News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If I were Josh, I'd be polishing up the ol' resume.
He's been doing that for a year or more, if you ask me. Everything he does is carefully crafted to portray him in the best possible light, all his talks are written to make him sound competent and caring, all his appearances are PR- and people-friendly.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
He's been doing that for a year or more, if you ask me. Everything he does is carefully crafted to portray him in the best possible light, all his talks are written to make him sound competent and caring, all his appearances are PR- and people-friendly.
Is the ability to wear pants that 2 sizes too tight, a marketable job skill that should be featured on one's resume?

monothingie

Premium Member
That's M.O. with everything at TWDC, everything is a false facade. They have fully embraced spinning only the positive that they are no longer capable of looking at actual serious problems.

This Is Fine GIF

Another case of the meme imitating real life.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That's M.O. with everything at TWDC, everything is a false facade. They have fully embraced spinning only the positive that they are no longer capable of looking at actual serious problems.

This Is Fine GIF

Another case of the meme imitating real life.

#ThanksBeToBob

"Zach Riddley - WDI

Skills:
  • Able to wear retro T-shirts while claiming expertise in topics I have no knowledge of
  • Flooring expert
  • Paint expert
  • Able to explain boring topics no one wants to know about over multiple PR-written and approved social media posts
Weaknesses:
  • EPCOT Center history
  • Spelling "Kiester Keister"
  • Rebuilding what once existed and taking credit for it "

monothingie

Premium Member
#ThanksBeToBob

"Zach Riddley - WDI

Skills:
  • Able to wear retro T-shirts while claiming expertise in topics I have no knowledge of
  • Flooring expert
  • Paint expert
  • Able to explain boring topics no one wants to know about over multiple PR-written and approved social media posts
Weaknesses:
  • EPCOT Center history
  • Spelling "Kiester Keister"
  • Rebuilding what once existed and taking credit for it "
Where is Zack these days? Did corporate cut back on his social media team?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Word is he's currently designing a new and exclusive line of popcorn buckets for the next round of Epcot After Hours events. He's being very meticulous about the materials and colors used. It will all be unveiled and explained in a grand, 24-post extravaganza on Instagram "in the near future".

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Yes, Josh, you can stay. For now. :cautious:"
We need to start a “scapegoat watch” for the next exec/carcass that will announce they’re “quitting” after a bad trading day (like yesterday) or two…

Tighties is definitely on it…but not tops yet.

and the Jedi whisperer is still too high profile to admit defeat on.

Sean Bailey better get a box though.

Maybe we can run a little pool on it? Some side action?

(Kidding…of course)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Word is he's currently designing a new and exclusive line of popcorn buckets for the next round of Epcot After Hours events. He's being very meticulous about the materials and colors used. It will all be unveiled and explained in a grand, 24-post extravaganza on Instagram "in the near future".
He’s in the box in bob’s garage next to the wrench, drill and screwdriver…

…right where he belongs

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, the PR was the problem. And not the perpetual construction site the park has become that despite hundreds of millions in investment is now on a discount coupon promotion.
Zach was put into that role because they thought he could deflect from the mess of the parks. The backlash led to him being removed from the limelight. The state of Epcot isn’t his fault. Of course it’s a problem, I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. Just saying that Zach was the fall guy here, I don’t think he should be blamed just because he was told to put out ridiculous PR spiels.

monothingie

Premium Member
Zach was put into that role because they thought he could deflect from the mess of the parks. The backlash led to him being removed from the limelight. The state of Epcot isn’t his fault. Of course it’s a problem, I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. Just saying that Zach was the fall guy here, I don’t think he should be blamed just because he was told to put out ridiculous PR spiels.
Of course Zach isn’t the cause of the disease that is rotting TWDC from within, he’s just a symptom.

Tha Realest

He’s been held out as the creative lead behind the transformation of Epcot. If it’s not “his fault,” who’s is it?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
He’s been held out as the creative lead behind the transformation of Epcot. If it’s not “his fault,” who’s is it?
Creative lead for a project many despise and the PR/social media face for it. Not an enviable position to be in, given hindsight and all.

Anyway, back to the thread topic.

I could see them cutting off sales yesterday and calling it "sold out". They know how many tickets have been sold, when they've been sold, patterns for other event ticket sales... it may not have been worth it to keep sales open and instead bite the bullet to create the illusion of "strong demand" for this one in an attempt to sell more for the remaining events. If you don't believe Disney, or any company, would do that, I have several large plots of land in southern Florida I'd like to sell to you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney fans…the backbone of their park clientele…mostly boomers and gen x…

Where NEVER gonna fall for that. We are our own worst enemies in many ways buy throwing coin at them…but that doesn’t mean we don’t know smell BS.

Especially the Xers

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Creative lead for a project many despise and the PR/social media face for it. Not an enviable position to be in, given hindsight and all.

Anyway, back to the thread topic.

I could see them cutting off sales yesterday and calling it "sold out". They know how many tickets have been sold, when they've been sold, patterns for other event ticket sales... it may not have been worth it to keep sales open and instead bite the bullet to create the illusion of "strong demand" for this one in an attempt to sell more for the remaining events. If you don't believe Disney, or any company, would do that, I have several large plots of land in southern Florida I'd like to sell to you.
Yeah…somebody had to be the human shield.

I’m guessing a new Model X showed up in his driveway a couple years ago when the C Suite decided to give up on the spine redo with a note that said:

“Thanks for all you do…please find a complementary TWDC monogrammed Kevlar vest in the trunk for your daily use…

- Bob and Bob”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom