Disney After Hours BOO BASH

tcool123

I’m very disappointed in this news.
It sounds like exactly what we got last October for FREE but now it’s going to be behind a paywall? Disney’s greed is showing. Honestly wouldn’t be as bad if it wasnt only 9 to 12. Hopefully more info comes out to make this event sound better cause this sounds like a SCAM.

dreday3

I’m so excited for the Boo Bash! I’m not a firework or parade person so anything lacking in that department doesn’t bother me. After hour events are my favorite, so I’m really pumped for a little more of a normal experience :)

I'm definitely sitting here probably talking myself into it! :D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Except those party hours used to be normal hours before Di$ney found another way to make money

yeah...that’s as red herring as it gets: “people aren’t getting kicked out”

in 1986 in October...when crowds were low because nobody traveled...yes.

not now...they’re withholding reasonable hours to drive and sell after hours.

I love when people say “it’s a business...not a charity...” and in the next breath assume altruistic intentions

ToTBellHop

I’m very disappointed in this news.
It sounds like exactly what we got last October for FREE but now it’s going to be behind a paywall? Disney’s greed is showing. Honestly wouldn’t be as bad if it wasnt only 9 to 12. Hopefully more info comes out to make this event sound better cause this sounds like a SCAM.
The only thing that really surprises me is the decision to exclude fireworks—the rest is in line with what I was expecting. I’m not a huge fan of Not So Spooky so if they still show the 50th fireworks for all in October and ticket holders can stay late for rides, I am not terribly upset.

I get the company not wanting parties with 25k people and I guess they decided it isn’t reasonable to pay for the full entertainment package for less than 10k people.

What was that 25th MNSSHP logo?

homerdance

Agreed. I know several dvc members who used to go all the time but are watching to see what Disney becomes and have mentioned possibly even selling their membership if it loses what it once was
Selling DVC membership/ownership does nothing to Disney's bottom line. The points have already been sold by Disney, they will still collect yearly dues. I just don't get the entire mindset of people who think selling their DVC points have any impact on Disney.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The Hallowishes fireworks aren't that great. But I would love if Happily Ever After came back 🥰🥰
posts brian GIF

Squishy

The only thing that really surprises me is the decision to exclude fireworks—the rest is in line with what I was expecting. I’m not a huge fan of Not So Spooky so if they still show the 50th fireworks for all in October and ticket holders can stay late for rides, I am not terribly upset.

I get the company not wanting parties with 25k people and I guess they decided it isn’t reasonable to pay for the full entertainment package for less than 10k people.

What was that 25th MNSSHP logo?
So HEA returning is now being called "the 50th fireworks" ? 🤨

ToTBellHop

So HEA returning is now being called "the 50th fireworks" ? 🤨
I’m purposely being vague until I can confirm HEA is actually the show. There were concerns over how hub-centric it is. But some sort of 50th firework show is being planned. Disney will announce when they feel like announcing.

Personally, I’d be happy with a night that started with 50th fireworks followed by snacks and super short ride lines at night. It’s like E-Ride Nights but 10x more expensive.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Selling DVC membership/ownership does nothing to Disney's bottom line. The points have already been sold by Disney, they will still collect yearly dues. I just don't get the entire mindset of people who think selling their DVC points have any impact on Disney.
One dvc member who travels all the time to WDW selling to someone who uses it more to visit Hilton head, vero, or Hawaii is one scenario

danv3

One other bonus to an After Hours Halloween event is that it should dramatically reduce lines for candy or character meets vs a party size crowd.
How many candy stops do you expect there will be as compared to MNSSHP? I'll go out on a limb and say a whole lot fewer.

And at least at present they've only promised character "sightings" not meets.

jt04

Now they need to roll this out to other parks as some have mentioned. I'm all for these type tickets until APs return. Ultimately it depends on if they are priced fairly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom