Disney After Hours BOO BASH

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's the quote from Disney -

"And, as part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” that gets underway Oct. 1 on the Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th Anniversary, the festive pumpkin decorations will receive a magical transformation inspired by the enchanting story of Cinderella."
That seems to me Disney's way of saying, "Hey, Halloween and 50th Anniversary fans, we found a way to combine the decorations for both events so that no one will get mad at us!!!"

Disstevefan1

And a young crowd that may tend not to be vaccinated. That is a concern.

Frankly, Uni should absolutely mandate masks, which they aren't doing. But they shouldn't cancel the event. An effective vaccine is available. Uni should mandate it, but they absolutely won't.
We will see what’s happens. Needless to say I won’t be there…

Weather_Lady

Looking forward to the local Vloggers to show us what its like,
Will what they show us be what it's really like, though? I thought when Disney increased capacity for Boo Bash after a few days initially sold out, it conspicuously released no new tickets for the first (8/10). My takeaway was that Disney wants to ensure that the bloggers and vloggers advertise and report an experience with truly short lines -- and then guests who buy in and attend later become victims of the bait-and-switch when they arrive to find that capacity and lines for later nights are substantially increased from what Johnny Vlogger described.

That said, I'm watching with bated breath, too. I'm among those potential suckers - BB tix for 8/24 - and will arrive assuming the best but prepared for the worst.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Entertainment schedule, characters and treat locations for Disney After Hours BOO BASH at the Magic Kingdom​

Main-Street-USA_Full_43374.jpg

Disstevefan1

Will what they show us be what it's really like, though? I thought when Disney increased capacity for Boo Bash after a few days initially sold out, it conspicuously released no new tickets for the first 2 dates (8/10, 17). My takeaway was that Disney wants to ensure that the bloggers and vloggers advertise and report an experience with truly short lines -- and then guests who buy in and attend later become victims of the bait-and-switch when they arrive to find that capacity and lines for later nights are substantially increased from what Johnny Vlogger described.

That said, I'm watching with bated breath, too. I'm among those potential suckers - BB tix for 8/24 - and will arrive assuming the best but prepared for the worst.
For their compensated influencers, I suspect Disney tells them to not show the crowds and not comment on them. Disney can control their compensated influencers, but they cannot control the independent vloggers. My hope we will get the real info from them.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Will what they show us be what it's really like, though? I thought when Disney increased capacity for Boo Bash after a few days initially sold out, it conspicuously released no new tickets for the first 2 dates (8/10, 17). My takeaway was that Disney wants to ensure that the bloggers and vloggers advertise and report an experience with truly short lines -- and then guests who buy in and attend later become victims of the bait-and-switch when they arrive to find that capacity and lines for later nights are substantially increased from what Johnny Vlogger described.

I am shocked… SHOCKED… I tell you, at the inference that Disney would deliberately offer fewer tickets to the first few Boo Bash events so that Vloggers and other first-reviewers would be able to show a favorable environment.

I will be quite curious to read reports next week and beyond.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I am shocked… SHOCKED… I tell you, at the inference that Disney would deliberately offer fewer tickets to the first few Boo Bash events so that Vloggers and other first-reviewers would be able to show a favorable environment.
I'm confused. How can there be so many vloggers that ordinary guests won't be able to get into the event, but then the event will have hardly anyone there????

It's almost as if people just make up stuff!!!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm confused. How can there be so many vloggers that ordinary guests won't be able to get into the event, but then the event will have hardly anyone there????

Even better - A hundred thousand vloggers are heading to WDW from around the world this month, looking to get some of that sweet Disney swag and benefits that only vloggers get by attending Boo Bashes. And no one from the public could even buy a Boo Bash ticket for the first month because of them. I think I read about that somewhere on the internet, so it’s true!

Weather_Lady

You needn't be confused: you're reacting to something that nobody said. No one is suggesting that the initial Boo Bash was set aside for vloggers. Hundreds upon hundreds of ordinary guests will be there, too, including some on this board who reported having purchased tickets for that date. Nor is anyone predicting that the vloggers are going to misreport their experiences.

What I did say is that: (1) Disney, in a very obvious manner, increased Boo Bash capacity for all of the initially sold-out dates except for 8/10 and 10/31; and that (2) in leaving capacity lower for 8/10, it knew full well that vloggers and other media types were going to be flocking to, and reporting on, that first Boo Bash more than any others, because naturally they all want to be the first to tell their readers/viewers about it. Disney wants to give those initial guests the best possible experience because their posts and reviews will sell more tickets for subsequent parties and draw others in, even though subsequent visitors are unlikely to receive the same quality of experience, due to the fact that Disney made more tickets available for those nights.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I will be quite curious to read reports next week and beyond.
Don’t worry, Disney would never deliberately not sell a single ticket less than they could. They are gonna oversell and pack them in as usual. Disney laughs and says, “They already purchased the ticket, what are they gonna do?”

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
You needn't be confused: you're reacting to something that nobody said. No one is suggesting that the initial Boo Bash was set aside for vloggers. Hundreds upon hundreds of ordinary guests will be there, too, including some on this board who reported having purchased tickets for that date. Nor is anyone predicting that the vloggers are going to misreport their experiences.

What I did say is that: (1) Disney, in a very obvious manner, increased Boo Bash capacity for all of the initially sold-out dates except for 8/10 and 10/31; and that (2) in leaving capacity lower for 8/10, it knew full well that vloggers and other media types were going to be flocking to, and reporting on, that first Boo Bash more than any others, because naturally they all want to be the first to tell their readers/viewers about it. Disney wants to give those initial guests the best possible experience because their posts and reviews will sell more tickets for subsequent parties and draw others in, even though subsequent visitors are unlikely to receive the same quality of experience, due to the fact that Disney made more tickets available for those nights.
So, you think that there will be hundreds of people there?

And that there will be no one vlogging or livestreaming the second night of BOOdah to show the 'real' crowds and make Disney look bad?

Weather_Lady

So, you think that there will be hundreds of people there?

And that there will be no one vlogging or livestreaming the second night of BOOdah to show the 'real' crowds and make Disney look bad?
Yes, of course there will be hundreds of people there. In fact, there will be thousands. (Although Disney doesn't release numbers, past capacity for DAH events at MK was estimated around 5,000 people) -- but it's my belief that it will be significantly fewer than for later dates, given Disney's decision not to increase capacity for that date even while increasing it for others.

Of course, people will vlog and livestream later events (slightly biased as those reports may be by the sunk-cost fallacy), but many who were waiting until after initial reports came out about the first event to make a purchasing decision will already have bought their tickets at that point. In fact, I'd go so far as to predict that within the next week, many of the dates that have remained available over the last couple months will sell out (assuming, of course, that Disney doesn't increase capacity a second time).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom