Disney After Hours BOO BASH

RonAnnArbor

I think you are grossly misestimating the ticket sales for a sold-out night at Boo Bash. MNSSHP has historically been one of their best-selling evening events. Entire families and friends groups book resorts to go specifically for the costume party, and I suspect the same thing has happened for this year. While Halloween night itself is sold out, none of the other nights are sold out. But more importantly, my friend who is very high up in the call center reported that they sold "hundreds of thousands" of Boo Bash tickets this past week and that there have only been a handful of people on calls, making waits 4 hours or longer - but people STILL stayed on the phone to reserve their tickets. Regular tickets go on sale on the 15th -- and I am sure even Halloween night will have plenty of extra tickets set aside for high rollers, DVC members, Club 33 members, etc. If anyone thinks they will have 5000 people in the park you are just grossly misestimating the amount. I would guess more around 20,000. The past few MNSSHP have had upwards of 30,000 per night. If people think they will have no wait for rides, just, well, forget it. You're going to be in line for a long long time to do one or two rides without shows and parades to disperse the crowd.

ToTBellHop

I think you are grossly misestimating the ticket sales for a sold-out night at Boo Bash. MNSSHP has historically been one of their best-selling evening events. Entire families and friends groups book resorts to go specifically for the costume party, and I suspect the same thing has happened for this year. While Halloween night itself is sold out, none of the other nights are sold out. But more importantly, my friend who is very high up in the call center reported that they sold "hundreds of thousands" of Boo Bash tickets this past week and that there have only been a handful of people on calls, making waits 4 hours or longer - but people STILL stayed on the phone to reserve their tickets. Regular tickets go on sale on the 15th -- and I am sure even Halloween night will have plenty of extra tickets set aside for high rollers, DVC members, Club 33 members, etc. If anyone thinks they will have 5000 people in the park you are just grossly misestimating the amount. I would guess more around 20,000. The past few MNSSHP have had upwards of 30,000 per night.
LOL.

No.

Hundreds of thousands out of a call center in 3 1/2 days? Your friend needs a CT scan.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think you are grossly misestimating the ticket sales for a sold-out night at Boo Bash. MNSSHP has historically been one of their best-selling evening events. Entire families and friends groups book resorts to go specifically for the costume party, and I suspect the same thing has happened for this year. While Halloween night itself is sold out, none of the other nights are sold out. But more importantly, my friend who is very high up in the call center reported that they sold "hundreds of thousands" of Boo Bash tickets this past week and that there have only been a handful of people on calls, making waits 4 hours or longer - but people STILL stayed on the phone to reserve their tickets. Regular tickets go on sale on the 15th -- and I am sure even Halloween night will have plenty of extra tickets set aside for high rollers, DVC members, Club 33 members, etc. If anyone thinks they will have 5000 people in the park you are just grossly misestimating the amount. I would guess more around 20,000. The past few MNSSHP have had upwards of 30,000 per night.
I think those numbers a bit high. I would expect to see a sold out night feel similar to the previous After Hours, which were significantly lower attending than Halloween party nights.

RonAnnArbor

I think those numbers a bit high. I would expect to see a sold out night feel similar to the previous After Hours, which were significantly lower attending than Halloween party nights.
This is not a previous after hours party. They've had trouble selling tickets to previous after hours parties.

RonAnnArbor

I live literally three minutes away from Walt Disney World and I see what happens there from night to night. Almost all my neighbors work for Disney (I do not). Above and beyond general post hours events, there are a lot of people locally who have normally had annual passes who haven't stepped into the parks since last March who plan to purchase Boo Bash tickets, and are even planning staycations as their local Disney event this year. All of these things have a trickle effect. I know I just got an HOA notice about reserving a block of rooms specifically for one of the Boo Bash nights. We will never know the number of tickets sold, but anyone who thinks they are going to have only 5000 people there are grossly misinformed. Estimating a median ticket cost at 5000 people, they would be making less than 700,000 an evening -- there isn't a chance in heck of them running an event without making at least three to 4 times that per event.

Wendy Pleakley

I live literally three minutes away from Walt Disney World and I see what happens there from night to night. Almost all my neighbors work for Disney (I do not). Above and beyond general post hours events, there are a lot of people locally who have normally had annual passes who haven't stepped into the parks since last March who plan to purchase Boo Bash tickets, and are even planning staycations as their local Disney event this year. All of these things have a trickle effect. I know I just got an HOA notice about reserving a block of rooms specifically for one of the Boo Bash nights. We will never know the number of tickets sold, but anyone who thinks they are going to have only 5000 people there are grossly misinformed. Estimating a median ticket cost at 5000 people, they would be making less than 700,000 an evening -- there isn't a chance in heck of them running an event without making at least three to 4 times that per event.

Whether or not lots of people are "planning" to go is irrelevant. If it's sold out, they aren't going.

"There isn't a chance of them running such an event", except they have run many After Hours events.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, it is nonsense. They didn’t sell “hundreds of thousands” of tickets in 3 days from a call center. C’mon.
Indeed. If "hundreds of thousands' is, at minimum, 200k; then with 23 dates, they've already sold 8.7k tickets per night on average.

At 300k sold, that's 13k per night already.

havoc315

In 3 days. Using the call center. With resort guests, only. At $129-199/tickets. It’s not believable.

It's not hundreds of thousands, duh.

But it is indeed pretty unbelievable that they would start to sell out any nights, with just resort guests, with the call center, with hours on hold...
Even selling 5,000 for Halloween night already to just resort guests is quite incredible.

Lilofan

This is not a previous after hours party. They've had trouble selling tickets to previous after hours parties.
The worst and never again free after hours event at DHS occurred almost 17 years ago. There was a Villains after hours event that was included with the price of an all day ticket. DHS was completely overwhelmed by the hordes of guests and Buena Vista Drive was gridlock for approx 8 hours with guests having difficulty trying to get in/out of the DHS parking lots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom