Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Jrb1979

It’s not the same to my children. I can’t really put a price tag on my kids getting dressed up in the park. Trick or treating last year was done from inside a car. This will be a significant change for my kids who’ve largely had a year of childhood stolen. Buying a bag of candy at Walmart isn’t the same.

Upshot for us is our kids will be almost 9. A night in the park with short waits and candy sounds perfect to them, and I expect we will see fireworks before the event in October.

Wife and I are already planning our costumes lol
I can understand that kind of. It's different for me as my child is only a 1 year old. I do have 2 nieces that are 10 and 11 but they would rather go to our regional park and trick or treat there. It's mainly due to that they love roller coasters.

ToTBellHop

I can understand that kind of. It's different for me as my child is only a 1 year old. I do have 2 nieces that are 10 and 11 but they would rather go to our regional park and trick or treat there. It's mainly due to that they love roller coasters.
I’m sure in a few years, my kids will prefer HHN. Way too scary for them right now, though. We are at the “eyes open for most of Mummy” phase lol

Dad 2 M & M

I expect them to sell like crazy too. I meant that since they're selling this as an after hours event not a party, and selling it as a way to ride with short wait times, I'm hoping it means they don't sell as many tickets. Like, there aren't as many tickets available to buy. They let less people in the park.
If they cap at the old DAH numbers, ALL of the nights WILL sell out .... within days of release....

and hopefully, they’ll MAGICALLY add more nights and or expand to other Parks

Dad 2 M & M

That’s what I’m talking about

the “market” is high end speculation/horse trading now...

the ties to production, jobs, spending, etc.are minimal if any

that report was a good thing...especially when talking about Disney

stay tuned
We’re on the same page...

By the way....impressive “Like” you received a couple of pages back....did not go unnoticed

Dad 2 M & M

It’s not the same to my children. I can’t really put a price tag on my kids getting dressed up in the park. Trick or treating last year was done from inside a car. This will be a significant change for my kids who’ve largely had a year of childhood stolen. Buying a bag of candy at Walmart isn’t the same.

Upshot for us is our kids will be almost 9. A night in the park with short waits and candy sounds perfect to them, and I expect we will see fireworks before the event in October.

Wife and I are already planning our costumes lol
Surprised anyone replied to the OP’s post....Starbucks wouldn’t exist with the OP’s “logic”

Dad 2 M & M

They know they can get away with it.

What really blows my mind is people paying what will probably be close to the same as a day ticket for 3 hours of low wait times. Why not just hand your bank card to Disney?
You realise you are saying they can move the prices even higher, further reduce the offerings

That’s the horror in this as many are giving Disney that type of compliment

what a position Disney is in....

Jrb1979

You realise you are saying they can move the prices even higher, further reduce the offerings

That’s the horror in this as many are giving Disney that type of compliment

what a position Disney is in....
It's what is exactly happening and it's why I'm so critical of them. It bugs me to hear " I may not like it but I am going to go anyway". It amazes me how people accept everything Disney does. " Here Mickey take my wallet"

Dad 2 M & M

It's what is exactly happening and it's why I'm so critical of them. It bugs me to hear " I may not like it but I am going to go anyway". It amazes me how people accept everything Disney does. " Here Mickey take my wallet"
I hear ya, agree for the most part

Many say the buzzword/catch phrases “Greedy” and “maximising shareholder profits “ ..... they’re Greedy, right? Maximising shareholder profit, right?

Why is Disney NOT charging more if they can?

Jrb1979

I hear ya, agree for the most part

Many say the buzzword/catch phrases “Greedy” and “maximising shareholder profits “ ..... they’re Greedy, right? Maximising shareholder profit, right?

Why is Disney NOT charging more if they can?
It's not just charging more it's also offering less.

Dad 2 M & M

They might eventually. I believe they are trying to find that sweet spot. They have been slowly going in that direction. I'm guessing you don't agree?
Not in the absolute....being overly simplistic, at least in the short term

my issue is the “because they can” and the way that phrase is thrown around.

That says BEFORE they cut offerings, and or raised prices they were under-charging and or offering more than they had too....

people seem to think Disney has a permanent home on the Inelastic region of the Demand Curve....

Jrb1979

Not in the absolute....being overly simplistic, at least in the short term

my issue is the “because they can” and the way that phrase is thrown around.

That says BEFORE they cut offerings, and or raised prices they were under-charging and or offering more than they had too....

people seem to think Disney has a permanent home on the Inelastic region of the Demand Curve....
I disagree. They have been slowly getting rid of streetmosphere and I highly doubt much is coming back. Magic Express is gone for good and being replaced by Mears with a paid option. They have been slowly cutting a lot of perks for no reason other then they can. While people may complain about it they still keep handing over their wallet.

Dad 2 M & M

I disagree. They have been slowly getting rid of streetmosphere and I highly doubt much is coming back. Magic Express is gone for good and being replaced by Mears with a paid option. They have been slowly cutting a lot of perks for no reason other then they can. While people may complain about it they still keep handing over their wallet.
They were giving more than they had to at a lower price, correct?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
They were giving more than they had to at a lower price, correct?

I think the issue isn't the inherent value of the offering. It's that Disney used to have a standard where they over-gave because it was about the magic and imagination and experience. Disney magic organically happened and it wasn't something you had to make yourself or pay for. It's not actually about the money.

HarperRose

Not to mention Fastpass, which more than likely will never be free again.

Dad 2 M & M

I think the issue isn't the inherent value of the offering. It's that Disney used to have a standard where they over-gave because it was about the magic and imagination and experience. Disney magic organically happened and it wasn't something you had to make yourself or pay for. It's not actually about the money.
I think that’s it

As far as Disney goes we’ve NEVER seen the other guy in Orlando as competition; they were NEVER the same experience as Disney.

To your point, I’d have to say Current Disney vs ANY past Disney would lose easily. The issue is Current Disney is STILL superior to the other guy down there.

I get the passion peeps have when cuts are made as Disney has set such a high standard....

Well done

**edit**You know Disney had it goin on when removing Magical Express and Fastpass are met with heartburn....those two perks received sooo much negative attention for years and years. We definitely had a few bad experiences on or with both, but the did still add a positive to the Experience.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom