Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Dad 2 M & M

There is no way they sold 25k tix in a few hours (along with many thousands on other nights) over the phone. We’d be talking about hundreds of thousands of tickets being sold in a few hours. Over the phone.
I’m with ya on the math....still concerned it took 6 hours to even connect

I hope you are right, and while I don’t really hope Halloween really did sell out, at least if it did that alone would suggest the capacity is low.

Is it confirmed Halloween is sold out? Or maybe all presale tickets have been distributed? Serious question

ToTBellHop

I’m with ya on the math....still concert it took 6 hours to even connect

I hope you are right, and while I don’t really hope Halloween really did sell out, at least if it did that alone would suggest the capacity is low.

Is it confirmed Halloween is sold out? Or maybe all presale tickets have been distributed? Serious question
I don’t think they held tickets back. They were trying to throw resort guests a bone for a change. “Congratulations! You get to spend $215 per person over age 2 for Halloween!”

I am told this has legitimately had a strong demand. But they won’t increase capacity. Perhaps more events.

iowamomof4

I don’t think they held tickets back. They were trying to throw resort guests a bone for a change. “Congratulations! You get to spend $215 per person over age 2 for Halloween!”

I am told this has legitimately had a strong demand. But they won’t increase capacity. Perhaps more events.
I wondered about them adding more events. Seems like a good option, considering the demand (I hear it's unprecedented).

Wendy Pleakley

1623176653339.png

WonderWab

I wondered about them adding more events. Seems like a good option, considering the demand (I hear it's unprecedented).
I watched the DIS' live news stream today and they brought up the idea of "revenge travel" in that people are going to travel even more now than ever to make up for that past year of little to no traveling. It really makes sense people were ready to splurge for any extra time in the park because of how the past year has been.

ToTBellHop

I watched the DIS' live news stream today and they brought up the idea of "revenge travel" in that people are going to travel even more now than ever to make up for that past year of little to no traveling. It really makes sense people were ready to splurge for any extra time in the park because of how the past year has been.
Yes. Demand for WDW for the remainder of the year (at least) is crazy high.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've always thought the way to go with DAH tickets is to wait until the day before to decide to purchase them. There's almost no benefit to buying them in advance except FOMO on the opportunity to throw even more money at Disney than you already are. But should you really feel bad about missing out on an event that reached its undisclosed maximum capacity? I'd much rather go on a night that didn't get remotely close to selling out.

Only way I would ever buy them earlier is if I were doing a non-Disney Florida trip and still wanted to squeeze in an evening at MK.

With that said, we did DAH at MK in May 2019 and it was awesome.

You're looking at it from a 'hey, special upgrade...' perspective. Many people are looking at it for their normal Halloween fix. Unfortunately Disney doesn't give you any way to know an event is selling out until it's done. So you could be waiting and only find out the hard way.

The crush today is purely about people 'wanting to be sure...' and creating their own crush.

bee

GOT EM! I just kept trying every WDW number I know in rotation and finally spoke to a human! She said she would have to transfer me and the hold would be 216 minutes and I said that’s fine, but I think she transferred me to a special number (supervisor?) and someone picked up in less than a minute!

Wendy Pleakley

I imagine we'll see a surge of travel from the summer onward. I'm sure the people who have been working from home and hoarding their money outnumber those who have struggled.

Long term? I can a few years where leisure travel is down a bit on average, but nothing major. Once things are back to normal some people will still need a few years to get back on their feet.

TheMaxRebo

Yeah, and anecdotally I see a lot of people itching for anything Halloween from Disney. Whether this is a good deal or not, doesn't matter, they were going to go this year whatever was offered, whatever the cost

TheMaxRebo

Makes you wonder if there is the same UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND for a real Halloween event in Halloween Horror Nights.

I think so - I know a ton of of people that come off as "needing their HHN fix", so I suspect it does very well. And SWO is capitalizing on that by having an offering as well

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was actually surprised at how few events were initially offered. The nice thing about After Hours events is that it doesn't affect day guests so it would be relatively easy to add additional dates.

Sure when the parks close at 9pm regularly in what used to be the offseason...

But now it's not really offseason... and the demand is there... so instead of running the park later what do they do? They monetize the extra hours that the ticket holders show there is obvious demand for.

And should the MK really be closing at 9pm in August?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom