Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Touchdown

So, for those of us visiting in August with no interest in this event, does anyone think it should it impact our planning at all? Obviously MK won't be open after 9pm on party days (not that it was likely to be open after 10pm in late August, at the very latest, anyway), and it will be more crowded after 7pm on party days, but would I be correct in assuming that there's really no reason to change around any of my park reservations or ADRs in reaction to this (assuming I even could, by the time they announce the party dates)?
DAH has never had the crowds in the past to make a difference. Also 9pm is late enough for fireworks (not to mention that they are delaying it to 9:30 in Aug/Sept seems to heavily imply a firework show.)

castlecake2.0

so yes?

you need to answer the “six degrees of Kevin bacon” question on this one.

hard to be objective about “the company”...
Very hard. Tends to be fringe extremes.

the nametag is worn far too close to the heart and not nearly close enough to the brain.
yes I work for “the company”, doesn’t mean I love everything it does, you can find just as many posts on here of me not agreeing or liking things, but this just happens to not be one of them. I am not happy about tattoos and nail polish, the state of world showcase, the back side of Rat, most of the Wish...

but after hours halloween isn’t bothering me.
And now I have to add this so I don’t get in trouble:

“these are my own thoughts and I do not speak on behalf of TWDC”

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Underpromise and over deliver, but call it magic when over delivering. But really, it'd be foolhardy to promise fireworks or shows when those things are easier to add than take away. Maybe the event is plussed if things continue to improve but I'd agree it seems unlikely.

I'm curious if the start time is at all related to the 50th, as in there's maybe some unannounced daily evening show that is being prioritized for guests to be able to experience over this slimmed down Halloween party? Starting in October MK tickets should be hot and perhaps difficult to acquire, making it more difficult to tell someone to just visit another day when the park isn't closing early at 7pm (like argued prepandemic). And yes, it wouldn't be until October and Boo Bash starts in August but this seems likely to be date priced. If be a harder pill to swallow if starting at a cheaper price and running 5 hours in August/September but going up in price for less time in October.

Markiewong

What if... the parade becomes part of the regular Halloween/Christmas entertainment like every other Disney resort in the world and the parties are never coming back. Instead they are only going to host Halloween en Christmas themed after hours events because people are more willing to spend money on significant lower wait times instead of entertainment. (Thats an assumption but looking at how bad the waiting times tend to get in WDW)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From Disney's website:

Calling All Boys and Ghouls!​

The moon looms large overhead, casting Cinderella Castle in a spectral glow. The gates close, the clock strikes and boys and ghouls come out to play.

A new special event is brewing this Halloween season at Magic Kingdom park—Disney After Hours BOO BASH! Join this ghostly gathering offering music, decorations, attractions and oh-so-eerie entertainment.

Get in the spooky spirit with Halloween-themed cavalcades. Indulge your sweet tooth at candy stops throughout the park. See some of your favorite and fiendish Disney friends as they lurk about, from Dr. Facilier and Captain Barbosa, to Goofy and Chip 'n' Dale. Stop and listen to the Cadaver Dans during their special comeback (from the dead) performance. And enjoy themed offerings, from sweet treats to savory delights.

Disney After Hours BOO BASH will take place on select nights from August 10 through October 31. Tickets for this event will go on sale next month, so continue to check for updates. Disney After Hours BOO BASH tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom park as early as 7:00 PM without the need for a day park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation, giving you time to enjoy even more fun.

Event Highlights
This hauntingly happy Halloween event is sure to be spook-tacular! Highlights include:
  • Halloween-themed cavalcades
  • Candy stops, with plenty of sweet surprises
  • Character sightings throughout the park
  • Special performances by the Cadaver Dans
  • Attractions, including favorites like Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain
  • Themed food and beverages available for purchase
  • Special décor, lighting, music and more!
Plus, Disney After Hours BOO BASH offers low wait times at some of your favorite attractions at Magic Kingdom park.

Dress in Your Boo-tiful Best
Guests young, old and immortal can don a costume for the occasion. Before you go, please review our dress code and costume guidelines.

Surferboy567

Exactly so this is basically paying (again) for more hours
Exactly, this however doesn’t just mean MK. Every park has these short hours and has had it for a while. MK has always been the park with the longer hours but I would want to see the other parks be open later at night. Not for an event, just to be open. EPCOT sort of has extended hours but nothing to the extent of what MK had.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've always liked After Hours. You can ride three times as many rides in three hours than you could all day at the park. Plus, it's in the cool of the night.

Also, since this is after hours, people who buy a ticket for the day aren't being 'kicked out early.'

Last edited:

havoc315

you just made the point of why they shouldn’t make promises...

this is the “eisnerian dream” (trust me)...demand is going to blow the door off supply In a way never seen...they’re better off in letting that supply out “controlled”.

like a sheik in his oil field.

Correct:
They won't increase bare bones operational capacity until demand significantly exceeds capacity. (and that's just regular hiring of staff, opening of restaurants, opening all their resorts).
But then they won't invest in experience-enhancement -- the things that actually drive up demand -- Until after they have built up their operational capacity AND demand starts to slip again.

As long as they are booking 90% of their open resort space, why promise a better guest experience?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I've always like After Hours. You can ride three times as many rides in three hours than you could all day at the park. Plus, it's in the cool of the night.

Also, since this is after hours, people who buy a ticket for the day aren't being 'kicked out early.'
Except those party hours used to be normal hours before Di$ney found another way to make money

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Uh oh, our costumes include a small elephant trunk that goes over the nose, you can still see our face. (going as heffalumps). Would that not be allowed according to the no masks? I didn't think of that...luckily that's the only thing we had to purchase as far as costumes, so no big loss if we decide to go. That will teach me to stop planning so far ahead! :D

I thought that small elephant trunk sentence was going to end differently, but then I remembered this is a family forum 😂😂

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I was going to disagree with you, but you are right! The last time we were there was October 2017 and MK was open until 11 or midnight during October on a lot of non-party days, but seems in 2019 that ended (pre-pandemic).
In 2019 Disney was running Extra Extra Magic Hours in the morning and it was a disaster, but they had publicly announced them so they couldn’t walk them back. To compensate they never really extended evening hours they way they usually do in October.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I’m so excited for the Boo Bash! I’m not a firework or parade person so anything lacking in that department doesn’t bother me. After hour events are my favorite, so I’m really pumped for a little more of a normal experience :)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
One other bonus to an After Hours Halloween event is that it should dramatically reduce lines for candy or character meets vs a party size crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom