Disney actually LOWERS some prices!

sillyspook13

Original Poster
The latest buzz at work:

Prices of bottled soft drinks will drop from $2.50 to $2.00, and bottled water from $2.50 to $1.50. I know this may not sound like much now, but wait until the summer!:slurp:

WDWspider

Originally posted by sillyspook13
The latest buzz at work:

Prices of bottled soft drinks will drop from $2.50 to $2.00, and bottled water from $2.50 to $1.50. I know this may not sound like much now, but wait until the summer!:slurp:

What? WOW, that's really great news on the water.

Tim G

The latest buzz at work:

Who says......

Let's wait and see what happens...

wow...this has got to be a first! somebody has got to notify Guiness because I'm sure Disney's just set some kind of world Record!!

:lol:

I hope the price reductions continue and there's a DRAMATIC increase in food & bev sales (or at least soda/water) so that Disney World price makers NOTICE.

This is really unbelievable...if its true. :sohappy:

WDWspider

Re: Re: Disney actually LOWERS some prices!

Originally posted by Corrus
Who says......

Regular Mr. Anti-Disney basher today aren't we... I mean no harm. ;)

Did something really bad happen at Disney recently to you?

FutureCEO

The latest buzz at work:

water is not worth $1.50

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Re: Re: Disney actually LOWERS some prices!

Originally posted by Corrus
Who says......

Everybody! I first heard it from outdoor foods (naturally, since they LIVE off of selling bottled drinks), but I also heard about it from within Pizzafari.

I can also see the price of juice bars going down, since they are produced on property, but don't quote me on that. Just an idea.:animwink:

orangefan15

That's good news...the prices of bottled soft drinks were a little ridiculous (of course, with a captive audience, they can charge whatever they want...)

Imagineer Jer

The latest buzz at work:

Hey!
Yes, See i told all you guyz out there, that they will lower prices sometime this year and guess what? They are!! Don't be so sure all the timee!

niteobsrvr

Great Disney is lowering prices. However, for an entertainment venu, I have never found their prices to be high but rather middle of the road for such venues.

I would be suprised to see them actually lowering prices and still offering the same quantites of beverage for the lower price. If I had to guess here, I would bet that the new $2.00 bottle of soda will be of the half litre variety. The half litre is 16.9 ounces of soda per bottle vs. the current 20 ounces at 2.50. On a per ounce basis, the smaller bottle, if indeed selling for $2.00, would give the end purchaser a discount of about 0.67 cents per ounce. Just to clarify this is not a 67 cent discount but 67/100 of a penny discount.

I am sure after many studies marketing folks have found that this slighly less soda in the bottle will encourage folks to buy another soda or two during the course of the day. There is probalby an inventory storage factor to the entire equation that benefits the company as well.

This would not be a new practice as other companies have been doing this for the last 20 years or so on a frequent basis. For those of you who buy pet food, check your 5 lb bag of dry food. While the bag is still the same size as the old 5 lb bag, the contents have been reduced to about 4.7 lbs. It is effectively a price increase for the company because the new lighter 5 lb bag sells for the same prices as the older heavier 5 lb bag. There are many other products using the same scenario, I just used this one because of my familiarity with the pet food industry.

The marketing folks spend a lot of time researching the price points at which consumers will be comfortable purchasing a given product. After, reaching the price points there job then becomes how to best acheive maximum sales and profitability while still convincing the consumer that the value of the product is the same.

historymystery

Account Suspended
Hmmmm this is amazing. Someone should call the hospital cause I think I am in shock! Man Disney actually lowered its prices! First water what next candy? lol just kidding there But truthfully that is great they are lowering the price.

djmatthews

I actually think Disney's drink prices are quite cheap compared to British prices. $2 is about £1.20 in British money. The theme park Iworked inover the summer we charged £1.50 for a 500ml bottle, which is alot. Alot of shops now newsagents, supremarkets etc charge around 85p for a bottle. So, Disney's prices aren't bad, plus you do get a bigger bottle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom