyone from realizing there is nothing else to do. If you wanted to see all of cavalcades last night you basically had to stand around for 15 minutes prior to the first one. Once that one ended the next would come about 20-30 minutes later, meaning you basically just had to keep your spot in the crowd and not do anything else. This took over half the party time to complete. To sum this point up, the cavalcades are nothing more than a parade that has been broken apart into smaller somewhat continuous sections with some of the elements missing.

These changes make it obvious that Disney has no reason for this switch except to charge A LOT MORE FOR LESS AS USUAL.
Well, if you run a parade for a paid event, then you sort of don't have cover to no longer have a parade every day, right?

mm52200

I agree with all of your points however I will state that each cavalcade does have its own cast, same for daily ops. However they still use a significantly less number of performers, drivers, etc.

Mickey2021

I agree with all of your points however I will state that each cavalcade does have its own cast, same for daily ops. However they still use a significantly less number of performers, drivers, etc.
That's good to know. I figured face characters are different, of course they could put them in a costume for the other floats. Are they using the same drivers or different ones for each float? There would be no reason to have a different driver for each section.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Photo gallery of last night's Disney After Horus BOO BASH

Disney-After-Hours-BOO-BASH_Full_43448.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

jrhwdw

IDK..........Part of me feels lucky that we got HEA and Boo Bash last night. With COVID Delta running around and who the heck knows if that’s the end of COVID or there's more after Delta???

The other part of me wishes the fire worked the whole route(last night could be a fluke I know) HEA is better but. IDK why they can't add Not So Spooky at the end of the night like what MK is doing with Minnie's for Christmas.

Wendy Pleakley

This isn't a Halloween party,

It's an After Hours event with some Halloween touches thrown in.

People who spent half their time waiting for a cavalcade made an odd choice to do something that isn't a primary feature of the event (attractions with minimal wait times).

Lil Copter Cap

I don't want to water this down to Disney "lucked" out with making the decision to implement a Halloween themed After Hours event, but this was genuinely a smart move with where Florida is currently at in their numbers for the virus.

I think with a lot of unknowns still at play, Disney did the right thing this time around (even if it means they were trying to save $$ on labor & offerings).

ne4now

That's it?!?!?!?
We are going in October for our 1st "Halloween trip" that has been re-scheduled twice and has gone up in price more than 20% overall.
I could care less about parades/cavalcades but no ride overlays, castle show or anything?
This "long weekend" trip is costing me more than a 7 day RC balcony cruise on one of the biggest ships in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom