News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

ChrisRobin124

I’ve watched people dive over the cliff for more than a decade now. I don’t blame them for not seeing it coming (experience)…but it’s delusional not to see the arc…

Started with holiday events…400% price increases and a flood of dates in that span…

Then the failed launch of “after hours”…then the space mountain “smoking cabanas” (that was a doozy)….then “villains soirée” (another doozy…upsell within an upsell)…then after hours episode 2 - the Iger strikes back…

And on and on.

Now we have a cost to ride the rides you paid for wirh your ticket…which is now really a “concrete access fee”

There is a linear progression.

A far cry from E-Ride nights…where they actually kept the park open later and charged $15 for 3 hous…as a loyalty thank you.

But people try to make that comparison too
I believe the first few times we did it the cost was $10!

co10064

Premium Member
I completely understand people’s frustration with the prices and the whole selling the park twice thing, but I will say, we did this event earlier this year at EPCOT and DHS and it was worth every penny for us.

If we had tried to experience everything we wanted to in those parks during the day, we would’ve had to shell out a not-so-insignificant amount of cash for Lightning Lanes—all while still waiting in lines quite a bit… and dealing with the heat… and the navigating the crowds.

I would tell any non-AP holder who enjoys rides over entertainment to chose this event over a day ticket 100% of the time. But that’s just my opinion.

bmr1591

We know how bad it’s become when Disney brings back an unpopular fireworks show trying to draw guests.

If they did this right, they would have brought back wishes

They already have projections made. All it takes is flipping a switch and having fireworks ready to go. This is a really simple add by Disney that gives AH an extra 'perk' to going. I don't think they care as much about 'doing it right' as much as providing a form of value that make some want to go. Enchantment, even if it isn't the most popular, is still different than HEA.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I completely understand people’s frustration with the prices and the whole selling the park twice thing, but I will say, we did this event earlier this year at EPCOT and DHS and it was worth every penny for us.

If we had tried to experience everything we wanted to in those parks during the day, we would’ve had to shell out a not-so-insignificant amount of cash for Lightning Lanes—all while still waiting in lines quite a bit… and dealing with the heat… and the navigating the crowds.

I would tell any non-AP holder who enjoys rides over entertainment to chose this event over a day ticket 100% of the time. But that’s just my opinion.
I’m an AP holder and basically decided I’ll go once a year to a party or after hours event so I can get on the rides that I refuse to pay for during the year. I only need my e-ticket fix once a year. The rest of the time I’m happy going on the less popular stuff and enjoying the shows and entertainment

jrhwdw

'Disney Enchantment' Fireworks Show Returns for Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom in 2025​

Wonderful! :) :) :) :) :) Reminder: DAH's DE does not hurt HEA in anyway and it's nice to see MK add another Fireworks Show!

IDK why people can't see that....Yes , Wishes would have been a nice Surprise but still.

djlaosc

Steve any thoughts on AH Season ending in May.......so far?
It's what happened this year - they only announce the first few months, and then as they sell out, probably around January/February, they will announce June-September or something like that.

We went in June this year, and we had to wait until the second announcement to get our dates.

jrhwdw

Magic Kingdom DAH ends in May. We're thinking it could be hint to the opening of Starlight but its just a guess.

Plus, we're also wondering if MK wants to continue the 2025 AH Season after Starlight opens. Of if Starlight needs to be Twice a Night for Weeks/Months before Party Seasons 2025, which would count AH out.......or at least DE.......

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm annoyed that the DAH in Epcot starts so late. It's obvious they want it to be after the Festival of the Arts, but, that's just dumb, because it will then take place during Flower and Garden. Why is it trying to avoid one Festival in place of another?

There's a small window in which I can do both FotA and Epcot DAH in the same trip.

Also... when Epcot's DAH is online.... what's there to do but Cosmic Rewind over and over again? Which I don't mind. I once used DAK's DAH to ride FoP 17 times.

Chip Chipperson

I'm annoyed that the DAH in Epcot starts so late. It's obvious they want it to be after the Festival of the Arts, but, that's just dumb, because it will then take place during Flower and Garden. Why is it trying to avoid one Festival in place of another?

There's a small window in which I can do both FotA and Epcot DAH in the same trip.

Also... when Epcot's DAH is online.... what's there to do but Cosmic Rewind over and over again? Which I don't mind. I once used DAK's DAH to ride FoP 17 times.
When I did Epcot's AH last August my group was able to get Remy, Frozen, and GotG plus Soarin' and Figment (1 or both of those last 2 may have been before the park closed for day guests, my memory is fuzzy - but the others were all during AH hours) with a few breaks for the included snacks and drinks.

djlaosc

When I did Epcot's AH last August my group was able to get Remy, Frozen, and GotG plus Soarin' and Figment (1 or both of those last 2 may have been before the park closed for day guests, my memory is fuzzy - but the others were all during AH hours) with a few breaks for the included snacks and drinks.

We just went in June 2024, and Epcot After Hours was the only Disney Parks that we did.

We did (between getting in 7pm and close at 1am):
  • UK Shops
  • Japanese Shops
  • Germany Shops
  • Mexico Shops
  • Starbucks
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Connections Shop
  • Soarin'
  • Living with the Land
  • Luminous
  • Guardians x3
  • Test Track
  • Remy
  • Nemo Ride
  • Snacks

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom