Disney After Hours BOO BASH

homerdance

One dvc member who travels all the time to WDW selling to someone who uses it more to visit Hilton head, vero, or Hawaii is one scenario
That makes no difference, literally. The DVC units at WDW still have and will have close to 100% occupancy rates regardless of one contract.

If you are selling during a pandemic because the party announcement isn't what you want it to be, you probably shouldn't have bought into DVC to begin with.

Last edited:

pixarprincess

I know a ton of people in these threads visit Disney multiple times a year but most of us don't. We rescheduled our May 2020 trip for late October and this is amazing for us. We're only there for four days because of work schedules. MK is always so crowded we weren't going to prioritize it. With this ticket we can get shorter lines, do some favorite rides, and not lose critical hours at DHS or EPCOT.

Now if they want to add an AK DAH I'd be thrilled. Pandora at night? Count me in.

dreday3

I know a ton of people in these threads visit Disney multiple times a year but most of us don't. We rescheduled our May 2020 trip for late October and this is amazing for us. We're only there for four days because of work schedules. MK is always so crowded we weren't going to prioritize it. With this ticket we can get shorter lines, do some favorite rides, and not lose critical hours at DHS or EPCOT.

Now if they want to add an AK DAH I'd be thrilled. Pandora at night? Count me in.

This is very true. We only go every few years haven't been since 2017. I will take this, if this is all they can give at the moment.

I will plan for masks in October, but be pleasantly surprised if only required indoors by October.

dreday3

Did I read that tickets go on sale first for on-site guests? (select Disney Hotels/Resorts)

(my progression from being somewhat disappointed a couple hours ago to now plotting to be ready to buy tickets is amazingly fast, even for me :D)

homerdance

selling DVC...like selling park tickets and hotel rooms...is designed as a way to encourage the ancillary, much higher profit stuff. It’s a gateway drug.

selling DVC won’t hurt them...but losing someone that had gone 3x a year and spends on food, drink and crap to the tune of $2000-$5000 a week and replacing them with one who goes once for Christmas cause they’re trained to be “linear”....would ultimately hurt in numbers
Agree to Disagree. If someone who is going 3x a year, they aren't as profitable as the person who is going 1 time a year. The number of points is finite, so if the points used to book 1 week at Christmas = 3x during the year, the most likely scenario is that the other 3x a year are being used by one of the 60 million other points owned by someone else.

Based on the DVC resale trend, prices are up which means demand is higher then those disgruntled party lite haters who are selling.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
At least there will be return to normal at WDW in seven months left until a Christmas event will be back to normal with no masks, no social distancing, return of fireworks, shows, and more!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agree to Disagree. If someone who is going 3x a year, they aren't as profitable as the person who is going 1 time a year. The number of points is finite, so if the points used to book 1 week at Christmas = 3x during the year, the most likely scenario is that the other 3x a year are being used by one of the 60 million other points owned by someone else.

Based on the DVC resale trend, prices are up which means demand is higher then those disgruntled party lite haters who are selling.
None of that resale nonsense addresses anything about what’s in it for Disney...only new direct sales would.

I worked with DVC to an extent...in the numbers...
I also worked with the original GM.

it is what it is...not some weird newfangled “financial matrix” rethunk 40 years later. At least not the fundamentals.

pdude81

So, for those of us visiting in August with no interest in this event, does anyone think it should it impact our planning at all? Obviously MK won't be open after 9pm on party days (not that it was likely to be open after 10pm in late August anyway), and it will be more crowded after 7pm on party days, but would I be correct in assuming that there's really no reason to change around any of my park reservations or ADRs in reaction to this (assuming I even could, by the time they announce the party dates)?
When they closed at 6pm, the party nights were the best days to go to MK early. So many fewer people were planning to go so the first hour of park opening was incredible. Couple that with early fastpasses and refreshing quickly and you could do half the park by noon. I can't say how this will go though given that they have regular hours. I sure wouldn't hop to MK unless I had a party ticket though. I'm not sure that I'll let the parties impact my early park those days at all based on the initial announcement.

acup313

With the way this is stated do you think it’s safe to assume that the first one will be on August 10th? We have a trip scheduled to end on the 9th but I may shift it back a couple days for this.

Jrb1979

My family actually prefers this (based on what ticket prices will be) the kids just want to dress up, get candy, and go on some attractions. They don’t really care for the parade or fireworks in my case, so they’re still excited to go. I personally like the OG party and hope it returns next year. They’re in a tricky situation, a lot can change between now and September, all while they’re still trying to open more stores restaurants and resorts and find the staff to do it. We’re still getting back to normal give them a break.
Wonderland in Toronto has a great trick or treat thing for the kids plus characters dressed up for Halloween and the bonus it's included with your day pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom